It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme weather in Scotland, lightning and objects in the sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Scotland was absolutely battered by extreme weather last night
and we have suffered some incredible landslides and flooding
there was the perseid meteor shower last night as well and we get intense lightning storms and massive amounts of rain

original report here severe weather batters scotland

I believe this storm came out of nowhere I dont think it was noticed or picked up on until it was late , as flights were diverted around the storm by the tower in Edinburgh , they didnt catch wind of it either

I even believe a train was derailed no less than half an hour ago on its way to Stonehaven, not sure if this was the result of the landslides
link here train derailed
hopefully casualties are low , such a tragedy during these times , Ive been on trains recently and the traffic is minimal , and that is a quiet line so hopefully it wasnt full of passengers

I was looking into the flooding on the BBC and some amateur photographer captured the lightning

in the image there is a strange object , looks like a ufo to me
what do you think ?

what do you think it is ?

edit on 12-8-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Man we got some extreme weather in Japan no shipment watermelon season is devastated are corn crops they're all dying are asparagus there all flooded is terrible man it really is the potatoes and carrots is like you can't believe you while I would I will tell you three potatoes for $3 US Dollars 3 Carat for almost $3 the weather patterns in Japan have devastated a farming industry

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

the farming community at my parents place , all their fields are flooded everything will be ruined

the river Avon has burst its banks and flooded most of the surrounding farmland

Id imagine it to be the same in most of the central belt and coastal areas

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

It's a moth/beetle/bug on the window the photo was shot through.

Just more evidence that extreme weather events are a plot by the arthropod invaders. Wake up, sheeple.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: savvo

probably yeh dirt on the window

just saw it in the image and thought it looked odd

because of its shape

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I believe this storm came out of nowhere I dont think it was noticed or picked up on until it was late

It was predicted since last week. A lot of the weather websites were saying it was coming.

Most likely a bird. The seagulls here (town in Scotland) go nuts during a thunderstorm.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Oa reply to: savvo

I don't think people realize the extreme damage the weather has done for example in Japan Southern Japan the rice fields are devastated the watermelon fields or devastated yeah we can live without watermelon but rice fields up and down Japan with the oncoming storm or typhoons I'm telling you people this is going to be one heck of a year the rice is going to be extremely expensive for those that don't know what we used to import Russian Thailand because of the I'm not going to buy Thai rice attitude from the Japanese the Thai rice said on the shelf and Rod it but now I don't think they're going to feel that same way Japan rice fields are flooded I mean seriously I live here I see it from eye-to-eye the rice fields are flooded and devastated

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: musicismagic

the farming community at my parents place , all their fields are flooded everything will be ruined

the river Avon has burst its banks and flooded most of the surrounding farmland

Id imagine it to be the same in most of the central belt and coastal areas

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

hhahah couldnt have predicted a better day for the kids to go back to school the day after a huge storm
belter have the kids wont even make it to their schools today

Hey that doesnt look like a seagull to me

but probably is something mundane

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I ran the image through digital analysis for Error Level Analysis

and you can see the image itself

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Unless it's passed I think you should be doing safety checks.

Be alert and keep your people safe as possible flashlight batteries
you know?

The photo seems to have something on the lens.
edit on 12-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The Stonehaven train crash has several severe injuries and possibly one death and has been declared a 'major incident'.
I lived in Portlethen which is between Aberdeen and Stonehaven for almost 10 years back in the mid '80's - early '90's

Sad Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Okay so this is an update we've had almost like a hundred degree weather thunderstorms lightning hurricanes not Hurricanes play thunderstorms and iPhones to type on Chicago tortoise this is a weird summer I don't know what is your country but here food prices are crazy I would like to peaches for $66 per shipment $6 for two peaches

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
A streak style water droplet.
Based on the fact that there's a storm.

Debris on the lens is also likely, there's another similar gray-ish black dot along the lightning bolt itself, similar in color consistency and focus of the "UFO" in question.

These are simpler and more likely explanations, I'll take them.

What say ye, Phage?
-summons Phage-

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I found this for ya OP

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Aye that is odd at 12:40 a strange odd red colour sort of looks like its moving a little in the middle of the screen , the orange lights that come from the left look like digital camera artifacts from light refraction

but I dont know what that is in the middle

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Aye such sad news likes , im glad the train wasnt super busy , but still 12 people in that awful accident.

It really makes you wonder about the safety of the land around scotland and britian during extreme weather , the UK is terrible for high rainfall and extreme flooding
and nothing really ever gets done about flood prevention , I know the network rail engineers do their best to protect the tracks but it must be near impossible to predict things like flash floods and landslides

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

hhaahah you didnt do the correct incantation to summon phage

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Check out this amazing photo captured in Grangemouth at the Kelpies

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82 what do you think it is ?

Looking at it logically the first thought is a disc? In tilt mode?

From personal experience these motherships and claps of thunder / lightning are in some way for whatever reason closely linked. Just a guess but something to do with the UFOs appearing from another dimension.

I'm going for UFO disc moving into our dimension

top topics

<<   2 >>

join