It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you're sick stay home!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ok, here's the band-aid version (it's going to sting)

Too bad. Not everyone is going to cater to folks, like it or not, and people are going to have to learn that one way or the other.

Either get over it, or move onward & seek employment elsewhere. Or see if you can get any caregiver's subsidy pay (my grandmother took care of my great grandmother for 30 years, it's a real thing you can be compensated for)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Ok, here's the band-aid version (it's going to sting)

If he really wanted to make it sting he could have just snapped of part of his mop handle and brained her with it. Your advice sucks, mine is much better and will correct the problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Chill out.

The wife coming in while she is sick- that’s bad. Just a crappy move, but people do it.

When did society decide that all risk must be eliminated to go out into the world? They decided it as soon as the media did the bait-and-switch a few months ago when they went from “flatten the curve” to “eliminate the virus.” And you ate it up without a second thought.

If one wants to eliminate every risk, fine. Stay home.

We aren’t going to “cure” or eliminate this virus anytime soon. Just like the flu. Do you stress yourself to death every flu season, wearing bodysuits and washing your hands every two minutes and requiring every person you come across to tell you their every bodily function and shove a thermometer in their face? Why are you doing it now? Does the wildly conflicting and contradictory reporting about this virus not give you pause?

Chill out. It was your mom’s choice to smoke. That’s not anyone else’s fault. She made herself higher risk so stop with inferring that anyone else should take responsibility for her.
edit on 12-8-2020 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

When did people decide that it's perfectly okay to endanger others?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

There's danger for you & your mama EVERYWHERE, spud. In the car, from other idiots driving. Especially here in Michigan, hot damn.

Anyway, and walking through parking lots, because stupid drivers again.
Stores because who knows what's been touched by whom, or which food is a yet-undiscovered tainted food item they're going to link to a food-born illness outbreak & recall right after you eat it.
Or if somebody's going to drive through the building you're in because they're retards who don't belong behind the wheel.
Or hell, even the mail, you never know who sneezed or coughed on that between Point A and Point B, even if it was between mom and an aunt or something.
And don't get me started on the money, it's filthy. REALLY filthy. You don't even want to know the laundry list of s# living on our physical money (and in part, our credit/debit cards, too)

Or you could just be walking down a sidewalk, trip over your own two feet, mash your head on the curb going down, and die from the resulting head injury.

Risk is everywhere, broski, our job is to calculate them & roll the dice in our favor. Not other people, US. Hell, risk might even be that key to life itself, "no risk, no worth".

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I feel for you, that's a brutal situation.

It seems that many people were raised without the idea of personal impact, or maybe it's too abstract of a concept for them to grasp in totality.

Take care of yourself and your family.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
"Endangering others", pffff.
I never liked anyone coughing without covering their mouths, but I'd tell them. I won't politely hate them behind their backs.
If a sick person endangers you however, you should stay indoors and wear a mask and a bio-hazard suit and never go out again.
The world is for those that can cope with danger, not for the ones that die if you look at them sideways.
If you are so fragile that you are scared to get an illness that 99% of people just live through, often without knowing, then you need to buy one of those bubble things where people from the outside can put their hands into gloves to care for you.

I am vulnerable [apparently], I have asthma and M.E and am not the fittest, but I am willing to face everyone, the coughers and non-maskers, the hot and sweaty and the friendly and innocent.
I have a feeling that even if I got this particular flu, I will be just alright.
And if not...that's life and I will take it too, like a man..even though I am a woman.

I won't be perpetually fearful of something that has an incredibly small chance to kill me. And as I said, if it would kill me, then I obviously am not fit enough to lead a normal life... and I don't want to live like that as it is no life at all.

I hate masks, I hate people who make life a misery through fear.

Stay indoors FFS, wear an oxygen tank or whatever, but leave other people to go about life, like it has always been throughout EVERY frigging flu season since the Spanish flu. And this little corona cousin is no Spanish flu at any stretch.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Shouldn't it be your mother seeking medical help?? Or perhaps yourself?? She continues a self destructive habit even into her vulnerable years despite ignoring the detrimental effect of lifetime smoking of tobacco proven by medical science. But your mental illness (phobia of life) hasyou believing the next person that sneezes within eyesight is going to get your mother killed.

It's pretty easy to anyone with an ounce of critical thought who the crazy one is.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Who knew generation me would be so contagious.

Too many #wits in the world so a culling is the only solution, sadly nature doesn't discriminate so were all in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join