It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hail Mary pass

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Why push Biden even with the baggage and the potential dementia?
The left are fans of projection. Biden is a projection of how the left perceive Trump. Trump was a responce to the left, Biden is the responce to the right. A mirror of what the left sees in the president. So it shouldn't be surprising when Joe says something racist or loses his temper or sexually harasses a woman. He is mirror Trump.

But why?
To push the idea they are the same and drive votes to the independent side and hopefully away from the right.
Because the left have nothing else going for them.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Purpapengus

Biden is supposed to take all Trumps pot-shots and drop out right before or after the election so that no dirt is exposed on the real candidate. Too bad Tulsi already crucified Harris worse than Trump ever could have.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purpapengus
The left are fans of projection. Biden is a projection of how the left perceive Trump. Trump was a responce to the left, Biden is the responce to the right. A mirror of what the left sees in the president. So it shouldn't be surprising when Joe says something racist or loses his temper or sexually harasses a woman. He is mirror Trump.

But why?
To push the idea they are the same and drive votes to the independent side and hopefully away from the right.

What is this left are fans of projection?

Psychology would say that humans are fans of projection if anything (are they?).

I feel that you pulled that directly out of your ass. I don't feel it literally, like.. pulling stuff out of it but it seems to be that way I should say.

Biden and Trump are very different. They have in common being old, white, and male but that's it. Upbringing and history, politics, and personalities are different but not exact opposites either. If they're opposite of each other is that a projection? Does a mirror reverse everything?

When I raise my hand in front of a mirror, the same hand raises. I don't know about pictures because I forgot if I turned the reverse setting off or on with my phone camera and it doesn't tell me which is which or what default is, the camera icon makes a 180 degree spin.

The point is, they aren't similar at all and not exact opposites either; they share physical similarities such as age, ethnicity and gender.
edit on 12-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Trump is waiting Trump is waiting for the right time to come in with the I got the right decision to make that's the business attitude of a person who is in business I got the right attitude I got the right decision to make the business decision to click for the American people that is his strength a reply to: Purpapengus

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Biden is supposed to take all Trumps pot-shots and drop out right before or after the election so that no dirt is exposed on the real candidate. Too bad Tulsi already crucified Harris worse than Trump ever could have.

You're saying the plan is for Harris to be the President? If Biden can't continue for health reasons after being elected, she's the acting President, right?

If he can't continue right before the election which is unlikely, the Democrats would have to pick someone else. In that event, would the VP pick stay the same?
edit on 12-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

You're saying the plan is for Harris to be the President? If Biden can't continue for health reasons after being elected, she's the acting President, right?

If he can't continue right before the election which is unlikely, the Democrats would have to pick someone else. In that event, would the VP pick stay the same?

Honestly I don’t know. I don’t think anyone does. I think we’re in uncharted territory.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

If if tanks before the election the new choice picks the people they have in the cabinet and who is the VP. That will be a whirlwind tour if it happens.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel ...

I thought about that. What's stop them from just bumping Harris up into the place and then choosing a running mate for her?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Biden is a living hologram 😎

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I thought about that. What's stop them from just bumping Harris up into the place and then choosing a running mate for her?

in the last few months, it was the will of the democratic party, now, I'm not sure who is pulling the strings. Likely Barry.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Honestly I don’t know. I don’t think anyone does. I think we’re in uncharted territory.

People know, it's pretty straight forward.

If the presumptive candidate drops out or dies prior to the convention the party will just pick a new candidate at the convention. If they cannot continue after the convention but before the election the national parties can replace them with a person of their choosing based on their respective rules but would most likely be the Vice Presidential nominee. There could be a question if a nominee dies right before the election but cannot be replaced on time, at that point it could be left up to the Electors.

If the person wins the election and then cannot make it to the inauguration the Vice President elect would most likely but sworn in as President but the Congress could try to challenge that by attempting to not certify the Electoral College vote.

Guess what happens if they do that? You get President Pelosi until they decide to certify the vote.

edit on 12-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Q indicted it

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks
that thought just ruined my day

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw
Thanks
that thought just ruined my day

No worries, I can't pass a bowl of Cheerios without adding some flavor to them.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purpapengus

But why?

Excellent analysis!!

I agree completely, but could not have articulated my thoughts/feelings nearly as well as you did in your OP.

S&F!

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

No.

In my view, they would need to choose a new VP candidate in that scenario as Kamala Harris would then be elevated to the presidential nominee slot on the Democratic ticket.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

I don't see how or why they would. Harris got like 2% of the vote in the primaries. I'm still not sure why she was Joe's token Crayon.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
I don't see how or why they would.

The how is that it's their party and they already have rules in place for something like that just like the RNC does.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't see how or why they would.

The how is that it's their party and they already have rules in place for something like that just like the RNC does.

Fair enough, but I still get why they would choose Harris. Her polling was abysmal and the only bump she got was when she told Joe that she was a girl that he stood against when he stood against busing black kids into white skoolz.

Maybe their ultimate goal is to find a way to get Pelosi in office. She seems even more radically progressive than Joe and Harris. Maybe their ticket is just a diverse distraction that screams "see? look at me, I picked a black girl so I can't be a racist now."

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Maybe their ultimate goal is to find a way to get Pelosi in office.

The only way they could do that on a non-temporary basis would be to put her on the ticket. The election will occur, a President will be elected and at some point sworn in, people are really over thinking this whole thing.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Maybe their ultimate goal is to find a way to get Pelosi in office.

people are really over thinking this whole thing.

Because we can’t accept it. The whole thing looks absurd and we’re being extra paranoid so we don’t get sucker punched

<<   2  3 >>

join