It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros bashes President Trump explains why he no longer participates in this market bubble

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Market Watch

‘I am confident that Trump will turn out to be a transitory phenomenon’

Many members here present the same attitude as I about this man but the fact that he has amassed a fortune in the global financial markets tends to make me interested in what he says on that subject.
As far as what he has to say about Trump is another mater entirely because he is the mastermind behind all of the instability going on in our larger cities, a subversive treasonist because of his naturalized citizenship and just a down right soulless person.

Soros calls Trump a "confidence trickster".

“Even in the United States, a confidence trickster like Trump can be elected president and undermine democracy from within,” he said. “But in the U.S. you have a great tradition of checks and balances and established rules. And above all you have the Constitution. So I am confident that Trump will turn out to be a transitory phenomenon, hopefully ending in November.”

Soros warned that Trump “remains very dangerous,” because “he’s fighting for his life and he will do anything to stay in power.” He added that Trump will be held accountable for his violations of the Constitution if he loses the presidency.

He is using the same strategy he directed his political subordinate cronies to use in that they blame their opponent with every injustice they themselves are committing.

Pivoting to his legendary approach to financial markets, Soros acknowledged that we’re caught up in a bubble fueled by Fed liquidity, which has created a situation that he now avoids. He explained that “two simple propositions” make up the framework that has historically given him an advantage, but...
“One is that in situations that have thinking participants the participants’ view of the world is always incomplete and distorted. That is fallibility,” said Soros, who made a killing shorting the British pound decades ago. “The other is that these distorted views can influence the situation to which they relate and distorted views lead to inappropriate actions. That is reflexivity.”
He went on to say the market, which he no longer participates in, is sustained by the expectation of more fiscal stimulus along with hopes Trump will announce a vaccine before November.

And the gains keep coming. At last check, the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, 0.79% was up more than 200 points, while both the S&P 500 SPX, 1.28% and tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite COMP, 2.00% were also firmly in the green in Wednesday’s session.

One of these days, Gladys.
One of these days this bubble is going to burst and the global financial structure will collapse.

Are You ready?

I hope this next Great Depression will be as civil as the last but I don't believe it will. Far to many of the nation's citizens no longer possesses the moral fiber of the society of those years. I fear lawlessness will rule the day in the coming financial disaster.
edit on 12-8-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Is trump fighting for his life? I don't think so. I think he is fighting for the life of this republic and it's constitution.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I’m pretty young and have watched the market crash twice now in 2008 and 2020, losing large portions of my investments, so nothing new here. I’ve just diversified my accounts now and hope for the best.

What is your recommendation? I would just like to hear what others are doing to plan for another market crash. Are you saying we should pull all our money out of the market and if so what do you believe is a safer bet without sitting on your hands waiting for the next market crash?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

How long can the market sustain printing fake money and a tanking GDP? I bailed on the mkt. long ago except for 420 green ops.

www.forbes.com...

I'll take Soros financial word over trump's any day.

edit on 12-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'll take Soros word over trump's any day.

All commies do.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I can't give you financial advice. Personally, this kind of possibility should have been considered long before now where you wouldn't have to make these kinds of pressured decisions. And maybe it's still not too late to take a long term look at this situation.
I took my money out of the market shortly after the crash of 2008/09 and stayed out. I missed a lot of profit between then and now but I was newly retired then and already fearful of this market.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Soros is mad because his funding of Domestic Terrorism in the U.S. is being disrupted by the Dept of Justice...and other agencies.

link   
a reply to: olaru12

Soros is a shrewd soulless MF.

link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

I'll take Soros word over trump's any day.

All commies do.

Commie? I'm a capitalist/entrepreneur !! Had an LLC since I was 20yrs old. Been in farming, retail, wholesale, mfg, entertainment biz and made and lost fortunes. Currently a subcontractor for Netflix and other prod. companies. I'm at work now.

I'll get back in the mkt. after the correction, coming soon!!!
edit on 12-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Soros is 90 years old today and he wants to see the destruction of this republic before he dies. He will not stop even after he is dead in that his son is ready to step up and take his place.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You were just misunderstood.
I almost did.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I almost did.

No worries, I've been insulted so often on ATS, it has no meaning anymore; Especially when the insults come from adolescents that question their manhood and think that insults of other members makes them look tough.
edit on 12-8-2020 by olaru12 because: check it....Brenda

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

As we go through life our skin gets thinner but it also gets tougher than cowhide. Isn't life wonderful?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

As we go through life our skin gets thinner but it also gets tougher than cowhide. Isn't life wonderful?

It is!! Beautiful GF, Nice car, and a late life profession that is well paid, but it's so much fun, I would do it for nothing.

Union Strong, Union proud...and blessed with almost constant good fortune!!

www.iatse.net... and www.sagaftra.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Oh really? You trust a traitor who sold put his own people to the Nazis, crashed the British currency, funds pro-pedophile organisations, ones charged with child trafficking and God knows what else?

Get off the kool aid mate

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If it weren't for democrats protecting him, Soros would have been banned from America just like he's banned from several other countries for the chaos he funds and puts in place. All he needs to survive is a gaggle of weak-minded dummards and he has all he'll ever need in bLM.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I almost did.

No worries, I've been insulted so often on ATS, it has no meaning anymore

Then you'll understand why it's laughable now when a democrat calls us racists.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Oh really? You trust a traitor who sold put his own people to the Nazis, crashed the British currency, funds pro-pedophile organisations, ones charged with child trafficking and God knows what else?

Get off the kool aid mate

It's all fun and games when a democrat does it. Just don't dare be a republican and say (back when you were a democrat) that rich guys can grab gold diggers by the pussy. That's just unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Darth Soros needs bashed by a missile fired from a few thousand feet.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Soros calls Trump a "confidence trickster".

It takes one to know one. Soros is a giant piece of #e that's influenced people for the past 60 years or more. Everyone knows it but his money talks. People turn to jelly when offered riches.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe trump is draining the swamp finally. Hit George where it hurts. His pocket.

<<   2 >>

join