It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellfire 9X

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
this is a video of a variant of the hellfire that has no explosive warhead, but in its place are 6 razor sharp hardened blades pop out and blend the target with a combination of KE and the blades.

I saw pictures a few years ago of a VIP convoy that was hit by these things and it looked rather nasty, but there is no collateral damage so thats a plus.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A long range laser guided or self guiding broadhead. Doesn't harm the surroundings. Nice.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Very interesting. They should line it with ball bearings or shotgun pellets too for some extra oomph.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why use a low collateral missle on a single vehicle in the desert unless they wanted it revealed or wanted to make sure it was the right person or wanted to have his remains offer a new visual.

Using a ninja bomb doesn't change the fact we executed a foreign national in there country without a trial - in this case it seems necessary but so many others not so much. IDK if making death easier with less bad publicity is really the move for the US.

I'd imagine that anyone who saw the mess left is pissed.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

dont build and sell IED's or lead the men planting them and you dont have to worry about getting sliced and diced

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I always liked the idea of a microscopic smart missile that can shoot through a target's head ripping through their body killing em without leaving telltale signs of the attack

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

dont build and sell IED's or lead the men planting them and you dont have to worry about getting sliced and diced

I'm all for punishing muslim extremists - where my wife is from, which is a muslim country if you are "too muslim" they send you off to the concentration camps in china.

But I live in a country that has no problems calling sneak attacks cowardly and then does them everyday. Those IED are to drive out invaders from there perspective so which is more just?

If we are willing to kill, we should also be willing to die to do it, personal feeling.

Or maybe I just like the visuals of hearing some religious leader calling death to America right before he hears the sounds of a fleet of b52's.
edit on 13-8-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Oh my now that is a very personal purpose missile .

Imagine being in the area when this thing hit a specific target ouch.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

i never said anything about a museum or any religion or creed

people building and selling bombs or vests or belts are real bad dudes who mame innocents in the name of a 'god' they cant even draw.

but back on point any one building devices that kill and mame innocents will not get any tears from me when they are exterminated

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
A long range laser guided or self guiding broadhead. Doesn't harm the surroundings. Nice.

The problem is, one we wasted a lot of money to do something that could be done with what we already have.

Two, this weapon does not hide who ordered the hit. Several have been used and it instantly brought blowback. Some better missiles are less obvious to terrorists of where they came from.

If you hang around with crap long enough your bound to get it on you.

Wasting millions to be nice in war just makes it easier for the people in charge to proceed with it.

This is one thing I love about Trump. He understands the true cost of bombing the crap out of these weaker nations.

Case in point when Iran shot down our most expensive drone. The Global hawk. It peeved me and I know every General in the Pentagon wanted war but as Trump said. Over 100 people would have died just because some idiot leader told them to shoot it down.

If you want to stop these nations from messing with the US you have to set an example every 100 years. Let's say Iran shoots a missile into any of our bases or embassy in Iraq.

That is when you go bomb the ever loving crap out of them. Start just like Desert Storm and don't stop till they surrender. When they do, don't send in one dam soldier. Let the people figure it out. They will faster than we rebuilt Iraq.

You can't go wasting millions just for the excuse of being nicer in war when you have millions of homeless people here at home that could use help. It's criminal that they do. Bring our troops back home while retaining the best Navy and Airforce the world has ever seen for one reason. To have the ability to defend our nation or go kick the crap out of any nation that starts a fight with our friends.

posted on Nov, 15 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RudeMarine

if you want to take a car load of people out in the middle of a neighborhood or busy street any HE would cost allot of innocent people their lives.

send in one of these non explosive munitions and they can hit targets in the middle of the street and other than shrapnel from the car very little collateral damage if any would occur

hell you could even send this missile into a building and take out a target and leave the building more or less intact

or we could just drop a 500LB JDAM, DIME or SDB into a crowd of people and kill everybody....seems like the new ginsu hellfire is a better option

use the right tool for the job.
edit on 15-11-2020 by penroc3 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join