It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden want to FORCE you to wear a mask.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I was waiting for you. Yes, we should all wear masks. But, we should not be forced to wear masks.
This is non-douchebaggery 101. keep up.

Here I am! I'm happy you agree that masks are necessary. In an ideal world, we should not be forced to do anything. But people do bad things, and inconsiderate things, and just ignorant things.

Your argument can be used for any law at all, and thus is meaningless in this discussion. We shouldn't kill but we shouldn't be forced not to kill. We should stop at a red light but we shouldn't be forced to!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Where do you draw the line? What happens when we shouldn't go out unless we really, really have to? Who gets to decide who is legal and who isn't? Should we build a new government watch dog group to be the COVID Police? Perhaps a shoot on sight order would be prudent. You know, to save lives and all.

ETA: And Hi! Hope you are good.
edit on 13-8-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: network dude

Ya and then try walking around in pissy pants all day.

Let me know how your skin holds up.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
We're being conditioned and frightened into obeying whatever the "experts" say.

Like I said at the begining of all of this, if we keep calm, don't panic, fight "government solutions", we'd weather this.

But people are weak. Too ready to believe and trust anyone in a suit on television.

It's a damned shame that we've turned into a nation of pansies.
edit on 13-8-2020 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is a lot of what Biden wants to "force", and this follows what he did as VP with Obama's ideology too. Remember when Obama said he would love to see gas go as high a 10 bucks a gallon to "force" people to change? Change or starve, change or go to jail, change or your life will end as you know it.

Biden is going to be a great change maker!!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Those are excellent questions, and I don't know the answers. I have no idea what should happen, besides people striving to become more conscious and caring towards each other. I see not wearing a mask in public as the opposite of that, and this is why I react so strongly.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth

Those are excellent questions, and I don't know the answers. I have no idea what should happen, besides people striving to become more conscious and caring towards each other. I see not wearing a mask in public as the opposite of that, and this is why I react so strongly.

This is why we all need to start listening instead of just talking at each other. Same goals, different paths. We can figure it out, just have to put the ego in a box.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If masks are so effective. . . . .

Why weren't we wearing them during flu season when there @60,000 deaths a year?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This is why we all need to start listening instead of just talking at each other. Same goals, different paths. We can figure it out, just have to put the ego in a box.

I agree. I often lament how polarized our country has become, only to realize that I have taken part in the kind of reactionary behavior that creates the problem. I'm glad we could find some common ground.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

that's not enough bodies. Plus it's not a specific enough demographic. The old geezers who make the rules are the one's who get dead because of this, so you can expect that group to be a bit harsh on the rules. peepa needs to stay home and order his groceries delivered. Then it's a win, win.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

me as well, and I am just as guilty. But eventually, we are all going to have to put on our big boy pants and make some hard choices. Anything worth having is worth working for.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The research shows that if there was a mask mandate, it would reduce the transmission of the virus around 50%. In fact, a mask mandate should be of interest to you guys because it is one thing that makes open up the economy easier.

Yes, some people would refuse to wear a mask. But the percentage that would wear masks would go up.

I think it is silly that conservatives are crying and throwing a fit over wearing a mask, but you all lost the war already decades ago with seatbelts.

Do I think conservatives would throw a fit and even start a civil war over wearing a mask? Yes.

But that's not just me... thought experiments from the 90's explored the idea that the next civil war would erupt in the United States during a pandemic when the government made mask mandates and enforced lockdowns and the southern states and stuff didn't like it.

I think if Hillary was president right now, she might be having a rough time taking that route.
edit on 13pmThu, 13 Aug 2020 19:01:55 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

"But mah freedom! Down with Tyrrany!"

"My body, my choice." Or some other hypocritical nonsense to justify sticking it to the man.
edit on 13-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I find it interesting that conservatives are willing to sacrifice their own health and the health and lives of those in their community to feed their ego and not wear a mask.

But it seems to be a real phenomenon.

I think if I were President, I would release strict recommendations for governors based on science and then let them do their own thing. I might explain to them that by not following the recommendations, they would be hurting themselves. But then I would let the different states handle things their own way and maybe even use the data to show how Republican states were more incompetent than Democrat ones.
edit on 13pmThu, 13 Aug 2020 19:07:32 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I'd hate to see if Trump had the upper hand here and made a mask mandate early on. It would be the left screaming like beat bitches about not wearing a "Trump mask". LOL, and the priceless part is, you just aren't capable of understand that, due to your blind hatred of anything Trump.

If he mandates that you all wear masks, will you follow it? Or will the military have to remove you from your home? jack boots enforcing the mask mandate. Perhaps ICE and INS could open up a new branch.

Screech on sister. You make me smile.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I just got hooked up with a new mask

I think I like it.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

Good, we should all be wearing masks. It would save lives, and let things return to normal sooner.

Why is this such a big deal? Is it tyranny to you that we are forced to wear a small garment which saves lives? Is it also tyranny to you that most places we are forced to wear clothes?

All laws can be seen as tyranny. The issue is where to draw the line. Saving a large number of lives should, in any sane country, be firmly on the right side of that line.

D

The tyranny is this: Joe said everyone would be forced to wear a mask outdoors.

When I weed my garden, there is no one in the yard, the sidewalk is 20 feet away. The closest someone will get to me is 20 feet. Joe would have me fined or arrested for weeding my flower garden and not wearing a mask.

When I go for a walk in my neighborhood, first there aren't more than 4-5 people I normally encounter in 30-45 minutes. Then one of us will cross the street, staying at least 10-12 or more feet apart. Joe would have me fined or arrested for going for a walk when I normally encounter no one closer than 12 feet to me.

How about rural areas where there is literally no one for miles around except your immediate family. Will farmers with the closest person a mile or more away be fined or jailed for not wearing a mask.

How about areas in the country where there is no virus. They do exist you know. Let's arrest everyone who doesn't wear a mask where the virus doesn't exist.

The country is way to large to be considered monolithic, however it seems the Democrats think we all live in NY city and are setting policies as if the rural farmer takes the subway everyday and my yard is as full as a subway train.

That is what is wrong with this mandatory everyone in the nation must wear a mask if outdoors. There are plenty of places in the US where forcing everyone to wear a mask whenever outdoors makes zero sense at all and saves zero lives.

I am ok with wearing a mask and even ok with mandatory mask wearing INSIDE every store, every public building, every business, every grocery store. Even in restaurants when not eating, and plastic barriers between restaurant tables, or plastic bubbles for all INDOOR restaurant tables.
That makes sense and saves lives. Me being forced or else to wear a mask gardening alone or a farmer in the field alone, makes zero sense and
Don't be an idiot, know one is going to make you wear a mask while gardening. However , I had surgery back in March for a thymic mass. Just finished radiation therapy, so my immune system is still compromised. If I were to venture out and someone refused to wear a mask around me, I would be justified in shooting them. After all they are threatening my life.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

This is all confusing and I sure as hell don't have the answers. But if we don't start to open up the economy and schools, we risk a lot more than a few of us getting sick again.

I'm sorry brother I have to say this but for you I'll say it in the
most amicable way I can. What you see as being "Risked".
I see as soft targets. And I guess what you see as an attack by a
virus that we need to defend against. I see as a carefully planned
attack on our freedom and even worse our children's freedom.

Now if you're like me that absolutely terrifies you. It's the worst
your ears could hear. It hurts damn right it does. But it's up to us
to face the facts for their sake. And I mean right here and now..
You've been around here and posted far to long not recognize what
you're seeing right now. This is so perfectly planned that the goal
could only be something horrific. No my good man you can bet all
your money we are going down this dark road all the way. There
isn't gonna be a way back to what we once had. Cause we've already
kissed it all good bye. Where we blew it was by believing they were
stupid. when that was just an act.

I've known something like this was coming since 74 -75 Now it's here
And I'm no more ready for it now than I was then. The only advantage
I have by that knowledge is over you. I recognize it and you don't, that's
about it. But I'm telling you straight up. You got a lot more to get
ready for than some low death count wanna be a pandemic virus hunting
you down. We all do because the number one purpose in a mans life is to
protect his family to the death. American men have lost sight of that.

Mark my words.
edit on 13-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Biden calls for states to MANDATE masks for the next 3 months.

So, what are you complaining about?...you're already wearing a mask!!

And your little authoritarian ass didn't disappoint either. We all should wear a mask. If you mandate it, you might get some Karen's self policing and turning folks in for not wearing theirs. Is that what you want? I bet it is. Is your name Karen?

No, you are just being political, and muttering grandiose about freedom, and ignore reality.

Trump himself, in his unique contradictory way has said people should wear masks, he said that maybe a couple of days after he said that some?? are wearing masks just to show their disapproval of him, he has mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask, yet Trump himself has worn a mask, and at least one time not a discretionary action by him, but was requested to do so.

I don't like masks so much, you obviously do..
.like are you trying to say that COVID-19 is a load of bull? or what? if there is a mad-dog virus circulating round...and people dying, do you want be one the to say,"Yeah man the virus is all made up, I heard it on the grapevine" I guess not.
So where do you wanna be? talking about, 'freedom to choose'...no just freedom I think you said.

All, you ever do is to play on fear, it's the other shade of America who is the villain, not yer man, when all the while this COVID thing is ongoing, of which the Donald has not a clue, even refuses to recognise it! at one time, then says, it will get worse before it gets better..wtf!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Biden calls for states to MANDATE masks for the next 3 months.

So, what are you complaining about?...you're already wearing a mask!!

And your little authoritarian ass didn't disappoint either. We all should wear a mask. If you mandate it, you might get some Karen's self policing and turning folks in for not wearing theirs. Is that what you want? I bet it is. Is your name Karen?

No, you are just being political, and muttering grandiose about freedom, and ignore reality.

Trump himself, in his unique contradictory way has said people should wear masks, he said that maybe a couple of days after he said that some?? are wearing masks just to show their disapproval of him, he has mocked Joe Biden for wearing a mask, yet Trump himself has worn a mask, and at least one time not a discretionary action by him, but was requested to do so.

I don't like masks so much, you obviously do..
.like are you trying to say that COVID-19 is a load of bull? or what? if there is a mad-dog virus circulating round...and people dying, do you want be one the to say,"Yeah man the virus is all made up, I heard it on the grapevine" I guess not.
So where do you wanna be? talking about, 'freedom to choose'...no just freedom I think you said.

All, you ever do is to play on fear, it's the other shade of America who is the villain, not yer man, when all the while this COVID thing is ongoing, of which the Donald has not a clue, even refuses to recognise it! at one time, then says, it will get worse before it gets better..wtf!

If you don't understand the difference between a mask MANDATE and a suggestion, I sure as hell can't do anything to help you. Stay indoors, keep your windows closed. Keep memaw safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join