It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

That is what annoys me, I love to converse with people who have opposing view points as it makes me re-evaluate my own beliefs but when people are just hysterical and have vague, emotionally driven reasons.

Even if somebody said it's because they think he's working the Russians (hoax, i know) because of a and b which has c and d outcome and they consider him a traitor I'd take that over racist, says mean things, has stupid hair, is an oompa loompa etc. - that to me says mass programming and group think.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'm a Trump supporter.

I'm posting to say that leftists get triggered too easily.

Yours sincerely, 95% of the thread's participants.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
I'm a Trump supporter.

95% of the threads participants are trump supporters...lol, well played.
edit on 10-8-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Christ.

White House aides reached out to South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem last year about the process of adding additional presidents to Mount Rushmore, the New York Times reported.

According to a person familiar who spoke with the Times, Noem then greeted Trump when he arrived in the state for his July Fourth celebrations at the monument with a four-foot replica of Mount Rushmore that included his face.

Noem has noted before Trump's "dream" to have his face on Mount Rushmore, the Coolidge-era sculpture that features the 60-foot-tall faces of Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.

According to a 2018 interview with Noem, the two struck up a conversation about the sculpture in the Oval Office during their first meeting, where she initially thought he was joking. "I started laughing," she said. "He wasn't laughing, so he was totally serious."

Source

I mean I got somewhat of a laugh out of reading this earlier. I was imagining his smug face on that mountain. I'm sure this idea will get any Trump supporter wet and no doubt he'd have their undying support (both in and outside the partisan closet).

This was originally from the New York Times and supposedly comes directly from South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem herself (then a representative):

Mount Trumpmore? It's the president's 'dream,' Rep. Kristi Noem says

Noem, who is running for South Dakota Governor in the Republican primary in June, relayed the story to Vermillion native Mitchell Olson while the two were filming a segment for Olson's South Dakota edition of carpool karaoke.

A spokesperson for the White House didn't respond to an email asking to verify the story and whether or not Trump aims to be carved onto Mount Rushmore.

What more can I say? He wanted that $90 million plus military parade he could show off back in 2018 and didn't get his way then. Wouldn't hold this past him at all.

Fake news. The president didn't contact anyone regarding having his face put on Rushmore. He said it would be cool if it happened...he wins re-election, brings this economy back and stays out of any more wars his face on Rushmore might just be something to talk seriously about.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

You seriously are pathetic, disengenuos, and repulsive all in one with this post.

You provided only an opinion piece with absolutely zero credibility to substantiate your asinine assumptions pushed forward in the title.

The DNC is running out of money, I'd cash those checks you get paid as soon as possible.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

"I'd ask whether or not you think I will someday be on Mount Rushmore, but here's the problem: If I did it joking, totally joking, having fun, the fake news media will say 'he believes he should be on Mount Rushmore,'" he said.

"So I won't say it, OK? I won't say it."

You should read your own sources.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well I say let's wait for a Democrat cancel culture opinion on why Washington and Jefferson (both slave owners) should remain !!

Why aren't Democrats shouting about the slave thing ?

Hmmmm 😆😆😆😶

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: RAY1990
I'm a Trump supporter.

95% of the threads participants are trump supporters...lol, well played.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Any conservative that supports this immediately revokes their right to complain about government spending EVER again.

With the Trump deficit in full effect, no conservative anywhere can ever raise their voice about any kind of debt, ever again.

Conservatives are the least fiscally responsible party in the history of anything.
edit on 10-8-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Clearly someone didn't read the (D) proposed bill...

lol

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: underwerks

Clearly someone didn't read the (D) proposed bill...

lol

You’ve got your head buried so far up Trumps rear end you have spray tan on your face.

Note: U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin told Congress Wednesday that the Trump administration intends to keep secret the names of the businesses that have received more than $500 billion in COVID-19 bailout funds through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), claiming the information is “confidential.” Even by the Trump administration’s infinitesimally low standards for accountability and oversight, this announcement was jaw-dropping.

Link

Not only did he authorize the biggest tax dollar payout in the history of the country, more than any Democratic proposal, he also made sure that the recipients of it were kept secret.

I’m sure that totally above board though. Trust the government.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Any conservative that supports this immediately revokes their right to complain about government spending EVER again.

With the Trump deficit in full effect, no conservative anywhere can ever raise their voice about any kind of debt, ever again.

Conservatives are the least fiscally responsible party in the history of anything.

Could you speak with Nancy and Chuck and let them know that Trump is the spendy one, and they should not be trying to use extortion to fund pork projects for asshole democrats? Thanks in advance!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

OP is the end result of a lifetime of Democrat propaganda.

A drone that can no longer think for themselves.

Many such cases. Sad.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well, if they're ever going to add another person, it might as well be one who has fought tooth and nail for the American people, one who actually puts this country first instead of selling us out to foreign countries, and one who has lived up to his promises.

What's the problem here? (I'm not wet, BTW)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Because both Bushes were indeed Neo-Cons which is Neo (or New) Conservative...which is double speak for Progressive.

Songbird McCain was a Neo-Con.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
This truly is a non event, a total media beat up
I find it funny how easily people are set off by nothing, both sides

I was going to say the same thing, how easily some are triggered.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yup... If he only used that power to control the daily u.s. msm for good.... He was given a super power and uses it like a drunken fool.
edit on 10-8-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

There's a difference between cutting spending so you don't add to the deficit and raising taxes to offset additional spending to do the same thing. There are areas each spend more than the other. Your claim is false.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I'm all for this but I don't think it goes far enough. Remove those other four bozos and put a giant image of Trump with Ivanka sitting on his lap. I'd visit that place yearly to see her giant granite boobs.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Bruh

I hope for your feels sake it happens just think how many would off themselves.

Lullerz

Reėęěĕəèééëē

Take those slave masters down, smesh the patriarchy.

You are hilarious

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join