It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Covid outbreak and shutdown - part deaux

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You measure success in the amount if behavioral changes are created through fear.

I measure success on the ability to push through without behavioral changes.

We arent the same.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You measure success in the amount if behavioral changes are created through fear.

We arent the same.

Is that just the conservative v liberal argument?

One measures success on change and one measures success on the lack of change.

I may have misread, but if that's the case you are just different sides of the same coin.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

It was virus free, except for returning people from overseas, the logic is that unless it blew over from Australia some one in a quarantine facility must have given it to someone to spread. Security originally was pretty voluntary, but its a lot tighter now.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

We arent the same.

What have I to fear?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

We arent the same.

Clearly.

You are expecting to get through it by doing nothing. How's that going?

We've done stuff, and it is working. We are measuring it by how few of us are affected.

We started to have cases of COVID-19 about the same time you guys did. Do you want to look at the figures?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So did they say that they got it from Frozen food and then Yahoo has China Says Frozen Chicken Wings from Brazil Test Positive for Virus

Alrighty! cheap frozen NZ lamb hitting the market - will we need to sterilise the outside, wear google, masks and protective suits when unwrapping - cooking til to charred on the outside.

Alternative end of frozen food markets - economic collapse anyone?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Project Zephyr is a go and NZ is in play, good luck, bet you wish you didn't give up those guns.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

We arent the same.

I may have misread, but if that's the case you are just different sides of the same coin.

But this is a virus. It has no idea of political ideology. Responding to it, as if it were political ideology related, isn't rational. Or effective.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Your country is shutting down over 4 confirmed cases.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

We arent the same.

But this is a virus. It has no idea of political ideology. Responding to it, as if it were political ideology related, isn't rational. Or effective.

I'm not saying it's rational.
I'm saying it's happening.

I'm curious if the Spanish flu had the same level of political bias.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

This is what they want to come to America.

AFTER they take our guns. Just like in NZ.

Wow.

Honestly, do you really believe that?

Why would 'they' want that?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Your country is shutting down over 4 confirmed cases.

Firstly, they are shutting down, to level 4 only for aged care facilities. In Auckland, where the cluster is primarily located, it is at level 3 until midnight tonight. The rest of New Zealand is at level 2 until midnight tonight.

On Tuesday, the first positive test came back from this cluster. That night the Prime minister announced the lockdown. On Wednesday, they announced four more positive test results. On Thursday, they announced a further 13 positive cases. And today, there have been another 13 new cases, so far.

They took action over one proven instance of community transmission. Rapid response. And the current restrictions either end or are extended tonight.

edit on 13/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The lockdown did not work the first time and it won't work a second or third and on and on.

Let's see how long until your economy crumbles.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

If you cant see the difference between an island, and say europe or the US or south america, welp I dont know what to tell you.

I see the difference. Modern travel and trade doesn't see much difference though. Being an island made little difference here (UK) or on Japan.

They had a perfect geographic set up.

On a mildly related note, I find it amusing the left isnt railing against new zealands (might of missed it) draconian border laws but they freak out if the US just trys to limit flights into the US>

Geography doesn't matter unless you block all movement with risk. Namely people, but seemingly food applies too.

I wouldn't call New Zealand's or Australia's border policies Draconian. They've got flaws but both nations have seen huge disasters from invasive species and diseases.... I figured that would be appreciated around here tbh.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The lockdown did not work the first time and it won't work a second or third and on and on.

Did you have a trip to NZ planned or something?

I genuinely can't understand why you'd be bitter that they've managed the virus extremely well or why you'd wish ill on them for the future.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The lockdown did work, we had 102 days without a single new infection.

If the virus hadn't been 'on ice' in the cold stores, we'd probably have gone even longer before we had a case.

Did you think it would just go away? That's a fairly crazy thing to believe.

And does your economy crumble over a long weekend? Neither will ours.

edit on 14/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I never wished Ill on anyone, he is always giving American members on ATS crap so what's good for the goose.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I never wished Ill on anyone, he is always giving American members on ATS crap so what's good for the goose.

Ah, I love lots about America. Really!

Jazz, the Blues, TV comics, movies, even the political system, and what Constitution set out to achieve. So many good things. But that is tempered with a few bad ones.

Have you considered that I was perhaps responding to posts by Americans that say "die, foreigner, die, we are the greatest", or something similar?

A bit like the way your post, a few posts back, could be interpreted? LOL.

edit on 14/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I live on an island (Oahu), a rather small but crowded one.

Our "lockdown" was quite effective. However people got stupid at the first opportunity. Perhaps the early success provided a sense of false security. With what I saw people doing beginning around the 4th of July, what's happening here now is no surprise. Though there are scofflaws who visit (we cannot prevent them from coming from the mainland) and ignore the isolation requirements, they are not the ones to blame.

The "lockdown" ended. That did not mean the disease was gone. That did not mean it's ok to have parties. That did not mean it's ok to go maskless. Avoiding crowds and wearing a mask works. When people don't do that, well, that's why we can't have nice things.

Our hospital capacity is very limited. Things are not looking good and it happened fast. I expect we will have another "lockdown."

edit on 8/14/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Now you are just lying but I expect that from you.

Don't get sick, I hear that your government is putting the sick in camp quarantine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join