It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Fields. US government unwarranted survelience of private property

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Open Fields Article on Agweb Open Fields. US government unwarranted surveillance of private property

This something I find myself not surprised at finding out but this was my first view of this information. The article links to a lot of the case law on this SCOTUS decision that hardly anyone knows about. Having lived in rural areas most of my life I should have been aware of it but I guess it is not as prevalent in Texas and Oklahoma. Basically your private property signs do not count for squat with regards to the federal government intrusion onto your property. They can come and go without a warrant and put up cameras to surveil your activities on your property.

Given the timeframe of the original decision, I am guessing this was used to trespass on a private property looking for stills or later on grow operations. Open Fields is the legal cover for such activities and has just expanded quietly over the years likely to expand revenue generation activities of the federal government.

edit on 8/13/2020 by machineintelligence because: added content

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

They can come and go without a warrant and put up cameras to surveil your activities on your property.

That really sucks that they can do that. Especially because of the fact that they can use satellites or drones and don't need to have cameras on your property.

I bet they have some AI watching for suspicious activity and flagging the feeds it looks like a human should see.

I think it is only going to get worst. I really think they are going to chip us with the vaccine. Once they have that and the 5G control grid up, game over.

I think it is coming fast, too. By 2021 America as we know it could be gone. I don't see us making it past this coming election as a country, unless the sane majority takes back control somehow.

edit on 13-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: timetravel

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In the article linked..

The alleged surveillance may have origins partially related to 2016 hunting violations, Rainwaters says, when his son and a group of friends were ticketed for baiting doves: “I paid their fines myself in what amounted to $380 times eight people. Yeah, all this started over hunting tickets and now TWRA thinks it’s OK to set up surveillance on my land.”

Wonder how TWRA knew about that if it occurred on private property. How well does Mr. Rainwaters know his tenant?

Even after the 2016 incident, the TWRA should have warned him that he was to be placed on some sort of probation even though it's appears to be a Tennessee state mandate.

Legal spying... ewww that creeps me out.😞

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Wow...pretty crazy

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If they are paying you CRP.

They can make sure you aren’t growing.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I remember when that first went down. Made a lot of people pissed. People were discussing going out and taking down any trail/game cameras that didn't belong on their property. They're still trying to get the state of Tennessee to put an end to it.

I'm hoping they do.

Of course it's more federal government BS. The SCOTUS passed it back int the 80's or something like that saying that the 4th amendment only applies to your dwelling, and the land immediately outside of it, but not to any extended land. And their definition of extended land is super arbitrary.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately, you will have to take measures to keep an eye on things as well as to protect your privacy these days. Traps, not legal, but trespassing can present many dangers if unfamiliar with a property. Accidents can happen through no fault of a property owner if someone roams their property without permission, that's where the signs could be useful in a legal ruling. It was posted private property for a reason. Should have asked, I could have told you there was quick sand on that trail, or warned you about the monster snapping turtles, or the swamp gas, or the . . .
edit on 13-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

This article and video are interesting to look at with regard to this case. These are the folks handling the lawsuit. I hope they have some success at bucking this ruling and not just settle out of court and nothing changes.
ij.org...

Here is the deep dive video on this situation it is about 20 minutes and provides lots of case information and more historical information on this form of government intrusion into private property without probable cause or a warrant just a hunt for trouble. Looks like investigation without any good reason in my view.

edit on 8/13/2020 by machineintelligence because: added content

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Good info- thanks for the thread

This is where the media used to be useful. They would report on things like this and folks would fight back. But now the media is just another arm of the corrupt government, so we never see stuff like this unless one goes to Youtube etc, and the agencies behind the scenes have done a great job of getting everyone to believe it’s just “crazy conspiracy theory people.”

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Wonder how TWRA knew about that if it occurred on private property.

State game wardens have jurisdiction everywhere, privet property or not. They can walk into your house and open your freezer door looking for illegal game without a warrant.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

We have a pack of wolf-dog hybrids that have free reign of much of the outer area of the property. Those cattle panels and electric fences are for trespasser protection and to keep the game out of the rather large dog run. It is clearly marked as no trespassing and electric fence and dogs on patrol. We also have wireless HD cameras PTZ with 30X zoom. We have not had trouble from the government that we know about but druggies and thieves are a problem out here. They will come on private property to set up meth-cooking or just looking for things to steal.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yep, a Game Warden can do that in PA. I saw it happen when my ahole neighbor was shooting deer in the vacinity of our home. I recorded it while I was away, circa 2005, and played it for a friendly warden. He waited for the guy to come home and kicked open his shed with the camera flashing. I think it happened twice.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

What’s up with the junkies? What state are you in?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I wonder - if cameras are put up on your property, can you do with them as you please? Say its mounted on a tree and you pee on it - maybe its your favorite tree to pee on. Or maybe you simply dispose of or recycle any items tresspassers leave laying around on your land.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Rural North Texas to Oklahoma lots of cheap places to live so lots of meth-heads.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

They do seem to indicate from these reports that the cameras are placed up high and it is noticed that branches obstructing the camera view are cut back by government agents to remove obstructions from the camera views.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Game Wardens have broad powers in Texas. Here's an old tale of legend:

A farmer was sitting on his porch when a Game Warden drives up and tells the farmer he's going to look in his field.
The farmer says "Warden, I wouldn't do that if I were you." The Warden points to his badge and says "See this badge. This gives me the right to go anywhere I want." The old farmer says "Suit yourself."

Ten minutes later the Warden can be heard screaming for help. "Help! There's a huge bull chasing me!" as the Warden runs for his life. The old farmer yells back "Show him your badge!"

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

unwarranted survelience

How can you quote an article where it's written correctly and then butcher it up? If you can't write it correctly, then why not just copypaste it? Blows my mind.

Surveillance, not 'survelience', geez.

top topics

join