It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These terrible slave owners in USA and the profits made from slaves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
is it correct that ......Owning another person like property is wrong?

What should we do with people who owned slaves in the past? Burn their statues? Burn every book that his/her name in it? Destroy their families lives?

Should we simply ignore these slaves owners who today are rich?

Should we take over these large plantations today?

We know George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other whites who owned black slaves BUT what about blacks in USA who owned slaves and who owned slave plantations? What about these black men and their families who owned and operated black slave plantations? I have not heard a SINGLE word by ANYONE about these horrible, terrible, wicked BLACK PEOPLE who owned slaves in USA during slavery.

William ELLISON, a black man in the 1800's owned many slaves and had many plantations. Why he even purchased Southern war bonds and fought for the south to preserve slavery.

What about Nat BUTLER, Justus Angel And Mistress L. Horry, Widow C. Richards And Son P.C. Richards, The Pendarvis Family, Marie Therese Metoyer, Antoine Dubuclet, and Anthony Johnson-

ALL BLACK ...... ALL SLAVE OWNERS..... to name only a few.....

So is this a racism thing? White people and black slaves? Because history shows something other than racism unless we want to tie these black people and their families today of crimes committed concerning slavery. Let me tell you some of those listed above treated their slaves just as bad as the white people did ...... so why mention only white people and slavery as bad when the black man did the same to his only people.

Do not think for a minute these are the only ones in USA that owned black slaves. MANY of these black slave owners had more slaves than most white slave owners and they also had white slaves to boot!

White slavery is called servitude ...... black slavery is called evil.

So what are w going to do about these evil black men and black women who owned slaves in USA in the 1800's?

New history books? NEVER will happen.

Maybe a few movies on the subject? NEVER will happen.

Why if this gets out, ..... the internet (Google) will scrubb and wipe this data off the net....like so many other facts....

So racism is bad if you are white but OK if you are black slave owner?

All I hear from white people...... I am scared.......

Grow up and stop being a little girl. No wonder white people are looked down on as pussies.....

Racism is all about being white........

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
nice find

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Its a brave new world aint it. Apparently the US was founded in 1619 now. Its going to be taught in skool next year.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
None of this matters. Trump caused slavery, end of story. If you vote for Trump you vote for racism.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Those damn rich west Africans Lolo

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This OP is proof of black racism ..........

LISTEN TO THE SILENCE...............

edit on 10-8-2020 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Anthony Johnson was the very first slave owner in America. He was a black man.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe they were all asshats...

I feel so bad for all of the trauma that americans are constantly being forced to endure. It seems to be taking it's toll on the publics psyche. I don't know how how it feels inside of that fire, but it's looking pretty bad from the outside.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
So......... they were asshats and the white man was racist?

Sounds like a racist statement you made.

onlyyyyy saying ..... those were your words, not mine.

See how easy this game can change?

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Maybe they were all asshats...

I feel so bad for all of the trauma that americans are constantly being forced to endure. It seems to be taking it's toll on the publics psyche. I don't know how how it feels inside of that fire, but it's looking pretty bad from the outside.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

most people are aware of this, not sure why you think this is new news, perhaps you are young (lucky you) or its the first time you have heard of black slave owners but I am pretty sure there will be others like myself who were taught this at school

it appears that google already knows also

google search - black slave owners
edit on 10-8-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

aye very interesting , but like I said , lets focus on the slave market today and not from 300 years ago

human trafficking AKA slavery is alive and well

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I meant "all" as in "all slave owners" were asshats.

I think that malice/indifference within these people was the real problem, not necessarily "racism" specifically.

I get that you're joshin' me, but I still wanted to clarify

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

The first slaves arrived in The Virginia Colony in 1619. Johnson was aged 19 at that time, and was himself a slave until 1635.

I think you need to check your facts.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Listen up BLM terrorist...... I did NOT make this quote yet you drag me into quote. Mark08 made the comment.

Put down the matches and look to attack another whitey....

This white man does not play well with haters and racists.

You

originally posted by: alldaylong

The first slaves arrived in The Virginia Colony in 1619. Johnson was aged 19 at that time, and was himself a slave until 1635.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Listen up BLM terrorist...... I did NOT make this quote yet you drag me into quote. Mark08 made the comment.

You

A polite question if i may ?

Are you insane ?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Another whiney BLM supporter in the U.K.

I bet he is white too OR from some broken down racists middle east country sucking off UK taxpayers.

You

Are you insane ?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Another whiney BLM supporter in the U.K.

I bet he is white too OR from some broken down racists middle east country.

You

Are you insane ?

Maybe i should class you as a White Supremacist. Are you ok with that ?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

So it's ok the be a black slave owner so long as he wasn't the first one? I see.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

a reply to: alldaylong

So it's ok the be a black slave owner so long as he wasn't the first one? I see.

There are some very strange people on ATS of late.

They like to assume peoples thoughts, ideas and beliefs without a shred of credible evidence.

I will put you on the list.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Another white person trying to understand slavery, but says black people are bad they owned slaves too!
Accept the past, accept that mostly white people made a fortune off the backs of slaves and most still have that wealth!
I'm white but I can understand that anger.

America had a civil war and one of the many causes was the right to own slaves, their great Constitution says "all men are created equal" except they decided white was a bit more equal than the others so segregation replaced slavery not freedom.
Imagine how it would feel never knowing where you're originally from, what your original name was?
Having relatives who remember being treated as second class citizens, who couldn't sit at a restaurant or drink from a fountain or sit on a bus if a white person was standing?
Americas criminal justice system is broken and so is the police, so being black means you probably did it, right?

It's not all the "white mans" fault but a lot of it is so I really can understand the anger.
What's worrying is how we've all become enslaved now to giant corporations, individuals with ridiculous amounts of money and politicians who only care about personal gain and has no idea how the average person lives.
edit on 10-8-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join