It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 NCAA atheletes are found to have rare heart condition linked to corona virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I think this thing with the heart is something to keep an eye on ...they are not sure how long the inflamation will last or if it will go away at some point....I have said before the affect with blood clotting and heart inflamation...if these people catch a flu down the line will they be more sick more at risk??? I think it is worth keeping an eye on

5 big ten athletes ( not necessarily football players) have myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) I want to add Michigan state is doing a great job 11 positive tests out of 893 total including 3 after return to campus 2 positive tests in the last 417 administered and zero positive in the last 353 tests given....

One German study found that 78 percent of patients who recovered from COVID-19 were left with structural changes to their heart, and 76 of the 100 survivors showed signs of the kind of damage a heart attack leaves.

here is the nitty gritty of this group of 100

Fifty of the study participants were healthy prior to contracting coronavirus. Another 57 who were otherwise similar (in terms of age, race and gender) had risk factors for heart problems.

The researchers could see signs of heart damage in MRIs taken of 78 out of the 100 survivors.

Nearly as many - 76 percent - had high levels of a protein called troponin, comparable to what is seen in a person who has suffered a heart attack.

Sixty of the participants had signs of heart inflammation, even though it had been 71 days, on average, since they'd been diagnosed with coronavirus.
[...]

edit on 11-8-2020 by research100 because: spelling

edit on Tue Aug 11 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED and trimmed quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Tue Aug 11 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: more tags added.....please use them in the future

edit on 11-8-2020 by research100 because: removed the word "is"

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

its a f... bad virus.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Honestly the Daily Mail is about as useless as any media out there...sounds like to me it's moving the pardon the pun "goal posts" now that the lethality of COVID is minuscule compared to predictions.

Big Ten had to have a reason for cancelling, above liability issues. BINGO here ya go. An enlarged heart is not that uncommon it's likely a condition they already had
edit on 11-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I wonder if these issues were already present in the athletes but had never been diagnosed?

They are examining athletes with much more scrutiny than they were before covid 19.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It's linked to corona virus

Given the financing, Invariably everything can be linked to the Corona to one degree or another ...

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Infoshill

LOL I've heard COVID cause male pattern baldness LOL. Yep if you want to get noticed in the medical or health industry just say COVID.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Ya I had a nice time with doc yesterday about this exact thing. I guess I am lucky as I just have to change my diet even more similar to someone that has had a heart attack. No bid deal though.
My best wishes for others that have to do the same.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Personally, I am not surprised by this article. I already know 2 people who are friends of mine that have had demontrable heart damage from COVID-19. It sent one into atrial fibrillation, and the other now has chest pain when she tries to go up stairs, or walk up hill, and needs to rest. I think empirically she probably has myocarditis, though she doesn't want to get it checked out, because she doesn't have extra money for healthcare, and no insurance currently. I would definitely recommend to not get this virus, if you can avoid it, but it isn't like people have much choice *shrug*.

ADDENDUM: The second friend of mine mentioned had 'EKG abnormalities showing heart damage' back when she had COVID-19, and it has been months since then, and yet her symptoms persist.

edit on 11-8-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: added an addendum

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Next month it will be, "COVID-19 is linked to Penis shrinkage!"

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

At that point I'll take it much more seriously!

Pray they never find a virus that does that! Turn every male on the planet
into a blubbering trembling cowardly mass.
edit on 11-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This right here is what people are missing. Everyone is focusing on the death rate that they don't consider any long lasting issues from contracting covid. These athletes are not the only ones with heart or kidney issues after becoming infected with covid.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

If it did there would be a cure in 2 weeks and everyone would be wearing a mask.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Wow that's such a Mandela moment, I could have sworn that already happened.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: Infoshill

LOL I've heard COVID cause male pattern baldness LOL. Yep if you want to get noticed in the medical or health industry just say COVID.

So true! Next they will be blaming halitosis on covid.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I just had to say Marlene, that I adore your hair.

a reply to: Peeple

RE the covid heart thing its an obvious side effect. Question is, is this study valid enough to say that 3/4 will have lasting heart effects?
I hope not.
I don't wear a mask outside anymore since I can just distance. I just go for walks and normal stuff.
I only wear it in stores.
Even at work we only wear it when we 'get up from our desk and walk around' but when we are sitting there about 10 feet away from someone else (50% capacity) he could still sneeze on me. I guess over the monitor. Anyway.
no one knows jack.

Edit to say I love the snarky comment as much as the next man , I do it myself but, a lot of reeks of fear. Denial. etc.
edit on 11/8/2020 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It doesn't state if all those people were asymptomatic or required earlier medical attention. I think that this is really important because this either means that most of the people will be damaged or only those with heavy symptoms are at risk.
edit on 11-8-2020 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
you are so right!!!! back to serious.....the long term effects for people who didn't get very sick...well this was a new virus hence the name novel corona virus glad they are looking to see ...this could be really bad down the road.

to the poster above me..yes would like to see more info how sick were they etc etc.....more article come out with more info we can add to this thread...it is something to keep an eye on

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: CraftyArrow

If it did there would be a cure in 2 weeks and everyone would be wearing a mask.

edit on 11-8-2020 by research100 because: added paragraph

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

originally posted by: carsforkids

My health care provider told me that I should get tested for "the covid" after I told him I had a "Mandela Moment". It is one of the symptoms after all. Everything is a friggen symptom to "the covid".

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I would've noticed.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Went to my doctor today have been there a lot these past 35-40 days asked the girls at the reception why they were no longer taking temperatures when a patient comes in? She rolled her eyes and said in 30 days they didn't have one person sick. This office handles 10 doctors in Fulton county Georgia. Asked my doctor about COVID she said my weight and blood pressure are much more concerns.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join