It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your pick isn’t elected President....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The closest thing I have to a president in mind is Ben Shapiro.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not really. The closest would have been Ron Paul,

Thanks for the response. You probably just missed the haydays of Ron Paul on here between 2009 - 2012. I never liked him all that, have A LOT of disagreements with him, but the one thing did really get my tick on approval was his stance on foreign wars, intervention. He was fairly consistent on that sinse the getgo (Iraq war).

Rand Paul I've heard is a washed off version of him among libertarians.

My sense of Rand is that he really wants to move Reps back to their fiscally conservative ideals, but is just getting wearied. Heart is good, but no real support from anyone else.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: panoz77
I want a president exactly like Trump.

A corporate sellout?

...well you're in luck, that'll be the next 50 years of leaders at least.

Mate he is probably the closest thing we have ever had in the White house that is NOT a Corporate sellout .

He was a Billionaire going in to office he is his own corporation , He cannot be puppeted like the traditional politician hints why they hate him though that is not say he can't be puppeted because there are always methods to control people .

not a corporate sellout.
...he is the corporation in question.

Would you trust the best decisions are being made for the benefit of the nation if (possibly when) Mark Zuckerberg became president or do you think he would be using his power to ensure his company gets the edge.

Mark Zuckerberg is 34 years old , he has another entire life and then some to live before he is the age Trump is now.

Trump is 74 , he will be pushing 80 if he serves another term so yes I think there Priorities and Goals may be a little different.

Legacy

Indeed Legacy is his concern , how history will view him and even egotistical sociopathic billionaires would like a kind historical view of them it gives him some comfort in the twilight of his life.

Zuckerburg on the other hand he is just getting started the depths of his depravity have not even broken ground yet.

Not that type of legacy...I am talking about his kids and grandkids...making sure they are top of the food chain.
Every president wants a good personal legacy, but billionaires want to make sure their genetic line has the clear advantage for generations to come...and that focus mixed with power to change a nation can be very dangerous.

Maybe yes this is a possibility , but somehow I doubt it .

Becomeing and Being President is more of a personal pursuit wouldn't you think ? Being President has it's perks yes but it also has absolutely massive downsides so it is more of a selfless venture even if that was not your original intent .

Everyone in power takes advantage of said power , from a state congressman to the POTUS but I think Trump secured his Family Legacy long ago His children are grown with there own millions.

I would see his focus as more on His own personal legacy at this point.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I might not even vote for a president or vote 3rd party. I will vote for local state but neither Trump or Biden are good choices.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
I might not even vote for a president or vote 3rd party. I will vote for local state but neither Trump or Biden are good choices.

Voted 3rd party last 3 elections. This year libertarian and constitution party candidates are no good either. Will have to dig deeper, vote Trump, or do a write-in. Probably in that order...

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Bar any pharmaceutical corporation from doing business in the US if they attempt to sell any drug for a higher price than the lowest price they charge for it elsewhere in the world.

Reduce insurance corporations influence over doctors / treatment regimens.

Eliminate protections against liability for any vaccines considered "mandatory" for any undertaking (whether that be for s hool, certain jobs, etc.)

Treat corporations as one person for the purposes of "political campaign contributions." If the individual citizen limit is $2,200 or whatever, the corporate limit should be the same, not unlimited. Also, bar any corporations from donating to campaigns or PACs if any of their stock is owned by groups or individuals who are not US-based / US citizens.

2-term limits for both houses of Congress.

Congressional pension amd healthcare to operate like every other pension & healthcare. You contribute for 8 years or whatever it is, your pension is commensurate with that - not 100% of final earnings, with raises, for life, plus 100% free healthcare for life.

Legislation must be one topic per piece. If its about farm subsidies, "compromise" doesn't mean agreeing to one side's demands for farm subsidies as long as we add in a piece about tax breaks for importers of Chinese shoes. Compromise means the sides figure out how and what to implement regarding farm subsidies. Other things go into other bills.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes

I’m a registered Democrat and I last voted for Obama’s first term. That was the only time I ever voted as well.

Curios as to why didn't you vote the second term? Were you unhappy with him? or Did you just know he was going to win again regardless of what you did?

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I actually assume Biden is going to win even though I don't want him to. I don't know if I can be bothered as a NPA voter to vote against someone again. I only voted for Trump in the first place as a vote against the Clinton Cabal. They have moved my voting location to a much smaller location, we are a pretty big voting district, and I don't like crowds, so I may not even go.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

..." America as we know it is over. "

Really ? How do We Know it Now ?

It was a Question Limey . How is America as we Know it Now . ?

If Biden wins, America as we know it is over.

Don't misquote me please.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

As we know it now, you have a President that actually gives a sh!t about American values.

Come November you will likely have a regime (yes regime) that will sell you all out to private armies and nihilistic mobs until your country is destroyed.

Have fun with that...
edit on 1482020 by Wide-Eyes because: Autocorrect can suck my balls

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

As we know it now, you have a President that actually gives a sh!t about American values.

Come November you will likely have a regime (yes regime) that will sell you all out to private armies and nihilistic mobs until your country is destroyed.

Have fun with that...

On the plus side, the gulags will have clinics and we won't have large co-pays.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

" have a regime (yes regime) "

No , Regimes are Prohibited in our Democratic Republic . Ah , you must mean Canada.........

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
If Trump wins... Stop spending like a drunken sailor at your first port of call.

If Biden wins (here is the real pipe dream) stop destroying the constitution you prick, nearly 50 years in office and the entire time they have been shredding that document, at least trump is new to ignoring it... thats novel at least.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

" have a regime (yes regime) "

No , Regimes are Prohibited in our Democratic Republic . Ah , you must mean Canada.........

Nope, I mean it when I say regime.

You think that the Democrats' rage will end when they regain power?

Think again. They are going to double down and make sure that every Trump supporter repents their sins.

edit on 1482020 by Wide-Eyes because: A grammatical error.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Have fun with that...

On the plus side, the gulags will have clinics and we won't have large co-pays.

There's always a Silver Lining.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

" They are going to double down and make sure that every Trump supporter repents their sins. "

Yes , or Die in the Process.......

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join