It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland DA Declines To Prosecute Rioters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The Portland District Attorney has announced some of the rioters and unpeaceful protesters won't be prosecuted !!

More proof that Democrat officials are in kahootz with the organized rioting and looting !!

It's all part of the Democrat 2020 plan.

Even today with Joe Biden and Kamala's speeches, they failed to even mention the continuous rioting and looting !!

No questions were asked either. Hmmm. The MSM is in on it too !!

Oh well good luck with Democrats returning to the power grid !!

The top prosecutor for Portland, Oregon said he has no plans on using “the full force of the criminal justice system” against rioters arrested during the ongoing demonstrations in the city.

According to a statement by Multnomah County District Attorney Mike Schmidt, the new policy will promote a “safer community” and reduce “negative impacts” on a person arrested after a protest or mass demonstration.

The District Attorney’s Office will decline to prosecute cases involving interfering with peace officers, second-degree disorderly conduct, criminal trespassing, escape, harassment and even rioting unless the cases involve deliberate property damage, theft or the use of force against another person.

Portland, Ore. DA Declines To Prosecute Rioters As Residents Voice Concern For Demonstrations

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I remain unsurprised by what happens in Antifa City.

Portland is awash in communists. This isn't isolated to the drugged out, sexually confused, indoctrinated douche bags in the street.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The harm being done to the taxpayers is beyond measure.

If they think the repercussions won't last for years they're nuts.

There's no way I'd ever set foot in that city again. Why would I allow myself to be at a disadvantage to criminals that have no fear of justice? No thanks. I'll do my business elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Question - Are there ANY Citizens who Dwell in Portland Oregon that are NOT OK with that Edict ? If So , You are ALL LOST Now . If Some have the Courage to Speak Out Against it through their First Amendment Rights to do so , then NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL GOOD MEN TO COME TO THE AID OF THEIR CITY ...........

edit on 12-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Federal prosecutors are a thing.

I wonder if one could federalise police departments the same way they can the national guard....

Remove corrupt local officials from the equation entirely.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Shameless Cowards do Not Deserve to Hold a Public Title PERIOD .

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There was a lot of people arrested. they are deciding to just toss out the misdemeanor charges because otherwise it would choke up the court system for years, not to mention their normal workload.

If this was just a small gang that did this, I wouldn't understand, but the sheer numbers here means they need to prioritize the court system, so toss out the small time annoyances.
I do hope they sat in jail for a night or two at least.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX
The least they could do is fine the crap out of them and if need be dock their (or their parents in the case of minors) pay/welfare until the fines are paid off. That way it isn't the normal law abiding, tax-paying citizens that are having to pay all the costs of their damage. Also some community service.

However if any of the individuals were directly involved in the physical assault of others, they should damn well be charged and prosecuted -- no matter the inconvenience...
edit on 12/8/20 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Schmidt said his office will presumptively decline to prosecute those whose most serious accusation doesn’t involve deliberate property damage, theft or the use or threat of force against someone else.

oregon live article regarding arrests

this is reasonable

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm watching a live feed from Bend Oregon where criminals are blocking a ICE bus in a parking lot and not one cop to be seen.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

They have been holding these drivers hostage for over 10 hours, the owner of the lot called the police to have them removed but the cops refused.

Time to send in the feds.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko
The least they could do is fine the crap out of them and if need be dock their (or their parents in the case of minors) pay/welfare until the fines are paid off. That way it isn't the normal law abiding, tax-paying citizens that are having to pay all the costs of their damage. Also some community service.

However if any of the individuals were directly involved in the physical assault of others, they should damn well be charged and prosecuted -- no matter the inconvenience...

I agree with the fine. Charge them for the time they wasted the police manpower for maximum irony.
They are still persecuting any felonies

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Navieko

IF CAUGHT in the act.......

No court case needed.....immediate imprisonment regardless of age.

I am tired of being held hostage to Thugary and Bullying.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

Schmidt said his office will presumptively decline to prosecute those whose most serious accusation doesn’t involve deliberate property damage, theft or the use or threat of force against someone else.

this is reasonable

..and encourages continued and future rioting and looting 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

this is reasonable

how so?
the article clearly states the people released did not commit the crimes you are claiming.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

this is reasonable

how so?
the article clearly states the people released did not commit the crimes you are claiming.

Shallow thinking to believe the violent ones will not take this as a signal to loot and plunder 🤣

top topics

join