It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hail Mary pass

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU2018
Maybe their ultimate goal is to find a way to get Pelosi in office.

people are really over thinking this whole thing.

Because we can’t accept it. The whole thing looks absurd and we’re being extra paranoid so we don’t get sucker punched

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel ...
If he can't continue right before the election which is unlikely, the Democrats would have to pick someone else. In that event, would the VP pick stay the same?

I thought about that. What's stop them from just bumping Harris up into the place and then choosing a running mate for her?

I don't see how or why they would. Harris got like 2% of the vote in the primaries. I'm still not sure why she was Joe's token Crayon.

It's ironic when talking to a lefist and you mention Joe isn't going to make it through his term and all of a sudden Kamala would make a great president, yet when the had a chance to vote her in she crapped the bed. Hell if you remember she was being pushed after the 1st debate, then went belly up.

That is what the vote is, it is Trump vs Harris and Harris couldn't even win one state in the Democratic primaries, she tries the Obama in a skirt act and the left ain't buying it
edit on 12-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So when Joe steps down do we really want Harris/Pelosi running the nation?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Honestly I don’t know. I don’t think anyone does. I think we’re in uncharted territory.

People know, it's pretty straight forward.

If the presumptive candidate drops out or dies prior to the convention the party will just pick a new candidate at the convention. If they cannot continue after the convention but before the election the national parties can replace them with a person of their choosing based on their respective rules but would most likely be the Vice Presidential nominee. There could be a question if a nominee dies right before the election but cannot be replaced on time, at that point it could be left up to the Electors.

If the person wins the election and then cannot make it to the inauguration the Vice President elect would most likely but sworn in as President but the Congress could try to challenge that by attempting to not certify the Electoral College vote.

Guess what happens if they do that? You get President Pelosi until they decide to certify the vote.

Well kinda right, but that is if only if Pelosi wins her re-election this year...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Purpapengus

Left and Right are just the sides of the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
Because we can’t accept it.

Can't accept what?

edit on 12-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Well kinda right, but that is if only if Pelosi wins her re-election this year...

Cause the chances of her losing that are like, what, zero? I mean I suppose she could lose if 30,000,000 million illegal aliens from Alabama sent their mail in ballots in on time. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

The point is, they aren't similar at all and not exact opposites either; they share physical similarities such as age, ethnicity and gender.

I have no idea what you're on about but I like the enthusiasm!

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

And at the top is Civil War 2: Electric Boo-whoa-ho-ho-ho almost said it.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

From the "two wrongs equal a right" school of exuseism.

If Biden is bad, it doesn't mean his opponent is good, and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
Thanks
that thought just ruined my day

No worries, I can't pass a bowl of Cheerios without adding some flavor to them.

Please see your gastroenterologist quickly.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

From the "two wrongs equal a right" school of exuseism.

If Biden is bad, it doesn't mean his opponent is good, and vice versa.

The fact that Trump has been a good president makes Biden's opponent good...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Please see your gastroenterologist quickly.

Urologist in this case.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Danny Boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling....

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

" Biden is a living hologram "

Holograms are an Illusion and so is Joe's Campaign ..........

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They pushed Biden because, above all else, he's completely malleable. He'll do anything he's told to do. They were also banking on his name recognition and the (manufactured) perception that he's a blue-collar centrist. After his run to the left in the primaries, though, fewer people are buying into him being moderate. Picking Harris isn't going to fix that, either.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There are huge court fights going on right now between those who want mass ballot mailings ASAP, and those who want most Americans to vote in person.

That mass ballot mailings are designed to ensure Joe Biden is elected President. A lot of people will escape prosecution, and President Joe will be easily manipulated.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

It's just a guess, but California may not be as locked in as we think it is??

San Fran Nan, a/k/a Pelosi hasn't exactly been a stellar exemplar of the Democratic party of late... So?? Maybe the worm has turned a bit in California??

Honestly, I don't know. But if that's the case, loosing Cali would be a disaster for the Dems. Harris might be the attempt to curtail that??

IDK.
edit on 8/12/2020 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Honestly, I don’t even think Californians like her. Aside from the media and the Clinton/Obama camps (but I repeat myself), I don’t think ANYONE really likes her.

I think the pick of Harris is pretty telling. Instead of someone with a built in following or someone that can help deliver a swing state, they picked someone who, more than anything, is supposed to appeal to his base; as a red meat delivering woman of color.
If you’re still trying to solidify your base when the primary has basically been done with for months, you’ve got problems.

The bigger problem is that, although Harris checks off the boxes, the base still doesn’t like her. Her inauthenticity and her history as DA/AG being primary reasons.

It’s pretty hilarious, really. They completely botched the pick, in my opinion at least.

I know the OP is wondering why they picked Biden...but why the hell did they pick Kamala? Maybe because they know she’s just as malleable as he is? Willing to do anything for the perks? Just in case Joe doesn’t make it a full term?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Yeah, i don't think she's a good choice, either.

I can safely be called a Tulsi Gabbard fan-boi, but I think she'd have been a better choice.

A woman of color. A veteran-two tours in Iraq. Some foreign affairs chops. Articulate. My personal fave reason, she despises Hillary
. She's young, as well.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join