It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Republic's Matt Farwell talks to Elizondo, DeLonge, and Justice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
NEW REPUBLIC - THE SOAPBOX, August 10, 2020.

"Tom DeLonge's Warped UFO Tour"

newrepublic.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Planetarian

His take on the matter appears to be the same as most everyone else's...

I left that day excited but confused. I was having trouble decoding signal from noise. I wanted to believe their pitch, though I didn’t quite understand what it was. Thinking back on it, on DeLonge and his assembled rockstars of the American extraterrestrial research movement, they stopped being funky weird rebels bucking a #ed-up system to me. They’re up to something else. I can’t put my finger on it entirely. These guys are upfront, I think, about what they know but less so about what they are really up to, why they’re working together.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Here is something that Elizondo has admitted to more than once...

Elizondo left the Pentagon in October 2017, he said, over the military’s secrecy and inertia. During his tenure, one senior Defense Intelligence Agency official in particular expressed discomfort with investigation of UFOs because the official, a staunch Christian, felt the evidence suggested UFO’s were demonic. Crazy as it may sound, Elizondo’s stories certainly gave the DIA executive’s conclusions a whiff of plausibility.

In one instance, a staff officer came home from a mission, went to their apartment, and fell asleep in the bedroom. The officer’s roommate experienced what can only be described as poltergeist phenomena—mostly books flying off shelves—serious enough that the police were called. That case, Elizondo told me, posed an only-in-the-Pentagon bureaucratic problem: There’s no way for a service member to qualify for a service-connected disability based on demonic possession, poltergeist inhabitation, or spontaneous close-encounter telekinesis. He told me this story while flirting with the bartender and encouraging me to eat appetizers.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
THE REAL REASON BEHIND ALL OF THE SECRECY? NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING FOR SURE!

In Elizondo's own words from April 2019 and posted on "To The Stars Academy" website...

But, if Mother Nature has taught us one thing, the answer may not be an “either-or” calculus. Some of the other possibilities could include a foreign adversarial technology, a multi-dimensional capability, or even a spatial-temporal aspect that we have yet to discover. And of course, as much as I disagree with the idea, it could have a spiritual/religious relevance. As unsettling as the idea may be, it is still a possibility.

UAPs are perhaps the greatest enigma we face in our modern times. As such, it is imperative we approach the issue with objectivity and open-mindedness in order that we don’t prematurely rule out a possible origin. Ultimately, this mystery may not have an either-or answer and may truly be far more bizarre than we ever thought possible.

dpo.tothestarsacademy.com... k

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Funny that zondo would talk about religious implications. Because according to a good source, should that be where the evidence leads to, there will not be any disclosure.

Caveat emptor

Trust nothing that comes down the pipe

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have always thought the ufo phenom is mixed up with all sorts of paranormal, quasi religious, interdimensional matrix, and basically dealing with an new physics; Not even sure if physics is the right word. In fact I'm not even sure if our animalistic, primitive mind is capable of understanding whatever the f;;k it is. Perhaps some mystics can get a glimpse of it....

imo Tom De and his band of AM radio, filmmaker charlatans are more interested in marketing BS rather than serious investigation. It's all just a marketing charade.
edit on 10-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

That's probably why To The Stars is becoming so vague on their mission, but I think the evidence of where they are taking their organization is becoming obvious. If you go to their website, on June 22nd, they released a statement that they were working on a six part docu-series surrounding that very topic...

Monday June 22, 2020

Wahpeton Dakota Nation Signs Agreement to be Featured in Documentary Series Developed by Tom DeLonge’s To The Stars Academy

An MOU has been signed between Wahpeton Dakota Nation (WDN), Wahpeton Dakota Developments (WDD) and San Diego-based To The Stars Academy of Arts & Science (TTSA) to develop a six-part docuseries focusing on Dakota Wichoh’an, including their culture, history, traditions, spirituality, and the development of a video library.

“We are excited about this opportunity to record and share our Dakota Wichoh’an for future generations and others,” said John Waditaka, Chief of WDN. “Our people are proud of our Dakota Wichoh’an, and our contributions to mankind, and it is important to us that our traditions and sacred beliefs are accurately represented to others and maintained from generation to generation. This MOU gives us an opportunity to work with an experienced and professional partner on this important initiative for our Nation.”

and last, but not least...

The docuseries will focus on topics such as creation stories, history of the WDN people, and Ptesanwin (White Buffalo Calf Woman) who brought the original Chanupa (Pipe) and Seven Rites to the Dakota Oyate such as Inipi (Sweat Lodge ceremonies), Hambdesheya (Vision Quest) and Chanupa Opache (Pipe Ceremony). WDN will review and approve all footage before airing to protect certain sacred ceremonies. Pre-production is anticipated to begin Spring 2021.

home.tothestarsacademy.com...-pom-block-2561

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

imo Tom De and his band of AM radio, filmmaker charlatans are more interested in marketing BS rather than serious investigation.

I think they've taken up serious investigating, I just don't think it's leading them the direction they thought it would. Now they know why the government has been so quiet about it.

DeLonge has been dropping hints in the spiritual direction for a long time. All you have to do is look at the name of his band, Angels and Airwaves, not to mention the titles of the books that he's been writing and publishing.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Planetarian

TTS has moved the ball down the field in terms of the information-sharing capacity of Military witnesses and congress. Reports go directly to specific oversight commiteess beyond the military,instead of stove-piping within the compartmentalized world of Navy/Army Intel Security. This is a huge leap forward.

Does TTSA know more than they are telling? Highly likely. The effort is rolled out in steps to maximize credibility and public trust. So far they've delivered. The proper building blocks need to be put in place to set a foundation for what is coming next. Probably additional witnesses and materials to be analyzed.

The real question is: How much proof is enough? If they rolled out a real piece of an ET craft, there would be a million reasons for the skeptics to mark it as fake, foreign tech, conspiracy, etc. Too many pitfalls right now.

edit on 10-8-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision
The real question is: How much proof is enough? If they rolled out a real piece of an ET craft, there would be a million reasons for the skeptics to mark it as fake, foreign tech, conspiracy, etc.

I've heard people say this thousands of times, but you know what? It hasn't happened yet. Somebody presents me with that kind of evidence, I'll give it the same appraisal as any claim. If they have the actual, verifiable proof? Groovy. But until then, just like so many other UFO fans, I'm still waiting.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Fair enough. However, you have yet to establish any guildlines for what you will accept as 'proof'. If I show you a metallic object that, when analyzed, reads as having pure elements not found on a biosensor, and an atomic alignment that can only be made in the vacuum of space, would that be enough for you? Or would you simply dismiss it as foreign tech? You see where I'm going?

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Steve Justice:

“Now, there’s a lot of storytelling that can be done while we bring up the science end of it and the aerospace end, but it’s the fusion of those three that’s the real powerful element, and it’s hard to describe to people.”

Indeed it was. I left that day excited but confused.

I am most curious about the "science end of it". This would be good enough as proof for me. And it would be the most beneficial thing for our common future.
Nothing against a handshake with Skinny Bob, but that can wait if he is too shy.

top topics

join