It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage says Leave voters will not get what they voted for

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

FFS, and how much money and resources have other countries and their empires raped, exploited and stolen from other nations?

Please show me any expansionist nation throughout human history that hasn't been built on the conquest of others?

For comparison with another European nation that was empire building the same time as the UK started doing so please look at the excesses of The Spanish Empire.
And lets not forget the blood spilt, the deceit, duplicity, double dealing and exploitation that has been done - and some say continues to be done - in the name of US expansionism over the last two hundred years or so.

The UK is in no ways unique in any apsect of empire building....just better!

edit on 13/8/20 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I fully support the Brits in breaking ties with the globalist, would be dictators of the EU.

The only reason a deal hasn't been reached is the EU, as stated is only seeking to accept a punitive deal for the UK.

The globalisation experiment has failed. "The rise of nationalism" is being portrayed as some racist, far-right type sentiment when really people just want decisions made for them by people closer to home.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

And the hypocrisy is palpable.

Southern Guardian is a proven globalist yet he/she talks smack about empires.

Glass houses indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

FFS, and how much money and resources have other countries and their empires raped, exploited and stolen from other nations?

Exactly. How many other Europeans have been involved in raping the various other civilizations? How about the US?

My point is, the UK has no place to cry injustice over other EU members having taken advantage of their sea territory, especially given the fact they signed it off as part of the open market agreement.

Speak to Wide-eyes.

link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

If the people from the Uk want to be free from the EU pick up your rifles and get your freedom

I don't understand? Against who? The Boris government? The EU? Violence is never the option and from what I understand both sides are just working a preferable way to part.

link   

And the UK made a choice to bind itself to Europe in the 20th Century.

The British people voted to join a Free Trade Alliance - The Common Market - political union was never part of the deal.
The EU became something few in the UK could ever have envisaged and we enacted our Right to Self-Determination and voted to Leave.....and that's what we want to do.
Pretty straight forward......no strings, no bull#, just leave.

It's not hard.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Exactly. How many other Europeans have been involved in raping the various other civilizations? How about the US?

My point is, the UK has no place to cry injustice over other EU members having taken advantage of their sea territory, especially given the fact they signed it off as part of the open market agreement.

Speak to Wide-eyes.

Free reign on our waters was NEVER part of our agreement.

You think that because you assume that a union is a free for all.

There are still rules. The EU have kicked the arse out of them. Why the f*ck do you think we voted to leave?

Lemme guess, you think we're a bunch of racists and xenophobes?
edit on 1382020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The EU became something few in the UK could ever have envisaged and we enacted our Right to Self-Determination and voted to Leave....

And you did in 2016. Move along now in my opinion. You guys have a future to focus on. Brexiteers seem to be bent on complaining they're been put in an unfair position (Wide-eye's complaint about fisheries is an example of this). The clear fact to that is, everybody has done an injustice somewhere. Time to move on. All.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Free reign on our waters was NEVER part of our agreement.

In its accession negotiations, the UK at first refused to accept the rules but by the end of 1971 the UK gave way and signed the Accession Treaty on 22 January 1972, thereby bringing into the CFP joint management an estimated four fifths of all the fish off Western Europe.[31] Norway decided not to join. Greenland left the EC in 1985, after having gained partial independence from Denmark in 1979.

Common Fisheries Policy 1979

Don't worry. You've got your seas back now. Move along.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

What, you think that is unique to Europeans and the US?

If so then you are either incredibly uniformed or ignorant of human history or just blatantly selective in your understanding of it.

Yes, I get that.
But now we want out and we want to take back what is ours.
Exactly the same as many other countries have done over the years when regaining or reasserting their independence.

Or do you think a seperate and different set of standards should apply to the UK?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

It's far from over.

The EU will strive for their pound of flesh, one way or another.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Well imagine that. LoL

The reason Brexit is not done and dusted, bar the COVID 19 debackle.

Is the fact that cutting off one's nose to spite yourself, is easier said than done.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
originally posted by: Freeborn

What, you think that is unique to Europeans and the US?

Nope. Used those countries that are major examples.

What, you wanted me to list all 192 sovereign nations for you? Silly.

Yes, I get that.
But now we want out and we want to take back what is ours.

Yep, and your government, the one you've elected as a collective, the one you replaced with a vehement Brexiteer later down the track (Boris), is now negotiating an agreement out.

You're getting yours back.

You won the referendum in 2016

This is elected government in action. So what's the problem?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It's far from over.

The EU will strive for their pound of flesh, one way or another.

In other words, you're not confident the UK can hold their own?

Who's fault is that?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Anyone with even a modicum of intelligence knows that Farage is a knobhead, was/is a one-trick pony and has no relevance at all in a post-Brexit UK.

However, this does highlight the fact that Boris Johnson and his team have only been marginally better than May and her team in their negotiations with the EU.....not something our media wishes to broadcast too loudly.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well imagine that. LoL

The reason Brexit is not done and dusted, bar the COVID 19 debackle.

Is the fact that cutting off one's nose to spite yourself, is easier said than done.

You're right, much easier to keep licking the hand of a corrupt master than break free. Power to the Brits, take back your independence.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

You are losing me now.....just what point are you trying to make?

Used those countries that are major examples.

What, so the Chinese, Japanese, Mongols, Persians, Egyptians, Ottomans, Aztecs, Mayans to name but a few aren't 'major examples' of empire builders?
What about various Caliphates?

I could go on but I sincerely hope you get my point now....if you don't then there's no point in continuing.

What, you wanted me to list all 192 sovereign nations for you? Silly.

What?

Yep, and your government, the one you've elected as a collective, the one you replaced with a vehement Brexiteer later down the track (Boris), is now negotiating an agreement out.

Boris is most definitely NOT a 'vehement Brexiteer'.
He was passionately pro-EU until he was asked to take a prominent role in the Brexit campaign.
He accepted that because it was a great opportunity for him raise his own public profile and it was a great political move; it had absolutely nothing to do with personal conviction and belief.

I could go on about Boris's personality traits, leadership abilities etc but this thread is not about him.

Our government are doing a crap job in their attempts to extricate us from the monstrosity that is the EU - some think by design.

One of the results of outdated and unfit for purpose electoral and parlaimentary systems that require urgent and radical reform.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
See all the migrants coming over the channel from France on the news???
Just another negotiating tool.
With CV19 we have the best opportunity to cut all ties and go on our own.

Just out of curiosity. The UK doesn't want those immigrants. Neither does France. If you don't have a deal why should France stop them from leaving their country?

Refugees are supposed to register and be cared for by the first nation they arrive in that's deemed safe. That's nearly every nation on the Mediterranean, all on the North sea and the Baltic.

If France refuses to house them then they are effectively taking human rights away. If the refugees refuse to be housed in France then they're not refugees.

If France allows them to cross, whether they've been mistreated by France, the French knows they're migrants or willingly let's migrants/refugees to leave their borders then the issue is literally with them.

It's called border control. It's also called humane treatment. France needs to sort it's # out.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Violence is never the option

Unless it's the government trying to keep the common rabble in line. Then violence is the second option, preceded by Perception Management (lies).
edit on 14-8-2020 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

originally posted by: Dumbass

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot
See all the migrants coming over the channel from France on the news???
Just another negotiating tool.
With CV19 we have the best opportunity to cut all ties and go on our own.

Just out of curiosity. The UK doesn't want those immigrants. Neither does France. If you don't have a deal why should France stop them from leaving their country?

Refugees are supposed to register and be cared for by the first nation they arrive in that's deemed safe. That's nearly every nation on the Mediterranean, all on the North sea and the Baltic.

If France refuses to house them then they are effectively taking human rights away. If the refugees refuse to be housed in France then they're not refugees.

If France allows them to cross, whether they've been mistreated by France, the French knows they're migrants or willingly let's migrants/refugees to leave their borders then the issue is literally with them.

It's called border control. It's also called humane treatment. France needs to sort it's # out.

They are supposed to register but they don't. Unregistered is unnoticed and thus can't be taken care off.

But basically you're saying UK wants to be free so others need to close their borders and control that for the UK.

Nope. If the UK wants to be on their own their borders should be in their control and they should not rely for a single bit on other countries with whom they do not have any connection. If the UK expects something from France they recognize their is a connection and are not truly on their own. Go blame the other countries first in line and not the one right up to the border of the UK.

I can't give a rats ass btw what France or the UK are doing, not my ally.

This made me laugh though

Because literally the issue is not with them anymore as that Elvis has just left the building.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join