It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska Fireball

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm posting this here as opposed to the science section because science has failed to render a conclusion about happened.

In 1908 hundreds of square miles of Siberian forest were flattened and burned by a mysterious fireball. Only now, nearly nine decades later, are we learning what really happened--and not a minute too soon a vast fireball raced through the dawn sky over Siberia, then exploded with the force of 1,000 Hiroshima bombs. The heat incinerated herds of reindeer and charred tens of thousands of evergreens across hundreds of square miles. For days, and for thousands of miles around, the sky remained bright with an eerie orange glow--as far away as western Europe people were able to read newspapers at night without a lamp. The effect was much like that of a great volcanic eruption, yet there had been no eruption. The only objective indication of the extraordinary event was a quiver on seismographs in the Siberian city of Irkutsk, indicating a moderate quake some 1,000 miles north in a remote region called Tunguska.

Some have asserted that it was only a comet or meteor. However, no meteor fragments or impact craters were found in the area. Others have asserted that it was a mini-black hole. But, this may be stretching current science a bit. Consequently, we now turn your attention to what does seem to fit the facts. Researchers into Tesla's work have come to the concensus that it was probably one of his experiments. In the beginning of the 1900s, he was building Wardenclyffe, to transmit messages and electrical power all over the globe. But, by 1908, he had fallen into bad economic straights, with the project not fully completed. However, calculations on his potential power outputs indicate that a sudden burst of his equipment could have produced a massive electrical storm or even EMP. Moreover, others have pointed out that Tesla published claims of coming up with some kind of death ray, to make war obsolete, at this time! The facts seem to fit. Another theory is a conjunction of the theory that the exploding object was an alien spacecraft as well as the theory that Tesla was experimenting with his electrical devices. This theory suggests that Tesla accidentily "shot down" an alien space craft with his display.

opinions or other theories?

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
So i've heard I believe that there are Aleins and UFOs somepeople just have a problem believeing, but it something as big as space it's impossible to be alone

posted on Jul, 12 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well, though I would like to believe otherwise, I find the proof a bit lacking. I do believe, in my opinion, that it was, indeed, an astroid or perhaps a 'anti-matter' asteroid.

1908 Siberia Explosion: Reconstructed through the Eye-witness accounts:
www.psi.edu...

And another with variable 'theories' but leans toward a "anti-matter" astroid:
www.tmeg.com...

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 13-7-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Ugh...I had a whole thing written about this for Tesla, stupid cable.

Anywho, Telsa was tryiing to prove to someone that he wasn't lying about his invention. They said he didn't have it and for some reason someone in the committe or whatever was going to the North Pole. He told them to watch the sky on a certain night. Well, that same night this happened. They saw nothing but when they came back and heard the news they didn't believe Tesla still. He didn't shoot down anythiing, it was just his weapon hit to land. He claimed it was going to be massivley powerful, just unreal powerful.

The story is flawed, as with anything Tesla did. The man never kept documents, he always kept everything in his head because he had such a great memory. The plans for AC was kept in his head for the years he was in a hospital. The man was born before his time, too far before his time. He'd be great to have around now. Did a report on him for my electricity teacher. Read a lot about his inventions, just amazing man.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There was a piece in a recent UFO mag UK (april) that had an interview between Valery Uvarov of Russias National Security Academy and UFO mags Graham Birdsall. The main thrust of the conversation is that the Tunguska Meteor was destroyed by an installation in Siberia. The contention is they know where it is but have no idea who built it. I can`t re-write the interview due to copyright but if anyone is that interested I will ask for permission to do so.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
(previous thread on the subject, very long read)

who

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Personally i dont believe the theories that say Tesla shot down a UFO with his device, nor do i believe the siberian installation blew it up. However, the lack of physical evidence at the site makes it all very interesting. The only thing i can compare it to was on this construction job when the electricians had a huge disconnect wired wrong and when they finally turned on the power, a huge ball of fire blew out of the panel and exploded when it hit the wall 30 yards away. The only thing it left there was a burn mark. the explosion blew apart the steel case of the disconnect. Strange similarities, but its the only thing i can compare it to.

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by who]

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Serious investigations of today are connected with accurate numerical modelling of the Tunguska event including usage of high level mathematical models. One of the most serious results was presented five years ago by G.A.Nikolsky (Head of the radiative atmospheric energetics sector, Institute of Physics, St.Petersburg State University), E.O.Shults (Scientific collaborator, Institute of Physics, St.Petersburg State University), M.N.Tsinbal, V.E.Shnitke (Petersburg State Technological University), Yu.D.Medvedev (Head of the cometary and satellites dynamics laboratory, Institute of Theoretical Astronomy, Russian Academy Sciences). These authors considerably concretised pattern of interaction between comet's nucleus and atmosphere and calculated dynamic characteristics of this interaction from position of correct trajectory (motion from South to North). It was stated correct low density and low velocity of the nucleus, prolonged trajectory and final destruction of the Tunguska comet accompanied with intensive forming of cloud of low temperature plasma.

In 1996 A.E.Zlobin (Central Institute of Aviation Motors, CIAM, Moscow) strictly confirmed southern trajectory of the Tunguska comet nucleus too. In 2000 by A.E.Zlobin was carried out numerical experiment "Tunguska-2000", which confirm low density and low velocity of the Tunguska comet too. Also region of sedimentation of substance were concretised. It was noted good conformity to representations of academician V.G.Fesenkov concerning structure of comets. Several monthes ago final main mechanism of destruction of the Tunguska space body was concretised by A.E.Zlobin with high detailed resolution.

Today we can describe level of Tunguska investigations as level of increasing of accuracy of numerical solution. Main difficulty of explanation and accurate description of the Tunguska event is very expensive unsteady 3-D mathematical modelling. Till now we combine mathematical model as several different modules, which explain main stages of the event. Some of these modules are already three-dimensional, but some of them one- or two-dimensional (quasi two-dimensional or quasi three-dimensional). Certainly, we have already obtained good results and conclusions with these level of approximation. However, the case of Tunguska comet impact require only full unsteady 3-D mathematical modelling for accurate description of all features of the catastrophe.

Now is absolutely clear, that phenomenon of comet's nucleus impact has a lot of differences from ordinary impact events, caused by stony or iron meteorites. Another parameters and physical processes are being carried out during destruction of comet's nucleus in atmosphere. Another consequences are being discovered during investigations of impact region. Another mathematical models describe comet impact event. Unusual processes and consequences makes difficult for understanding such phenomenon as comet nucleus impact. That is why a lot of researchers had a lot of problems with solution of paradox of the Tunguska meteorite.

www.orc.ru...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
read this and u will find ur answer maybe

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I also heard that arounf the so-called impact spot, it has the only living plants within the blast radius. I think this is an even bigger mystery of what happened than one actually struck. I think it was some kind of geographic phenomena that han't been seen before.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
latest release from Russia on it,

www.nexusmagazine.com...

Michael

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
interesting article Ark-Angel, don't know whether I believe it though.

who

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Very interesting article Ark-Angel! If it is true, then its nice to see a government that has decided to stop hidding the truth from the world and finally come clean. I would love to know more about the installation they are refering to, that would be really interesting.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
damnit i posted the link first

Anyways...good work Ark Angel

In Russia they're more open about things such as UFO's, aliens, space exploration, etc.

Now this guy has 2 bosses above him that he has to report to, and the next guy up is President Putin.

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
DaRage,

What can I say great minds think alike, I found other Nations also more open to talking about UFO's or for that matter stranger than fiction. What Nation was it Denmark that had military talking about the triangular craft seen over their country?
Russia stopped using their Shuttle and I wonder if it has to do with them in on something the rest of us can only dream about. Something about us going to the Moon and them knowing about it, always heard how ufo's were spotted by our people going, on the surface and on the way back.
Perhaps one of these days well be let in on the secret.

Michael

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Anywho, Telsa was tryiing to prove to someone that he wasn't lying about his invention. They said he didn't have it and for some reason someone in the committe or whatever was going to the North Pole. He told them to watch the sky on a certain night. Well, that same night this happened. They saw nothing but when they came back and heard the news they didn't believe Tesla still. He didn't shoot down anythiing, it was just his weapon hit to land. He claimed it was going to be massivley powerful, just unreal powerful.

So why did they waste 50 years on Nukes? Why use B-52's instead of the Tesla weapon?

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Saw the story on this a number of years back. A Russian scientist was able to figure closely the able of approach and altitude at the time of detonation. He ran a simulation where he was able to reproduce the butterfly (i believe that was the shape) pattern left in the trees. This also duplicated the trees left standing in the middle of the blast area which at first could not be explained.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
governments in the west can learn from the openness that Russia has experienced since Gorbachev started Glasnost all those years ago.

It's great to see a government being so open about these sort of things. It will be interesting to see what developments come out of Russia in the near future.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I read in our newspaper about 1 week ago that scientists who have been studying the tunguska event, have said they have found some remains of an alien device and believe that this alien device may have caused the blast.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join