It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force helicopter shot on training flight

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
An Air Force helicopter belonging to the 1st Helicopter Squadron at Andrews AFB was on a training flight near Manassas, Virginia was struck by a bullet. They made an emergency landing at the Manassas Airport, where one crew member was taken to the hospital with a minor injury to his hand. He was treated and released.

The FBI and Office of Special Investigations is looking into the incident and are asking for help from the public.

www.airforcetimes.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Seriously bad. I hope they catch the psycho who fired on the helicopter.

Zaph, question for you. I read the helo was a UH-1. I was mildly surprised the USAF is still flying those, are they due to be replaced ?

Cheers
edit on 13-8-2020 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

The missile field UH-1s are scheduled to be replaced by the MH-139 Grey Wolf. The 1st HS aircraft may be included in that. It's usually reported as "Air Force UH-1Ns" but the comments about the program always come through Global Strike Command, so it's not clear.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
i imagine its pretty easy to identify the area they were flying in when they were shot at. is their FLIR on a UH-1? if it was a minor injury id have tried for a quick look around. hopefully they find the bastard

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   
i heard they were 1000 feet up....who would shoot at heli with a rifle idk

sure its hunting season but....

edit on 13-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
A american in america try's to shoot
down a army helicopter and no one care! ?

thats how complacent you have all become.
citys are burning. looters steel burn rape and kill.
and Nothing is done about it.

What the h$&* are you wating for?
Superman ?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

The VIP configured aircraft don't as far as I know. They didn't used to anyway. But they know the area it happened, so that will help.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Enemies of our country. These Marxists groups are essentially now getting some money from china by way of their paid politicians passing some crazy funding measures. They are trying to hijack cities across America and the easy money is making it simple for them to recruit disloyal citizens utilizing the civil unrest as a catalyst.

Had to be at least a .308 right?? That pretty much in the realm of any working person in the USA. Let alone Marxists recruited street gangs dragging some colonial era chip on their shoulder as a shield for their illicit livelihoods .

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha

By what possible metric do you figure that 'no one' cares?

I don't think that's a fair assessment, there's not many US folk on these boards that come across as complacent, in my mind, most normal people are p**sed.

citys are burning. looters steel burn rape and kill. and Nothing is done about it.

You can blame bent politicians for that.

What the h$&* are you wating for? Superman ?

I'd say that well-behaved and well-meaning Patriots are simply waiting for the green light.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:04 AM
link   

citys are burning. looters steel burn rape and kill.
and Nothing is done about it.

What the h$&* are you wating for?
Superman ?

They actually called in an airstrike and a few F-4s laid down nape and snake on 100 square acres of Appalachia territory just to be sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I just woke up and was eating a peach and nearly choked when they mentioned this incident on the local news.
Why in the hell would some punk do that?
I really hope they find this individual soon. That is really messed up man.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I heard about this on the news. Wonder what alt they were at when struck. Seems like the forensics of establishing where the round traveled from would be extremely challenging, but what do I know. Hopefully someone nearby & on the ground has some leads to provide investigators.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's definitely not going to be a slam dunk investigation, but knowing where they were when it was hit, and having the angle of the bullet at impact, there's a possibility of figuring it out. Lots of computing power will help.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Civil War 2.0

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Civil war ??? One person make a war NOT .
they will find the guy and that dude will be put under the prison .
But yea its shocking .

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
There isn't anything equivalent to a HARM missile to automatically locate where the shots are coming from and take it out with a bullet or missile?

Considering most Urban areas are indeed a warzone it makes you wonder why they fly without armament capable of neutralizing any threat to the aircraft

Military base security is armed so why aren't these military properties equally defended?

A missile strike would've been the right answer to shots fired

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

The VIP birds don't have any armaments. They removed the positions for them to add seats and equipment for VIP transport.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Then nuked it from orbit...

Just to be sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha

Seriously, what were they supposed to do??

In order to do anything, they have to find the guy/gal responsible first. That takes a bit of time, in this case, probably a lot of time...unless the perp is completely stupid.

Hmmm... Given that they shot at a helicopter--allegedly--brains might be lacking--just a tadbit. Of course, it could have been an accident, too.

That's why it's called an investigation.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If incidents like this start increasing, I might be a bit worried.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join