It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate leaves until September without coronavirus relief deal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And yet my peers and neighbors will continue to talk trash about Trump & everytime I tell them about how corrupt Nancy & many other leftist talking heads are they say "I didn't know that", or more often "the Republicans (or "Trump") are even worse"

I'm well aware most of the Republicans are dirty sellouts too, but the Democrats & left are overwhelmingly corrupt, brazenly hypocritical & doing the most damage but tribalism & brainwash seems to have taken over.

I'm not even a Trump fan, I think he allowed majorly reckless printing of trillions of dollars, stealing our purchasing power and jeopardizing our economy (which was already fragile) , but what's going on with party over country on the side of the democrats is downright criminal

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Oh boo hoo
People will be hurting!

Yeah, they will.
But had the democrats gotten their plan approved our children And grandchildren would be hurting paying for the pork.
What’s another trillion...

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Oh boo hoo
People will be hurting!

Yeah, they will.
But had the democrats gotten their plan approved our children And grandchildren would be hurting paying for the pork.

How do otherwise rational ppl not see this? The dems are trying to use the situation to push thier leftist agenda.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is about more than just pork. What looks the worst, if you can see it. Is that one of the main reason they couldn't get the deal done is because D's want mail-in voting so they can cheat. Why else are they pushing it so hard?

They know they look bad leaving without a deal. They don't care. They know this is the only way they can get the funds for mail in voting.

Trump being Trump told them the truth. No way they are going to get that money because, he doesn't want mail in voting. And now they are freaked out because he told them the truth and didn't lie, like they would of.

Trump Admits He Opposes Funding For Postal Service To Block More Voting By Mail

edit on 13-8-2020 by LookingAtMars because: wall

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: underwerks

The Senate has decided to Middle-Finger the Democrats and say see ya later !!

Screw the American people, am I right?

It’s not like anyone expects them to work for their constituents.

Yeah, curious why the Dems would play hard ball like they have when American People are financially hurting this much. Seems to be very much against their oft-stated principles of being for the "little guy." Oh well, this will have ramifications in November when voters remember it was the Dems refusal to budge from packing a bill with pork spending that prevented Americans from seeing relief.

They left because the orange clown had already handled things with his executive orders. REMEMBER?? Stupid has it under control.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The devastation to the health and the economy of our nation from lack of action in Congress will not be good for Trump. It should be in his best interest to pass large amounts of legislative aid during an election year, not impede its progress.

But I think Trump gave up on winning an honest election and is now planning on cheating.

Democrats could have compromised a bit more. Same with Republicans. I think it looks bad on Congress as a whole not to be able to pass legislation on this issue.
edit on 13pmThu, 13 Aug 2020 19:12:47 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Oh boo hoo
People will be hurting!

Yeah, they will.

How do otherwise rational ppl not see this? The dems are trying to use the situation to push thier leftist agenda.

Two baseball teams show up at the stadium.

One team starts tossing around a football (pig skin (pork)).

The other team has showed up to play baseball and they see that it isn’t going to happen so they go home.

Whose at fault? Who caused the baseball game to be canceled? Who ripped off the paying fans?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

But I think Trump gave up on winning an honest election and is now planning on cheating.

yep.

he plans on strong arming folks at the booth.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Oh boo hoo
People will be hurting!

Yeah, they will.

The other team has showed up to play baseball and they see that it isn’t going to happen so they go home.

Whose at fault? Who caused the baseball game to be canceled? Who ripped off the paying fans?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hoss53

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: underwerks

The Senate has decided to Middle-Finger the Democrats and say see ya later !!

Screw the American people, am I right?

It’s not like anyone expects them to work for their constituents.

Yeah, curious why the Dems would play hard ball like they have when American People are financially hurting this much. Seems to be very much against their oft-stated principles of being for the "little guy." Oh well, this will have ramifications in November when voters remember it was the Dems refusal to budge from packing a bill with pork spending that prevented Americans from seeing relief.

They left because the orange clown had already handled things with his executive orders. REMEMBER?? Stupid has it under control.

SoOo...

Democrats try to pass a bill that will directly influence the election in their favor and screw over the American people at the same time.

Republicans managed this time to not negotiate with economic terrorists.

Trump sees the problem and fixes it.

And you think he is stupid for doing that.

November is SO going to suck for the 24% of America that doesn't understand that and quite frankly doesn't care because Orange Man Bad.

See you there!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Nope , not gonna let Fancy Nancy get Her Greedy Little Hands on a Cool TRILLION for Her Failed Democrat Lackies in those
Poorly Run Blue States .

From Her Mouth to Gods Ears .........

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Oh boo hoo
People will be hurting!

Yeah, they will.

I have to admit it was a bit simplistic but c’mon man!!

Star for your comeback though, never saw that one before.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

No, you pretty much nailed it.
The democrats were not going to cooperate.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The devastation to the health and the economy of our nation from lack of action in Congress will not be good for Trump. It should be in his best interest to pass large amounts of legislative aid during an election year, not impede its progress.
What a ridiculous notion and yes, Trump and Congress have passed legislation, what we have here is a smaller and much more targeted package.
You know damn well that Trump is not only open to another stimulis, but ready to sign off on one.
It's the Democrats politicizing the relief package, thereby holding hostage of needed aid for their families, you're away of the social media backlash Pelosis recieved?
So it's a bit disingenuous and ignorant to say he is impeding a soley congressional issue, hence why he had to use EO for some small immediete relief due to Congressional inaction and stalling.

Well you "Think" is your opinion and many beg to differ. He has had winning solutions and the only hit he has is the chinese coronovirus, which isn't his fault, but his actions saved many lives.

Democrats could have compromised a bit more. Same with Republicans. I think it looks bad on Congress as a whole not to be able to pass legislation on this issue.
They why blame Trump in the first paragraph? Congress in general have the lowest approval rating of any federal and Gov institution.

He are the facts, Trump is willing and ready to sign a package, but WITHOUT PORK.

The Democrats wants gurantees that the Administration aren't willing to fmgive

The Senate leaving is on McConnell and he has his reasons if the House negotiations will continue to stall, so whos fault is it really? Stalled negotiations or the Senate leaving with nothing to vote and pass on?

Anyway you slice it, Trump did his part, plus EO and openess, Dems own this.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff
It was a good analogy, I think it just went over his head.

Amazes me how all the respondents here who think Trump or the Senate is at fault for this mess, completely fail at even trying to rationalize their reasoning. Just more "Trump bad" and then away they go.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Oh boo hoo
People will be hurting!

Yeah, they will.

Quoted for a really good analogy.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

You alright, man? You seem... concerned.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: underwerks

Not taking a # deal is working for for their constituents.

Due to expiration of the federal unemployment benefits, everyone who is unemployed saw a 60 to 80% reduction in their unemployment checks on July 25th.

The number of angry unemployed people contacting their congressmen and senators is escalating rapidly!

The additional three or four hundred dollars that President Trump signed an executive order for last Saturday, will kick in in about 2 weeks and be retroactive to August 1st.

You know what? # em' .

I been busting my ass welding in 80-90 heat every #in day without an extra 600 in my goddamn paycheck.

They can # right off.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

a reply to: Bluntone22

a reply to: Lumenari

I think they understand. Sometimes the deer in the headlights look is all they can muster as a reply.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join