It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate leaves until September without coronavirus relief deal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: carewemust

I bet all those reps read every angry email....lol

The staff who answer the telephones for Congressional Representatives in the home districts have probably started hanging up on people.

I bet most of the House Democrats are vacationing far away from their home districts. Could be a big mistake, with elections coming up.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Is the "Kennedy" Arts Center gonna receive millions again ?
Earmarked for the DNC ?
Would JFK approve ?
Tune in next week.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Senate has decided to Middle-Finger the Democrats and say see ya later !!

They are now apparently in recess and won't be back till next month !!

Crap like this immature hissy fitting in DC is why I'm sticking with this:

Trump with win. Nobody likes an asshole, especially ones that WON'T negotiate despite everyone else bowing to their demand to do so.

They've screwed themselves. The SJW wet dream Harris is can't fix that.
edit on 8/13/2020 by Nyiah because: fat fingered typo

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: xuenchen

Screw the American people, am I right?

It’s not like anyone expects them to work for their constituents.

Yeah, curious why the Dems would play hard ball like they have when American People are financially hurting this much. Seems to be very much against their oft-stated principles of being for the "little guy." Oh well, this will have ramifications in November when voters remember it was the Dems refusal to budge from packing a bill with pork spending that prevented Americans from seeing relief.

A key part of the Scheme to get Joe Biden elected, is to have almost universal vote-by-mail. Nancy Pelosi will not give on wanting $3.5 billion sent to the United States Post Office. She is flexible in every other aspect of the negotiations, but that one, according to negotiators.

President Trump's intel people sense that some top Postal Executives are prepared to do illegal things, as the ballots come in, in certain locations across the country. Part of the $3.5 Billion will be used to pay them for their "work".

A bunch of top postal executives were terminated in what was called the "USPS Friday Night Massacre" last week. But there still may be some corrupt men/women who were not identified.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

So...there's a pandemic, which america is, according to the news, the epicenter of, people are losing their businesses homes, etc., your country is full of riots, people are clamouring to remove law and order, the whole country's ready to tear eachother apart....yeah that's the time to take a break...clearly...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notoneofyou

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: underwerks

Not taking a # deal is working for for their constituents.

Due to expiration of the federal unemployment benefits, everyone who is unemployed saw a 60 to 80% reduction in their unemployment checks on July 25th.

The number of angry unemployed people contacting their congressmen and senators is escalating rapidly!

The additional three or four hundred dollars that President Trump signed an executive order for last Saturday, will kick in in about 2 weeks and be retroactive to August 1st.

You know what? # em' .

I been busting my ass welding in 80-90 heat every #in day without an extra 600 in my goddamn paycheck.

They can # right off.

Yep, there's the good ol' American way. F*ck 'em.

People hungry and getting tossed in the streets? F*ck 'em, they should have been lucky like you.

Your own countrymen hurting, worse than you ever have in your pampered life, and your great idea is "They can f*ck right off."

Well done, tough guy. Makin it great, huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Glad your side wins!

Meanwhile in the real world... everyone get screwed.

Maga. Thanks trump... I mean Obama

Everyone who is working with drastically dininished income got screwed a lot more. Most auto salespeople throughout the nation are suffering greatly now - working as hard as ever, but no cars to sell because the factory closeures have caught up to us. They're back up and running now, but the unemployed are likely going to be making significantly more money than most of us - while not having to pay someone to stay with their chikdren and facilitate their remote learning.

Even the extra ~$200/week on top of unemployment pisses me off to no end. Directly caused by the shutdowns, I'm facing a 50-75% income reduction over the next few months, AND I have to continue working. My wife's income will be reduced by 80% so she can be home with the kids when they woukd normally be in school. The 20%, she'll still earn whike working on my weekday off. Sunday will be the 1 day a week for me to take care of chires, shopping, and squeeze in some family time.

My wife's earnings will be less than the extra bonus those on unemployment will be receiving. Why in the hell will they get a BONUS for being able to stay home with their families while we get NOTHING?

People are talking about the possibility of civil war. Keep starving us out while taking what little we have to reward the unemployed and I'm getting real close to being ready to sign up.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

So...there's a pandemic, which america is, according to the news, the epicenter of, people are losing their businesses homes, etc., your country is full of riots, people are clamouring to remove law and order, the whole country's ready to tear eachother apart....yeah that's the time to take a break...clearly...

This 5 week U.S. House vacation (4 weeks for Senate) was on the Congressional Calendars printed at the end of 2019. They already had their airline tickets, resort locations reserved, and family excursions arranged...months ago.

FYI: Between June 24th and September 9th, the House has only been in Session 3 weeks, and the Senate 4 weeks. We pay all 500 of them $180,000 a year to work only 136 days a year.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I know a lot of people (including myself) who are milking the system. Our corrupt (IL) governor further wrecked the state's already pathetic economy, so our sales income plummeted.

Senator Bernie Sanders slipped into the March Pandemic Rescue Bill a stipulation that allows people who are still working, but at reduced income, to collect full employment benefits. So I've been getting $950 @ week ($600 Fed / $350 State) since March 20th...and am still working....but not as many hours. About the same income as before Covid-19, but working15-20 hours @ week.

It's too bad the establishment backed Joe Dementia Biden, instead of Bernie Empathy Sanders.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Here this might help explain how people will see the whole thing. And yeah, that isn’t the Obamaphone lady, because why not? Romney doesn’t give an Obamaphone.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant

Due to expiration of the federal unemployment benefits, everyone who is unemployed saw a 60 to 80% reduction in their unemployment checks on July 25th.

The number of angry unemployed people contacting their congressmen and senators is escalating rapidly!

The additional three or four hundred dollars that President Trump signed an executive order for last Saturday, will kick in in about 2 weeks and be retroactive to August 1st.

You know what? # em' .

I been busting my ass welding in 80-90 heat every #in day without an extra 600 in my goddamn paycheck.

They can # right off.

People hungry and getting tossed in the streets? F*ck 'em, they should have been lucky like you.

Your own countrymen hurting, worse than you ever have in your pampered life, and your great idea is "They can f*ck right off."

His pampered life? Have you ever welded in 90 degree heat?

His point is that he, like many of us, is still at work - busting his ass all day in the heat - and gets nothing for it. Meanwhile, people are pissing and moaning about not getting an extension on their $600 a week pampering. Many of which are people who just don't want to go back to work because they make more sitting on their ass being lazy.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a reply to: darkbake

Funny one X , that Guy Cracks me Up ........

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

You know what? # em' .

They can # right off.

I lived on the streets for awhile once.

There is really no luck involved in getting out of that situation.

All it takes is determination and using the gift that the American system already has in place.

The opportunity to rise above your current status using your intellect, your willpower, your sweat and the ability to learn.

So no...

YOU can F##K off with your attitude.

Grow a pair and make your life better, tough guy.

THEN take the time to help people that are less fortunate then yourself.

The government shouldn't be your mother and father and take care of you.

Learn to cake care of yourself.

Look in a mirror and realize that YOU are the reason that America is going to hell right now.

Because of your self-entitled attitude.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You know what? # em' .

They can # right off.

His pampered life? Have you ever welded in 90 degree heat?

His point is that he, like many of us, is still at work - busting his ass all day in the heat - and gets nothing for it. Meanwhile, people are pissing and moaning about not getting an extension on their $600 a week pampering. Many of which are people who just don't want to go back to work because they make more sitting on their ass being lazy.

I was actually born and raised in south Louisiana. I've done welding and a lot more in a lot hotter than 90 degrees. He's lucky to still have a job at all, and I know how much welding pays. I've done it.

I'm still at work myself, so I understand your point, but I would never look down on or judge people struggling right now. Jobs have dried up, it's as simple as that.

We need to help out those around us having hard times. I'm guessing you're not Cajun.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

edit on 8/16/2020 by VariableConstant because: Shouldn't argue with fools

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

They are now apparently in recess and won't be back till next month !!

Crap like this immature hissy fitting in DC is why I'm sticking with this:

Trump with win. Nobody likes an asshole, especially ones that WON'T negotiate despite everyone else bowing to their demand to do so.

They've screwed themselves. The SJW wet dream Harris is can't fix that.

The U.S. House approval rating is 15%...which is amazing, considering how many times Pelosi her evil cabal have tried to oust President Trump. You'd think every Democrat in America would be ecstatic over the House going after Trump again and again.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You know what? # em' .

They can # right off.

Your own countrymen hurting, "They can f*ck right off."

Since it's Sunday morning...cue up the organ music....

JESUS said THE POOR will ALWAYS be present in every society.

But if you're not Christian, never mind.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

You know what? # em' .

They can # right off.

Your own countrymen hurting, "They can f*ck right off."

Since it's Sunday morning...cue up the organ music....

JESUS said THE POOR will ALWAYS be present in every society.

But if you're not Christian, never mind.

I was raised in the Christian church, so I have no problem with helping others that are struggling.

It is not a weakness to support Americans that are having hard times right now.

Do you disagree?

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: VariableConstant

Of course he doesn't.
Just look at his user name.

posted on Aug, 17 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You idiot no it’s not. If I have to wait 3 months to get 600$ a week, or I get 400$ a week now, guess what, I’ll make more money and get the help I need now with the 400$ a week. Plus the state unemployement, I can be just fine, with just the state I’m bleeding money just paying bills though. So I’m not being helped at all by all the pork they want to add. Idiot. a reply to: Bluntone22

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join