It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on corona being biased.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: SaturnFX

Your numbers are wrong.

You have a 99.9% chance of not being infected.

If you are part of the 0.1% you have an 80% chance of having no symptoms.

So its more like 0.005% chance of dying.

Why stop there
Why not go with the "Covid is a made up disease that nobody has died from" conspiracy. I mean, if you are gonna favor quack docs and conspiracy theorists over global doctors, go with the most convenient...right?
Some science you will dismiss

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

But isn't the mortality rate inflated as even the CDC admits up to 10x more people have had it than were tested?
So, the mortality rate is far lower......

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Re: covidtracking.com...

If the Covid-19 Death counts don't start dropping, like the Hospitalization numbers have been, we'll know that lots of hospitals are labeling non-Covid19 deaths as Covid19 deaths.

The CDC directors said this is happening, but it will be clear as day to everyone, if the daily deaths stay over 1,000 for the next 2 weeks.
edit on 8/12/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Do you wear masks over your eyes?

If you're concerned about contracting a virus, and have even a basic understanding of how viruses spread, it would make sense to cover one's eyes.

Are older people not allowed to go to the store to get some bare essencials?

Most grocery stores offer curbside pic up now. Many delivery services available as well.
If someone is concerned about catching the virus, they shouldn't voluntarily put themselves in situations that increase that risk, much less expect (or demand) that others cater to them because they chose to do so.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

But isn't the mortality rate inflated as even the CDC admits up to 10x more people have had it than were tested?
So, the mortality rate is far lower......

The testing in its very nature is flawed.
There are reports of people being tested and shown positive, then later that day retested and shown negative. I guess it depends on which test you go with.
But what we do know is contained examples, such as the cruise ships and the like where people all become infected and from there, we can figure out the natural mortality, which on the high end is 5%, and with lots of early medical intervention seems to be as low as 1.8%

Also, we can judge the death rate spike globally, especially in affected cities of all causes. If you have normally say 5k deaths in a city a year, and so far you are at like 15k, you know something is really freaking off in the city. I've heard people in these parts suggesting it was probably spousal abuse and suicide written off as covid or some other such nonsense.

But anyhow, we need more accurate and widespread testing to really know how things are...until then, we go with what the best science has to offer until better measurements are implemented.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino

Do you wear masks over your eyes?

If you're concerned about contracting a virus, and have even a basic understanding of how viruses spread, it would make sense to cover one's eyes.

Are older people not allowed to go to the store to get some bare essencials?

Most grocery stores offer curbside pic up now. Many delivery services available as well.
If someone is concerned about catching the virus, they shouldn't voluntarily put themselves in situations that increase that risk, much less expect (or demand) that others cater to them because they chose to do so.

We have freedom of movement
Why are there driving laws? if you're worried about being killed by a drunk driver speeding, then don't drive...don't force other drivers to adhere to commonsense policy.

Thats sort of what I am hearing from you.
Rules are put in place, in this case temporarily, to ensure safety of the majority.

And no joke, I had a face to face discussion once with someone who was actually angry that drunk driving and speeding was against the law as it violated his personal liberties. Only if it hurts someone should it be illegal, otherwise...shooting guns into a crowd..if nobody gets hit, no foul.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I want to drive on the left side of the road and I'll kick your ass if you tell me I can't.

So there.

Like that? Sorta?

edit on 8/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I want to drive on the left side of the road and I'll kick your ass if you tell me I can't.

So there.

Like that? Sorta?

Proud to be an American!
Fight me with cheeseburger swords!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I see what you are saying.
But, the currents stats are in effect fear mongering as they are not a true reflection of the death rate.

I don't know anyone who was tested and was positive...or negative for that matter.
But I know at least a dozen people who sure as hell had it. CV symptoms up the yahoo.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
a reply to: olaru12
Put down the pistol.
Leave it there indefinitely.
Live.

I see analogies are not readily understood by some members. Irony is totally ignored because it just takes to much cognitive effort; so just take everything literally and you'll be ok.

BTAIM...you can have my pistol when you pry it from my cold dead hands.

Topic....

I have a native American friend that went into the hospital 2 weeks ago with the covid and now suffering debilitating neurological problems and is looking at a year rehab; he will live but at what cost?...Thank God for the IHS.

Perhaps the data of Covid is being manipulated but many people are dead and suffering from more than just the china flu.

If you ignore the protocols and get sick, don't whine...

edit on 13-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Rules are put in place, in this case temporarily, to ensure safety of the majority.

The vast majority of people who contract this virus will be minimally effected, if at all.

We have freedom of movement

No one is restricting your movement. You can choose to go in stores. You can choose not to go in stores. Up to you.

edit on 14-8-2020 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join