It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Nobel Peace Prize--Yes or No?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes he definitely deserves it, no he'll never get it because the people who award it will be bullied into not giving it to Trump.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: matafuchs

Remind me also of how many new wars he started? Every president before him has a much worse track record on that one.

I agree 100% with what you said, but I still think handing out Peace Prizes for not starting a war is a pretty low bar.

Then again, that would be a higher standard than what they currently seem to have.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

If only Trump were born half black or was a Democrat he would have 20 Nobel prizes by now.

Why? someone else have 20?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   

YES

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Based on the previous criteria, yes.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
If obama got one just for being a knobhead, Trump should definitely get one too.
He actually did something to deserve it.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:29 AM
link   
They won’t give him anything because Orange Man Bad.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

My skin color is white but I don’t identify as white so can I be excused from the blame?

Also can I receive reparations because those whom I self identify with will be receiving them?

The Nobel peace prize has become a joke. How sad is that?

edit on 14-8-2020 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

No from me

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It is an obvious yes IMO. First POTUS since I can remember to not start a new military conflict (thus far). In fact he cut funding for deep state training and logistics support to actual middle east terrorists. He is scaling down operations in existing battle fronts. He has helped the Korea's dialogue much better. Assisted with this israel UAE peaCE deal.

Is fighting terrorists here in the USA to try and bring peace back to some cities under siege. I mean our last potus got a peace prize for assisting in the total destruction of several whole societies and mation states, as well as murdering an American kid with a drone strike after joking about using drone strikes on young kids in a tongue and cheek sick joke about the Jonas brothers and his daughter.

I'm not laughing about a murdered American teenager who was not charged with anything.

Potus has not killed any American teens or joked about doing so. Trump so deserves a peace prize more than any other potus in forty years.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Nobel Peace Prize is as meaningless as anyone it's bestowed upon, or by who, anymore...so, sure? Why not? Give it to another dumbass.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Even if nominated, I feel he should refuse to accept such an "award".

It is not a mark of honour to join the ranks of the war criminals and psychopaths who have previously been awarded it.

Personally If I was a world leader I would be insulted by the nomination alone.

Agreed

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: seedofchucky

after gore , E.U . and obama got 1 . It has no value anymore. Its just a liberal participation trophy

President Trump agrees with you. After South and North Korea praised President Trump for getting them talking face-to-face, a reporter asked him if he felt he deserved a Nobel Peace Prize.

Trump responded, "That's not important. PEACE is the prize."

I love NOT having a life-long politician in charge of this country!

Do you believe that?

Trump is all about himself.
I don't think he really cares about peace as much as his legacy for bringing peace.

He will probably get it right, like he's got most things right so far. But he isn't out for the greater good.

He's out for himself and thankfully that also helps everyone else.

I have the hardest time figuring you out. You’re like the “uncle Ruckus” of Republicans.
It’s ok to support someone doing a good job. You don’t have to like them personally. It’s part of being an adult.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I had to do a google search for it because it wasn't even main page news on Fox of all places.

The UAE is the most peaceful and most capitalistic Arab nation on Earth. They're an island with a token army and everything to gain from a relationship with Israel, right?

I'm about to throw big, ugly words around but consider this.

By definition, the UAE is the most liberal Muslim nation and the least conservative. Saudi is conservative, yet more liberal than.. I dunno.. Iran? I can't really use Iraq or Syria because their countries are fractionized # holes.

The agreement will include establishing embassies and exchanging ambassadors, investments into the Israeli economy, trade, direct flights between Tel Aviv and Abu Dhabi, an investment in Israeli efforts to develop a coronavirus vaccine – as first reported in The Jerusalem Post last month – and cooperation in matters of energy and water. An important element of the deal for the UAE is the expectation that its citizens would be able to visit the Al-Aksa mosque in Jerusalem.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called the deal “full, formal peace” with “one of the strongest countries in the world.”
“Together we can bring a wonderful future. It is an incomparably exciting moment,” Netanyahu said. “I have the great privilege to make the third peace treaty between Israel and an Arab country, the UAE.”

Economy, trade, investment, energy, water, direct flights.

"One of the strongest countries in the world" eh?

Clearly worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize, these two were definitely about to duke it out. The other Arab nations are going to scoff at it and consider it meaningless.
edit on 14-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The US president also mentioned Iran, about which the UAE and other Gulf States share concerns with Israel, saying that he will make a deal with them “within 30 days” if he wins the election. Trump said the Iranians are “dying to make a deal,” but would prefer that it be with the Democratic candidate for president, Joe Biden, “because that would be like a dream” for them. Trump's Special Adviser Jared Kushner clarified that the deal would not allow Iran to obtain nuclear weapons.
Netanyahu remarked that the moves towards normalization were kept tightly under wraps because Iran would have liked to sabotage them.
Iran has played a major role in the closer ties between Israel and Gulf States since the previous US government and other world powers signed the nuclear deal with Tehran in 2015. The countries began cooperating on national security and that moved to other issues after trust was built between them, to the point that an American source said normalization seemed inevitable.
As a reaction, Iran's Foreign Minister declared to the state news agency IRNA that the deal was "dangerous and illegitimate." He said that "this is stabbing the Palestinians in the back and will strengthen the regional unity against the Zionist regime."
"The shameful measure of Abu Dhabi to reach an agreement with the fake Zionist regime (Israel) is a dangerous move and the UAE and other states that backed it will be responsible for its consequences," the statement added, according to IRNA.

I don't know, it doesn't sound like they're dying to make a deal to me, especially within 30 days of him winning the election.

We'd better vote for Trump to bring peace to the middle east out of nowhere during the pandemic. Take him at his word, he has the track record to prove it.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

This is a major peace agreement which, likely will result in more ME nations SOON following suit.

No it won't. UAE is a key partner for the United States in ME, just like Israel. A peace agreement between two puppet states of USA.
This is just a show put up by Trump 3 months before elections.
I mean, it's not like it hasn't been done before. Clinton admin pushed for peace agreement in Bosnia In the run-up to the 1995 US presidential elections.
Fake as Trumps tan.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
Nobel Peace Prize is as meaningless as anyone it's bestowed upon, or by who, anymore...so, sure? Why not? Give it to another dumbass.

Trump cult wants it only because Obama won it.
8 years of a "******" in the White House has made these people bat# crazy.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Makes as much sense for North Korea to get a prize for
not annexing South Korea.
Likewise, nothing has been accomplished by this 'deal'
Trump is hamming-up for votes is all.

~
edit on 14/8/20 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Trump cult wants it only because Obama won it.
8 years of a "******" in the White House has made these people bat# crazy.

If I had one wish-I wouldn’t be able to decide between eternal youth and democrats stopping their projected racism onto us.
We get it. You don’t like black people. You wanted to call Obama the N word so bad you had say it and blame it on us.
👎

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

The nobel peace prize is worthless.

Put Trump on the mountain.

The nobel peace prize was tainted long before Obama got his grubby hands on it.
In '93 it was given to a sellout and a terrorist, both globalists.

edit on 14-8-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2020 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join