It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Covid outbreak and shutdown - part deaux

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
New cases, new shutdown

This is exactly what the rest of the world wants to avoid - a radical shutdown to try to stop a virus from spreading. The bragging that was being done by NZ'rs here was a bit premature in my opinion and interestingly enough, my son and I were discussing this very thing the night before the news broke. He suggested we should have done a full lockdown like NZ did. My response was that when they have another outbreak, they will do another total shutdown. The next morning it happened. So far just in the one city, but how much further will it spread before they realize it cannot be stopped, only slowed down?

New Zealand's outbreak is a dramatic turn of events for the country, which was heralded as a world leader in how it handled the outbreak. For months, life was largely back to normal, and the country went 102 days without a locally acquired case.

But on Tuesday, New Zealand reported that a family of four in Auckland had been infected with coronavirus, despite having no history of overseas travel and no connection with any known cases. That prompted Ardern to reintroduce coronavirus restrictions, including shutting off access to retirement homes, imposing the Auckland lockdown, and limiting gatherings around the country to no more than 100 people.

So the sneaky virus came out of nowhere and infected a family that hadn't traveled out of the country. Hm.
edit on 13-8-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

You lost me at CNN.
I don't get why anyone takes them seriously.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Come on, all due respect that's just lazy.

ScienceMag

Newsweek

Reuters

There are many more if you did a quick search.

If I had posted a link from Fox the other side would have said the same thing.
edit on 13-8-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe NZ has had fewer than 20 new cases for the month of August. Am I missing something?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

When you advertise to the world that you've dodged a bullet and claim to be in control then those who truly for the most part who are in control and have an agenda are bound to target you in order to get you of your high horse.

The outbreak which seems to have stemmed from a frozen consignment of food could easily of been deliberately sent to make such statements by NZ officials obsolete.
NZ i believe had 102 days without a single case with permanently closed for the foreseeable future borders so their claims it was community transmission is nonsense.

After all this is and will in time be proven to be a pre-emptive weapon and quite possibly the catalyst of serious conflict.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManSizedSquirrel
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe NZ has had fewer than 20 new cases for the month of August. Am I missing something?

So far, but they went for 102 days without an infection which is what everyone was raving over. Another site suggested it's been spreading in Auckland potentially for weeks without being noticed.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

When you advertise to the world that you've dodged a bullet and claim to be in control then those who truly for the most part who are in control and have an agenda are bound to target you in order to get you of your high horse.

The outbreak which seems to have stemmed from a frozen consignment of food could easily of been deliberately sent to make such statements by NZ officials obsolete.
NZ i believe had 102 days without a single case with permanently closed for the foreseeable future borders so their claims it was community transmission is nonsense.

After all this is and will in time be proven to be a pre-emptive weapon and quite possibly the catalyst of serious conflict.

You're suggesting higher powers than the leader of the country is targeting them directly for being over-confident? Well, you're on the right site for that at least.

Could it have been just a virus that was passing from person to person with few or no symptoms and found a family that wasn't as immune to it as others? Nah, that would just be common sense and we can't have that.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

So far, but they went for 102 days without an infection which is what everyone was raving over. Another site suggested it's been spreading in Auckland potentially for weeks without being noticed.

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that it sounds a little crazy to start talking about lockdowns with these types of numbers.
edit on 13-8-2020 by ManSizedSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that it sounds a little crazy to start talking about lockdowns with these types of numbers. Either way, I hope you stay safe and healthy.

Exactly, and most of us agree with you. An extreme lockdown like that is dumb, we see the economic damage it has caused in states like Michigan. A targeted lockdown would have been far more effective in my opinion. But I'm not running the show so my opinion doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that it sounds a little crazy to start talking about lockdowns with these types of numbers. Either way, I hope you stay safe and healthy.

Exactly, and most of us agree with you. An extreme lockdown like that is dumb, we see the economic damage it has caused in states like Michigan. A targeted lockdown would have been far more effective in my opinion. But I'm not running the show so my opinion doesn't matter.

I'm in Michigan too so I am witnessing the damage. My father in law will not be able to reopen his business that took him decades to build.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   

You're suggesting higher powers than the leader of the country is targeting them directly for being over-confident? Well, you're on the right site for that at least.

Could it have been just a virus that was passing from person to person with few or no symptoms and found a family that wasn't as immune to it as others? Nah, that would just be common sense and we can't have that.

Seen as your attitude is borderline a personal attack for having a alternate theory then here's a little home truth for you.

You have alot to learn about human nature.

And

You are correct about one thing- this is a conspiracy site end of day, first and foremost.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Seen as your attitude is borderline a personal attack for having a alternate theory then here's a little home truth for you.

You have alot to learn about human nature.

And

You are correct about one thing- this is a conspiracy site end of day, first and foremost.

If you feel attacked by that maybe you need to look at your way of thinking? Not everything is a personal attack unless you let it be. I was partly asking you to clarify your statement, not attacking you. If you believe the virus can't infect without symptoms there are a lot of people here that have had it that would disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Oh okay, I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that it sounds a little crazy to start talking about lockdowns with these types of numbers.

I think the NZ PM was using word salad to come up with 102 days, every week I’ve noticed 1 or 2 cases showing on worldometer. She is saying ether linked or unlinked cases, most likely she said 102 days since an unlinked case. Females only tell white lies lol

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Aw crap....
Are they shutting down the lotr movie sets?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
People need to understand that ZERO, NADA, NONE, NO METRIC exist in determination of casual Coronovirus actions.

A novel virus is NEW to us and by extension, it's very nature. We have similar Coronovirus that we can speculate and draw upon, but each virus presents its own challenges.

These things take YEARS to asses and fully determine, after a series of events have ensued, onset of Virus, handling of Virus and response, R&D on Vaccinations, its time, lenght and deployment, economic consequences, only then can we look back at the data and see the real picture of who did what and their results.

This is why when users spout ridiculous nonsense like, "Trumps handling of the Virus has been bad" I laugh at them and any educated person would as well. Nevermind the fact that things like this start at the local and state before Trump, who's already taking action Nationally, as per Federal institutions mandate on taking action to preven national catastrophe such as virulent pandemics.

Point is, nobody should be claiming any absolute victory, Trump hasn't and he likes to boast. What he is boasting about is Vaccine updates and testing. He's literally giving an update a week and daily online as well.

If there was a Metric, his responsiveness has been incredible and his handling amazing as it's transparent and for all to see, that's not including several companies working on Vaccines and almost done. I won't take it, but if it makes the people happy and brings them closure, sure why not.

My advice to Media, in general everywhere, focus on Coronovirus updates and actual REAL cases and potential cures, don't herald or praise any Country, as each one applauded as had spikes in cases. Meanwhile, the US had it's lockdowns, is now open and living with the Coronovirus as we embrace new social standards and keep the economy ticking slowly upward.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
globalnews.ca...

New Zealand announced on Thursday that there were 13 new cases in the community, and one overseas arrival who was in quarantine, bringing the total number of active cases to 36.

Sneaky virus....

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

I would like to believe that ATS had an early handle on this and we can draw upon predictions, like NORMAL human beings, we come across more information and realize that drastic steps may be needed.

No one believed a pandemic would hit us and we can compile a compilation of many people who "Changed their tune" inregards to Covid. That goes for Trump and rightfully so, he is the POTUS and his actions help us.

Once again, NOVEL virus was something people hadn't really considered and now we're here re writing SOP.

This very thread is a result of "Changing their tune" because NZ was heralded as some blueprint to draw upon, laughble.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

NZ is globalist/cabal central.

I don't believe ANYTHING that comes from NZ authorities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join