It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“. . . All Enemies, Foreign and Domestic”: An Open Letter to Gen. Milley

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Arnie123
ah yes, the smell of OP getting eviscerated in the morning.

ATS is an incredible GEM, the OP should be grateful that they are learning, in real time, on biases sources.

Users have pointed out the Liberal media organizations to drive a perspective, politically to harm.
The authors ultimate point in their opinion piece.
How Users provide a short dossier on the Generals, each one a lacky to Obama and Globalist.
That not everything you see, hear and read on public media is not at all what it seems.

Don't get me wrong, there was a time, not long ago, about 15 to 20 years ago, most news simply reported and hyper politics weren't a thing. Nowadays, with the politicization of Media organizations, we can't have real discussions because what is suppose to be biased free and Informative information isn't biased free or informative, rather, hyper political personal opinions pushed as some official response to Trumpian actions.

...and the OP wonders why it recieves the response it gets.

The best we can do is break down the source and determine intent, then we can have valid discussions once you wipe away the BS, get straight to the point.

Trump said that he might not accept the result of the vote on Fox News. It was echoed around the world by multiple news services.

Yah, so where exactly does he say he will not leave the White House if it is determined that he has legitimately lost the election?

It was a fairly direct and specific question, repeated, and it was clear that although Trump didn't say what he was going to do, he did indicate an attitude he had.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Who wrote this?

Where did they get the number 300,000 from?

Trump is raising a private army? Who? The q's? lol

Is this real?
edit on 13-8-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Who wrote this?

According to the article footer, it was signed by John Nagl (a retired Army officer and veteran of both Iraq wars, and Head of School at The Haverford School outside Philadelphia) and Paul Yingling (a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel, who served three tours in Iraq, another in Bosnia, and a fifth in Operation Desert Storm).

Where did they get the number 300,000 from?

The 300,000 number comes from a report from the University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, released on Thursday, August 6, 2020:

300,000 Deaths By December? 9 Takeaways From The Newest COVID-19 Projections - NPR

Trump is raising a private army? Who? The q's? lol

That statement seems to relate to this:

The President’s Private Army - President Trump’s deployment of militarized homeland security agents to Portland violates the fundamental principle behind the Posse Comitatus Act. - The Brennan Center for Justice

Is this real?

I believe the letter to be real, the web page is.

However, the issues raised are propagandist and arguable.

That is why I thought it topical to post here, for the sake of debate.

edit on 13/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

breathless hyperbolic nonsense.

what on earth makes anyone think Trump would ignore an election? Because CNN keeps spouting about it?

breathless hyperbolic nonsense. If my point was not made.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

RE: the article you link....is DHS a military organization? Or are they police officers at a federal level? To say its problematic vis a vis the Posse Commitatus act is, again, breathless hyperbolic nonsense.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

RE: the article you link....is DHS a military organization? Or are they police officers at a federal level? To say its problematic vis a vis the Posse Commitatus act is, again, breathless hyperbolic nonsense.

That is a good question! Are DHS military, or are they police, or what? A Federal militia, perhaps, to counter the state and private ones?

Surely the military already existed, as did the FBI, and the militias. What then is the point of creating another agency to do the same job as existing officially sanctioned and Constitutionally compliant agencies?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What would actually happen if Trump for whatever reason loses the election and then refuses to leave office, is he gets frogmarched out of the White House by the Secret Service.

Probably arrested as well. And with good cause.

I'm sure you'd love to see America in flames but there will probably not be a civil war in America if Trump loses the election. Or wins it for that matter.
edit on 1382020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hahahah

What a couple of marys roll

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

what on earth makes anyone think Trump would ignore an election? Because CNN keeps spouting about it?

It was on Fox News.

Trump doubles down, warns November will bring 'greatest election disaster in history' - Fox News

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
What would actually happen if Trump for whatever reason loses the election and then refuses to leave office, is he gets frogmarched out of the White House by the Secret Service.

I'm sure you'd love to see America in flames but there will probably not be a civil war in America if Trump loses the election. Or wins it for that matter.

I don't think the Secret Service has the authority to do that.

I'm not sure that there are any that have that authority. The Constitution does not cover that contingency.

Perhaps they could impeach him again and remove him from office that way? That would take ages and also not necessarily be effective for the same reasons as the last couple of impeachments haven't.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Thats nothing about trump refusing to leave. Its about mail in ballots takimg forever to count.

Youre supporting my point here.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It was a rhetorical question. Im no friend of DHS and would rather it be disbanded entirely. But its law enforcement. By definition and by action, 100% law enforcement.

The point was 911. DHS was created in response to that by Bush.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It was on Fox News.

Trump doubles down, warns November will bring 'greatest election disaster in history' - Fox News

I've read that link 3 times and do not see anywhere that President Trump suggests he wouldn't abide by the results of the election. Can you possible elucidate where you feel the FOX article suggests as much? Balls in your court right now, try to keep it from hitting the steaming pile you left when you tried to turn legitimate concerns over mail-in voter fraud with a candidate refusing to leave the White House.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Thats nothing about trump refusing to leave. Its about mail in ballots takimg forever to count.

Youre supporting my point here.

Apologies, I must have gotten the wrong link.

Try this one, it's in the last paragraph:

Trump pushes back against critics on coronavirus, addresses whether he will accept election results in exclusive interview - Fox News

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It was on Fox News.

I've read that link 3 times and do not see anywhere that President Trump suggests he wouldn't abide by the results of the election. Can you possible elucidate where you feel the FOX article suggests as much? Balls in your court right now, try to keep it from hitting the steaming pile you left when you tried to turn legitimate concerns over mail-in voter fraud with a candidate refusing to leave the White House.

My bad. It was the wrong link and I can no longer edit my post. Here's the correct one. It's in the last paragraph:

Trump pushes back against critics on coronavirus, addresses whether he will accept election results in exclusive interview - Fox News

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Asked about the possibility of losing, however, Trump noted that he does not handle losing well, and may not handle it well if it happens in November.

“I’m not a good loser. I don’t like to lose,” he said. “I don’t lose too often. I don’t like to lose.”

When asked if he is gracious, Trump said, "You don’t know until you see. It depends.” He then claimed that mail-in voting, which Democrats have pushed as a response to the coronavirus pandemic, “is going to rig the election.”

Asked if this means that he will not accept the election results, Trump said, “No. I have to see.”

Asked again if he would accept the results, Trump said, “No, I’m not going to just say yes. I’m not going to say no, and I didn’t last time either.”

I read that and, noting that the question that began all of this was whether he'd be "gracious" if defeated, see this reply in the more sane, less hyperbolic window of meaning that he may not graciously congratulate Biden or follow tradition and graciously concede. That wouldn't be unprecedented, as ALGore never conceded the election he lost, either. That said, I don't see any path forward by which President Trump will need to concede, short of outright fraud by the Democrats which will be discovered and prosecuted (legally which can also lead to a firing squad for insurrection), as he will be winning re-election in November.

It's 2016 all over again... media, polls, asshats on the web certain Trump will lose... election day will come, Trump will narrowly lose the popular vote, but strategically win the electoral vote and remain President of the United States.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh no sir, I am dead certain Trump is taking the popular vote as well this time 'round.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I don't think the Secret Service has the authority to do that.

I'm not sure that there are any that have that authority. The Constitution does not cover that contingency.

Perhaps they could impeach him again and remove him from office that way? That would take ages and also not necessarily be effective for the same reasons as the last couple of impeachments haven't.

Well perhaps not the Secret Service.

But lets say Donald Trump does in fact lose the election, and then acts like a fool because of it. Come Inauguration day the DC police can physically remove Mr Donald Trump, who no longer holds the office of President, from the White House on the grounds of trespassing on Federal property.

And that would pretty much be the end of it I reckon.

Personally I think however that Donald Trump will win and the only ones who refuse to accept it will be the same people as last time, and probably make even bigger fools of themselves.
edit on 1382020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

So he may contest the election. Al Gore did it too.

Trump isnt going to coup. Nor will his followers riot. Mostly because they have jobs to go to and families to raise, in stark contrast to his opponents followers.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
What’s it like having another country’s leader living in your head? That must be weird.
You know we had this same discussion in 2016 about Trump not accepting the results. Guess what? It wasn’t Trump that couldn’t accept the results.
You do know that Trump gets nothing out of being president, right? I guess you don’t, so let me break it down for you:
Trump is a billionaire. He doesn’t need to work ever again.
When his term is up in 2025 his life will only get better.

I think you will find that Trump gets significant advantages from being President.

One advantage is immunity from prosecution for most crimes.

The impeachment process was supposed to be the safety net against a corrupt high official, but the recent impeachment trial was aborted on partisan grounds, and so we have a precedent of Trump subverting due process specifically to remain in office.

There are cases against Trump that are pending his stepping down from office. I would imagine, for Trump, that is a significant reason to extend his term of office.

So you think he became President to escape the crime of becoming the president illegally?
I’m gonna have to generously say....unlikely

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join