It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just wanted to point out now that the virus is attacking the elderly here in Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: musicismagic

The virus is a hoax by the dems,...

Japanese dems ?

Chinese dems

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Ofcourse the virus is going to do more harm to those with lesser immune system, the elderly being one of those people.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

I've had a tin foil hat on for for decades, but it's just getting stupid now.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Ofcourse the virus is going to do more harm to those with lesser immune system, the elderly being one of those people.

I don't see hows that possible. It's nothing but a democrat hoax to try and undermine trumps reelection.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I just wanted to point out now that the virus is attacking the elderly here in Japan

Everything attacks the elderly in every country.
Don't ask how i know this...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Here in the USA especially the leftist run states are killing off our elderly

Are you saying that blue states are the only one with nursing home deaths? That's fake news.

All states, even red ones, have nursing home deaths. Are rightist stats killing off the elderly as well?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Are these deaths being related to SARS Corona Type-2, or are they being blamed on "the covid"? I have learned that there is a difference.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: odzeandennz

You have it wrong. The Dems are using this virus as a reason to completely shutdown the economy to hurt Trumps chances at re-elections and kill people’s jobs to make them more reliant on big government here in the US.

Ya!! it's a worldwide conspiracy..duh

Tell that to my employer, who's previously quite healthy grandmother died from it 2 days ago.

---- ---!

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: AndyMayhew

I've had a tin foil hat on for for decades, but it's just getting stupid now.

Yup, it really is.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
actually trump is taking himself down all by himself.. ..between his massive ego and severe narcissism he literally JUST CAN'T STOP ....

You have it wrong. The Dems are using this virus as a reason to completely shutdown the economy to hurt Trumps chances at re-elections and kill people’s jobs to make them more reliant on big government here in the US.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's pretty well understood that the old and sick are at great risk from this virus. Normal healthy people under 60 may get sick but the vast majority will recover. It's not a surprise that elderly will have a much higher risk of death from this. The "hoax" part is the scare tactics that the MSM have put the fear of God into people thinking that if they get sick, they are dead for sure unless they immediately go to the hospital. News flash, old sick people are at risk from dying if they get any virus.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Tell that to my employer, who's previously quite healthy grandmother died from it 2 days ago.

---- ---!

GRANDMOTHER, old people tend to die when they get a virus. The elderly ARE at risk, the rest of us are not (statistically).

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
For perspective Rt (Effective Reproduction Number) for Japan 1.0 Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

US 1.2
Germany 1.6
World 1.3

covid19-r0.com...
www.worldometers.info...

Japan population 126,476,461

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:
CLOSED CASES

Actually, when Rt is less than 1, the epidemic will decay exponentially. When Rt is exactly 1.0 the number of cases will neither grow nor decline.

What’s interesting about that information in Worldometers is that the US as a whole is only slightly above 1.0, with some states essentially already at 1.0. It seems like it would only take a small additional effort in social distancing and mask wearing to bring it below 1.0.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

---- ---!

GRANDMOTHER, old people tend to die when they get a virus. The elderly ARE at risk, the rest of us are not (statistically).

The elderly certainly die at a higher rate, but don't be fooled into thinking this does not, at time carry lingering after effects/conditions for any age. Lots of heart and other issues. Right now, we are getting around 75-80 cases a day..75% of those are under 40.

And none of that means we should be careless.
edit on 14-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: putnam6
For perspective Rt (Effective Reproduction Number) for Japan 1.0 Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

US 1.2
Germany 1.6
World 1.3

covid19-r0.com...
www.worldometers.info...

Japan population 126,476,461

Coronavirus Cases:
Deaths:
Recovered:
CLOSED CASES

Actually, when Rt is less than 1, the epidemic will decay exponentially. When Rt is exactly 1.0 the number of cases will neither grow nor decline.

What’s interesting about that information in Worldometers is that the US as a whole is only slightly above 1.0, with some states essentially already at 1.0. It seems like it would only take a small additional effort in social distancing and mask wearing to bring it below 1.0.

Yes I understand the concept.Have been watching the RT values since early on when the "experts" said it would hit 5.7 or higher it never came that close here in the US.

Switzerland is at 1.5 lock down
Italy is at 1.5 major lock down
Sweden is 1.5 no lock down
Canada is 1.3 with major lockdown

Maybe it just needs to run its course, here in Georgia we have been under 1.0 since July 3rd and there is a lot of resistance to wearing masks etc.Its not just some states we have 28 states now below 1.0, the most in months . Georgia was one of the first states to reopen. Not saying it's over just saying it's improving much more than the media will tell people.

for perspective here's the RT for other "pandemics"

H1N1 1.2-1.6
EBOLA 1.6-2.0
SARS 2.0-4.0
MERS 2.5-7.2

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The jobs are what kept you chained to the system they created.
the plan is to make you beg for those chains back.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have any information on the permanent effects of having covid?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have any information on the permanent effects of having covid?

www.statnews.com...

I now have a friend that after 2 weeks in the Hospital, has severe neurological problems. cant speak, can't remember and looking at a year of rehab.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Tell that to the families of the hundreds of dead seniors in my province and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

---- ---!

The elderly certainly die at a higher rate, but don't be fooled into thinking this does not, at time carry lingering after effects/conditions for any age. Lots of heart and other issues. Right now, we are getting around 75-80 cases a day..75% of those are under 40.

And none of that means we should be careless.

The enlarged heart theory is nothing but propaganda, number of cases is pretty meaningless, 99.96% of those 75% or more will recover just fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join