It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden picks Kamala Harris as running mate

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: testing123

There is a Union that endorses Trump?

Police union...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: testing123

Police union...

The Democrats aren't worried about losing that one. They hate cops anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's never the right time to put this quote box up..
but it's probably a good time for THE reminder, it's true.

With this move, I'm also convinced the platform is by
definition turned radical communist. Uncle Nikita would
be proud... a compromised old puppet making way for
another radicalized Trotskyite. Хорошо сыграно, DNC:
or whoever. Time to can some beets.. I smell a Florida
coming again, but bigger and more in the facial.

Two things scare me : how many "normal" people would just
sit back and let them steal the Oval office? By now, the
confidence remains as high as a Broomfield sugar buzz.
Lastly, how many people that influenced this decision can
believe it's going to help their presumed front runner?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Sniff & Blow Show

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Lumenari
Because she will not bring in the all-important black vote for Biden.

She doesn't have to, Trump will. Anyone who thinks Trump will get more than 10% of the black vote is watching too much FOX News.

Or just talking to black people.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   

She doesn't have to, Trump will. Anyone who thinks Trump will get more than 10% of the black vote is watching too much FOX News.

Insider Black here, no! 10% is perhaps waay too high.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Speak for yourself.

I personally don't know a black person that is voting Democrat this time.

Although actually being black, perhaps you think you know the minds of all black people in the US...

And ETA...

WTF is an "insider black?"

~confuzzled~
edit on 12-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Although actually being black, perhaps you think you know the minds of all black people in the US...

He does, although that has more to do with being liberal than it does being black. Liberals think all black people think the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Speak for yourself.

And ETA...

~confuzzled~

Me! a black from the inside..😀

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The only look I remember seeing on a lot of their faces was a look of confusion. They didn't seem to know what they were doing, almost like a mentality of "if I don't move, the enemy can't see me". The team I went with was very well organized, but after nearly being killed because of the NATO guys mistakes, there was a lot of talk of losing them to "friendly fire". Let's just say jumping out of an APC in a possible ambush situation isn't a good idea. Especially if you're just looking around like the proverbial monkey with a football.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Not blaming Trump for Covid, just his response to it, because he didn't take it serious, a lot of folks did the same, he thought it was fake so many Ppl followed his premise.

Here again, what could he have done better? He implemented a travel ban from China January 29th, and Biden immediately attacked it as "racist." He assembled a Task Force team to handle the virus about the same time. There were only a handful of cases in the US at the time. When the virus broke out in New York, Trump's team sprang into action to find New York enough PPE and ventilators to handle the expected number of hospitalizations... which never came. Trump sped up the refit of the Navy hospital ship Comfort beyond what "experts" said was possible to get it deployed to New York ASAP.

Now let's look at what New York did: About half of the deaths came from nursing homes in the state, after Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed an Executive Order to force them to accept virus-positive patients and at the same time refused to provide them with PPE. Cuomo made statements that New Yorkers should go on with their lives and not worry about the virus, stronger statements than Trump made, claiming that New York was invulnerable to this virus. After the outpouring of help from medical workers, a Navy ship, charities setting up makeshift hospitals to absorb the load, New York tried to go after those medical workers for taxes they didn't realize would be levied, tried to contaminate the Comfort with the virus despite it being there specifically to take on non-viral patients, and vilified those charities that set up field hospitals because they didn't employ enough LGBTQRSTUVwhatever.

Biden has stated that New York should be the model for going forward. He gave a 7-step plan for what he would have done differently... and every single step had already been done by Trump. Apparently he would have just waited longer.

Trumps Economy is Trump's Economy, taking nothing away, he did good, but he inherited a stable one he could build on, Obama inherited Bush's economy which was fk-ed and in near collapse.

I don't know where you got that idea... when Trump announced he was running, I remember businesses closing left and right, heavy unemployment, seemed like everyone was on food stamps, and if even a grunt job opened up, there would be 100 people applying for every job. Incidentally, those grunt jobs were all minimum wage, part-time so the companies didn't have to pay insurance.

I will agree Obama inherited a mess from Bush. But Trump inherited the same mess from Obama. Obama didn't make any real improvement that I saw in 8 years; under Trump, I saw improvement within 6 months and a booming economy within 2 years.

Maybe things were different where you were, but here... people were going hungry under Obama.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

The police union does. Biden has already said he wants to defund them out of a job.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I have met a few black folk who will likely vote Democrat. Not that many though. Around here, I'd put it at 70/30 Trump over Biden, and widening that gap every day. Probably different in the city, but I'd still guess at 50/50.

Got one black guy about a mile from me that came up to use my welder the other day... he is adamant about loving Donald Trump! That was about all he could talk about.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I stand corrected.

Trump is going to have the greatest black turnout in history. The greatest. Blacks love him more than Lincoln. He's the greatest President for Blacks in the country's history.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie
It's never the right time to put this quote box up..

Except there's no evidence Thomas ever said that.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
My computer crashed oddly enough when I wrote a post I had an epiphany the right, left, and non voters will reunite and take down the establishment.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I stand corrected.

Trump is going to have the greatest black turnout in history. The greatest. Blacks love him more than Lincoln. He's the greatest President for Blacks in the country's history.

Or it could be somewhere in between. It's strange how your brain only lets you think in binary choices. There's this thing called nuance. Trump even getting 15% of the black vote would be a huge change.

Over 16 million black voters turned out in the 2016 election. Trump only got 6% of their votes, a hair under a million votes. If the turnout is the same and he got 15% of the black vote, that's almost 2.5 million votes. ~1.5 million more votes than in 2016.

Now, that's a big if. And I realize you've been told to think Trump has made 0 gains into the black vote. I'd be shocked if he got 15%, that's an extreme example. But there's no way it's as low as 2016 this time around. Reminder, Trump won by about 80,000 votes in 3 states in 2016. You don't need swings of a million, a million and a half votes to swing the election.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Or it could be somewhere in between. It's strange how your brain only lets you think in binary choices. There's this thing called nuance. Trump even getting 15% of the black vote would be a huge change.

Because in this case the poster I was replying to thinks anecdotally relating that they spoke to some Black people means Trump is going to magically surpass his pitiful support from 2016.

Trump isn't getting 15%, Trump isn't even going to get 10%, he'll be lucky to get what he did last time.

ETA: Oh, and the hyperbolic s*** that I was saying is exactly what the retard Trump said. Do you disagree with Cheetolini that he's a better President for Blacks than Lincoln? That he isn't the greatest President for Blacks in the country's history?

edit on 13-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Speak for yourself.

And ETA...

~confuzzled~

I saw a black person yesterday.
He was at my country club...so I know he's voting Trump.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Lol
Someone found the stonecutters ceremonial wine early this morning.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join