It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI - Biden VP Pick Kamala Devi Harris is Not African American.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Ever since Democrat Presidential candidate Joe Biden announced U.S. Senator KAMALA DEVI HARRIS as his running mate earlier today, the media has been (falsely) describing her over and over as, AFRICAN AMERICAN.

Kamala's birth father is Donald Harris, born in the country of JAMAICA, and a former professor at Stamford university.

According to his Stanford bio, Donald is a naturalized U.S. citizen.

He attended the University of California Berkeley and worked at the University of Wisconsin (Madison) before coming to California.

He's traveled extensively, and often spoke about the economic situation in his home nation of Jamaica, and how to improve the economy there, and in other developing nations.

Kamala's birth mother is Shyamala Harris, born in Chennai, INDIA. She raised Kamala after divorcing Donald in 1971. Shyamala passed in 2009. On Mother's Day this year, Senator Harris tweeted:

"I’m the daughter of a mother who broke down all kinds of barriers. Shyamala Harris was no more than five feet tall, but if you ever met her, you would think she was seven feet tall. She had such spirit and tenacity and I’m thankful every day to have been raised by her."

Source for all - and photos: www.marieclaire.com...

THE TRUTH: Kamala Devi Harris is Jamaican-Indian American. Not African American.

Apparently, just because Kamala is darker than people of European heritage, agenda-driven liberals in the media, and maybe candidate Joe Biden himself, intentionally refer her incorrectly as an African-American.

To label Kamala as African American, is a slap in the face of REAL African Americans. Anyone whose has one or both parents born in a Caribbean nation can be referred to as African American, when they really aren't. It dilutes and insults Americans who immigrated here from Africa, and those whose heritage traces back to the African continent...with "slavery" as part of that heritage.

-CareWeMust
edit on 8/11/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2020 by DrumsRfun because: Capital letters doesn't make it important

edit on 8/11/2020 by carewemust because: But capitalizing certain words makes it easier for me to scroll and find my posts quickly! ;-)

+38 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are posting facts about a political person to a voting base that thought Elizabeth Warren was Native American.

They don't care about actual ancestry.

What they care about is skin tone.

She is brown enough to be put into the "African-American" box.

That is going to be good enough for them.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You know you are a pos when her own father says that she is a disgrace to her family.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I'll just consider her American, not focus on her skintone, and see if I like her policies to influence if I support their team or team Trump.

at this point, I think I am leaning towards Kanye tbh...if we are going to have a circus, at least have a proper clown.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As I understand it, her mother is of (East) Indian descent, while her father is from Jamaica.

As a Jamaican, he is, at least in part, descendant from African slaves imported to the island.

Sen. Harris herself was born in the US, and is therefore an American.

To be specific, Senator Harris is an American of mixed Indian/African descent, or, in the shorthand of a racist, white supremacist culture:

African-American.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The media is saying it so frequently, even hard-core African American leaders like AL Sharpton are referring to her as African American. Once again, we have another Black leader treating African American voters as stupid sheep.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Same reaction....

*laughs in Jabba....

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
You know you are a pos when her own father says that she is a disgrace to her family.

As the article says, Kamala and her father have a "complicated" relationship.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Jamaican is the nationality of a country comprising of numerous ethnic groups. As most people know, the majority of Jamaicans (78%), are of African descent, along with those of East Indian, East Asian, Middle-Eastern and European ancestry Europe

www.quora.com...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yup, the same people who tried to say George Zimmerman was white.

Can't have facts messing up their narrative.
edit on 11-8-2020 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
We should ask how many coconuts her Chithi broke for her today.......

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The media is saying it so frequently, even hard-core African American leaders like AL Sharpton are referring to her as African American. Once again, we have another Black leader treating African American voters as stupid sheep.

I guess we should just ignore the fact that she has self-identified as an Indian-American before.

She's a chameleon!!!

And ETA.. it's not like Democrats care about culture and upbringing.

All about the color of the skin....

Isn't that the definition of racist?

edit on 11-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
As I understand it, her mother is of (East) Indian descent, while her father is from Jamaica.

As a Jamaican, he is, at least in part, descendant from African slaves imported to the island.

Maybe not from Africa..

The original inhabitants of Jamaica are believed to be the Arawaks, also called Tainos. They came from South America 2,500 years ago and named the island Xaymaca, which meant ““land of wood and water”. The Arawaks were a mild and simple people by nature.
Source: jis.gov.jm...

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

the shorthand of a racist, white supremacist culture:

how f+++ing ignorant are you, white supremacist wouldn't be that nice. the term african-american was created by the con man,extortionist, fake phony i held martian while he died liar, jesse jackson in the 1980's.

some say that the term afro amercian is the same from the 60's and a few say african-american was in use as far back as the late 1700's.

edit on 11-8-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I'll just consider her American, not focus on her skintone, and see if I like her policies to influence if I support their team or team Trump.

at this point, I think I am leaning towards Kanye tbh...if we are going to have a circus, at least have a proper clown.

Kanye West has a hell of a lot of followers. Doesn't brown-nose people like Joe/Kamala will. He's very Trump-like.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yup, the same people who tried to say George Zimmerman was white.

Can't have facts messing up their narrative.

In Zimmerman's case CNN intentionally whitened his photo and left out of their narrative that he was raised in a Hispanic home.

So don't be surprised if soon Kamala's pictures are darker and she was raised in the Bronx.

While leaving out that she has a slave owner in her family tree.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yup, Jamaican is black.

The Africans ended up there just like everywhere else in the New World.

Ever heard of a Jamaican saying they weren't black or that they weren't African?

They were British black slaves that never got Americanized. There's alot of Central and South Americans that are predominantly black or African by percentage. The Caribbean is all black Africans basically, with interesting accents from their British ruling.

That's if black and African are interchangable.

In summary, Kamala Harris is half African, half Indian. That's pretty tough considering Obama was half white. I wonder if it will hurt Biden in November. ATSers will reply with a resounding yes of course.
edit on 11-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Sen. Harris herself was born in the US, and is therefore an American.

To be specific, Senator Harris is an American of mixed Indian/African descent, or, in the shorthand of a racist, white supremacist culture:

African-American.

So Democrats consider her African-American now.

Thanks for clarifying.

edit on 11-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

She is also descended from Jamaican slave owners...according to her dad.

“My roots go back, within my lifetime, to my paternal grandmother Miss Chrishy (née Christiana Brown, descendant of Hamilton Brown who is on record as plantation and slave owner" --Donald Harris

dailycaller.com...
edit on 11-8-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

In Zimmerman's case CNN intentionally whitened his photo and left out of their narrative that he was raised in a Hispanic home.

they also left out he had black ancestors on his grandmothers side.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join