It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on corona being biased.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
www.who.int...

2nd page about 80% of the way down, states what i reference

80% of people tested positive are asympomatic or have mild symptoms. 80% is a huge number. Not to be taken lightly. Yet, it is.

The placement on the statistics are upon those hospitalized and those that died. No one ever correlates the amount of negative results vs the amount of positives. If most people are asympomatic, they’ll go about their daily lives.
Until the media fearmongering. Then they get tested because it’s “omg its so serious, media says it’ll kill me tomorrow”.

More people getting testing = increase on positive results. It’s just how percentages work. No one acknowledges that though. I guess the common core education system is paying off.
It’s mostly the younger generation that seems to be the ones saying “wear a mask, karen!” And then the boomers who actually have a legit reason to wear one, wearing theirs and minding their own business, as if a typical day.
Most “boomers”, who are most “at risk”, would rather go about their day to day life unimpeded and unhindered and would not want to wear one regardless.
If i was 60+, i’d take my chances. I like the odds of 3% of something around 30%. I’d be more worried about my walk to work and getting hit by a meteor from the perseid meteor shower than i would be of coronavirus.

But all in all, point being, why not show the amount of negative results? Something to hide? Agenda not quite pushed far enough? I cant wait til December. Will give the Dems 2 months to accept their defeat and find something else to hang the orange man on and then coronavirus will be all but forgotten.

Tl;dr i personally feel its a political attack. With more and more evidence coming out as to how harmless it really is... it becomes more apparent. Just have to wade it out til jan-feb
edit on 12-8-2020 by PhatalError because: Clarification

edit on 12-8-2020 by PhatalError because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 12 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: paragraphs to make it easier to read

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You're gonna go out on a friday night with some friends.

You have a 80% chance of surviving the night without issue
You have a 20% chance you will be shot
of that, you have a 5% chance the shot will kill you.

Everyone you talk to gets infected with your luck for a full month, giving them the same situation

Those sound like crap odds. Imma stay in.

Oh, and not sure where you live, but the boomers and older crowd are fully geared up in any place I've been in. masks, social distancing, and trying to just stay inside...which gets screwed up with some effin moron at the 7/11 with no mask on is coughing in gramps face and getting his sickness in his eyes.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Why doesn’t gramps mask work, and was he forced to go to 7/11???

Also, where’d you get that 5%.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PhatalError

I see this playing out in one of two ways. Trump gets reelected the media headlines will be: " This virus is deadly we'll never be rid of it, we demand the nation be shut down indefinitely.
biden wins the media headlines will be: " This virus is burning itself out, we'll be free of it in about a month. Everything back to normal, no more press about the virus.
edit on 12-8-2020 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

99.96% will die of something besides Corona Virus.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

You do know that covid19 can kill you, give you a stroke, or heart problems right?

Let me explain it to you this way.....you have a pistol with 8 bullets 7 are blanks.....

How much risk are you willing to take; not only with yourself but those around you in the case of covid.

Choose wisely....

edit on 12-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Everyone you talk to gets infected with your luck for a full month, giving them the same situation

Oh, and not sure where you live, but the boomers and older crowd are fully geared up in any place I've been in. masks, social distancing, and trying to just stay inside...which gets screwed up with some effin moron at the 7/11 with no mask on is coughing in gramps face and getting his sickness in his eyes.

If one out of 5 people got shot while out on Friday night, no one would ever go out on Friday night.

If there were 1000 M&Ms in a bowl and you were told 5 of them would kill you if you ate them, would you eat any of them?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

And yet we have now 30 states under the 1.0 threshold for COVID transmission the most states below 1.0 since March, there were 19 states below just 10 days ago. The chance of catching COVID was always overblown we were supposed to hit 5.7 that transmission rate never materialized. The most was 3.5 early on in a few states in March. For perspective, Measles is 18.0 Ebola 2.0 HIV 4.0

rt.live...

Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.
edit on 12-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Put down the pistol.
Leave it there indefinitely.
Live.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How come it’s always the “SAME” lefty accounts on this site who are dead set this is a pandemic, same people who reply. Same cut and paste answers, always railing on about how sick your gonna get, 2nd wave, wear your mask BS.

The Mennonites next to my property in the BC Canada interior put it as best I’ve heard yet when I asked them how the community was doing, with the CoNViD

Looked at me with a grin, we’re all doing fine, we don’t have TV!!!!

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

OP I been driven semi thru 11 western states skeptical of everyone wearing
a mask I said I will never get infected and I will never spread it. Still saying
that with malice. No brag just facts. I don't have it and I don't know anyone
who does. I've paid great attention to everything that's said about this virus.
And always wind up back at the beginning. Can't trust anything that's being
said. None of it. Right now even I don't know if it's the common cold of flu
killing people as usual. Or if all the hype is correct. All I know is I haven't
had the flu but once in 40 years. I don't get sick ever. And if i do, that's my
preference over submitting to wearing a damn muzzle, Way to many
suspicious facts involved. So if I catch it well everyone else submits so everyone
else can kiss my rosy red white ass if they got something to say about it. lol
edit on 12-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I know 6 people who have tested positive. Of those 6, only two of them have had any symptoms, and both have been mild. My 77 year-old dad has it. No lung problems, no cough. Just aches and fever, which are now going away. Now, my mom of course lives with her husband, my dad. She, 76 years old, has no symptoms. He was diagnosed positive 10 days ago, so if she were going to show symptoms, it would have happened by now. My 55 year old sister, with whom I live, was in the car for 16 hours work our parents the day before our dad came down with fever. Why didn’t she get it? Me? Why didn’t my mom?

I posit that we probably did have it but didn’t have a problem. And I posit that many, many others have also had it and it was so UNHARMFUL to them that they didn’t even know they had it. How many people have had it but we don’t know about it? I’m gonna use good solid logic and say probably a lot.

If you want to shutter up forever, do it. Quit pushing your irrational fear on the rest of us. Start using your brain and stop eating up every piece of sh!t that the media shoves at you .

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Your numbers are wrong.

You have a 99.9% chance of not being infected.

If you are part of the 0.1% you have an 80% chance of having no symptoms.

So its more like 0.005% chance of dying.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I felt the same way...
Until a break out of the virus happened at work, 37 of us got it.
However, the health unit would only test us if we had 3 symptoms.
This was before they tied all the other symptoms to the virus.

A friend died (57 yrs old, recently beat cancer but his white blood cell count was down)
I ended up in isolation for around a month.
Most of that was on the company dime - hotel, food and being paid OT.
I was making more money living like a recluse king in a hotel, than I would had being at work lol.

Only time I felt bad was at night slight fever and shortness of breath, or so I thought.
It could had been my mind playing tricks on me, making me panic.
But when ever I would lay down, it would feel like a bit of a struggle to get deep breaths.

A couple of the other guys ended up in the ICU after the first week of contracting it.
I didn't feel 100% for close to 3 weeks.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Its absolutely a political attack..

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrEnergy

Why doesn’t gramps mask work, and was he forced to go to 7/11???

Also, where’d you get that 5%.

Do you wear masks over your eyes?
Are older people not allowed to go to the store to get some bare essencials?
and I won't discuss the 5% number...I know when to not stir up the flat earthers

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

Its absolutely a political attack..

Citation needed for your leprechaun.

Here are the real numbers btw:
Source European CDC

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
If there were 1000 M&Ms in a bowl and you were told 5 of them would kill you if you ate them, would you eat any of them?

lol...no. I would toss that bowl out and get a new bowl where zero would kill me....as is to be expected for candy.
Terrible example btw.

and btw, your 5 in 1k example would suggest a very low transmission rate of the virus. It appears between 3-5% mortality rate for this virus...so its more like 5 in 100 M&Ms.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

And yet we have now 30 states under the 1.0 threshold for COVID transmission the most states below 1.0 since March, there were 19 states below just 10 days ago. The chance of catching COVID was always overblown we were supposed to hit 5.7 that transmission rate never materialized. The most was 3.5 early on in a few states in March. For perspective, Measles is 18.0 Ebola 2.0 HIV 4.0

rt.live...

Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

Weird how when we have facemask orders, social distancing order, etc in order to stop the rate of infection...the infection rates slow.

A bit like saying "Hey, the parachute I deployed slowed me down...great..
so what is the point of pointing that out? you wanna cut the ties now because clearly falling isn't that dangerous?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

I know 6 people who have tested positive. Of those 6, only two of them have had any symptoms,

So of the people you can absolutely confirm, you are suggesting a 33% rate of symtomatic cases...which is much, much higher than what is recorded. The rest is conjecture until you get the test.
I was sure I had it back in December along with my girlfriend. We got the antigen test and it was negative...guess we just had the flu. Sadly I was one of those effin moron idiots who was saying I probably also had it because of similar symptoms..don't be me..dont be that soo knuckle dragging stupid to claim you probably already had it, or anyone else for that matter, until you get confirmation. Surely you won't though...you seem clever.

Quit pushing your irrational fear on the rest of us. Start using your brain and stop eating up every piece of sh!t that the media shoves at you .

You're the one suggesting by your validated evidence its 33%. Seems you are the one pushing your fear onto others...funnily enough without even realizing it.

I would counter your recommendation of me not "eating up every piece of # that the media shoves at me" with...why not trust science over flat earth level conspiracy theorist palm readers when we are discussing a global medical pandemic. You might be less of a stooge.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join