It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   

According to a person familiar who spoke with the Times

Seems legit.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlysyn

Yeah and I bet he said “one day I want to be president”
The woke generation will want to tear down Rushmore now, just because it’s associated with Trump

It’s an eyesore on the landscape anyway

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
This truly is a non event, a total media beat up
I find it funny how easily people are set off by nothing, both sides

It was created by some reporter to poke fun at Trump for people who don't like Trump to laugh at and comment on, sparking conversation about how much they think he sucks.

Whether it's for him or against him, these are the majority of the articles on left and right wing media websites respectively. Articles making Joe Biden look bad for example are popular on right wing media and shared here alot for fun conversation pieces.

In the end, it's all a bunch of sideshow garbage to occupy your time if you enjoy it with your friends. Then, you can give each other stars! Aw man, this broken bull# record is so exciting. I can't wait for the next mud-pit post.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

This truly is a non event

Well thanks for being a part of it, regardless. You weren't forced, but you posted anyway.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

According to a person familiar

How many f#cking times are you going to believe this Bullsh!t?

You're a fool.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: deadlysyn

Yeah and I bet he said “one day I want to be president”
The woke generation will want to tear down Rushmore now, just because it’s associated with Trump

It’s an eyesore on the landscape anyway

I'm pretty sure it was a target anyway.

This article is probably just a paving stone to lubricate the endgame.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You're a fool.

Every. Damn. Time.
Derangement is a dangerous thing.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You're a fool.

Masked profanity is against the TOS.

It offends me, I don't know about anyone else but it's tasteless and vulgar. The other guy is saying the D word too, sigh.
edit on 9-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is the best the News Media can come up with to counter President Trump single-handedly extending unemployment benefits, not allowing evictions, and delaying student loan repayments...while unemployment is high????

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

You're a fool.

Masked profanity is against the TOS.

It offends me, I don't know about anyone else but it's tasteless.

Liar.

You just don't like what I said.

I bet you reported me too.

Cancel culture is sickening...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

as the first source says, Mount Rushmore is a national park/monument, which falls under the United States Department of the Interior, which in turn falls under wait for it... the executive branch.

no need for trump to reach out to the governor. now the funding for such a thing could present a problem, but there are many different funding/ spending accounts that the NPS has that with a stroke of the pen on a EO trump could have the money. but trump is not that brazen.

as for the mentioned statue in the article. after four years of trump i can't believe you still haven't figured him out when it comes to stuff like this. he loves to push people's buttons, especially lefty libtards. the statue was a shot taken at the governor for the 2018 interview.

and before you say it i know she is a republican.

about all she or anybody could do is try and sue if he wanted to have his face put up there.

another thing trump know publicity, so long as he can keep people saying his name and he is always on the news he is always on peoples mind.
all publicity is good publicity even negitive so long as it's not about illegal activity. so keep on talking about him every bit counts.

edit on 9-8-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm down, I mean, why not?

link   
Actually, this was voted on by ATS members in early May of this year.

Thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most of you felt that one day President Trump will be added to Mount Rushmore, but now is too soon. President Trump feels the same way.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
This is the best the News Media can come up with to counter President Trump single-handedly extending unemployment benefits, not allowing evictions, and delaying student loan repayments...while unemployment is high????

You forgot to mention the 7.65% payroll tax cut From September through December, all four months that social security and medicare won't be funded. Liberals are having a # fit over it, those institutions are already weakened or something even though so many people never live to get their social security and the Government takes all of the proceeds.

The way he did this was humorous. It was almost like disciplining both branches of Congress. Democrats don't want payroll tax? I'm doing it. Republicans don't want unemployment benefits over $200? Let's go $400.

The payroll tax cut will fund half of my uber and lyft rides home per month from work because my uncle wrecked my car and liability insurance didnt cover it. I still need a second stimulus to get back on the road though. I hope Congress will pass one despite the executive order. Notice that none of this is Covid-19 related.
edit on 9-8-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Wouldn't hold this past him at all.

No... but you'll sure as hell hold a rumor against him at the first opportunity, won't you?

Amateurish at best.

Wouldn't mind finding out this was more than a rumor. In fact, what the hell, go ahead and start chiseling it at this point purely because of the massive value we'd get as a nation from so many fools choking on their coffees when it was announced.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel
Thanks for reminding me about the Payroll Tax roll-back. That will equal $1,200 of additional money in the pocket of every (under $100k) worker, over the next 4 months.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Most of you felt that one day President Trump will be added to Mount Rushmore, but now is too soon. President Trump feels the same way.

LMAO you're delusional

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

I can't wait to see what excuse Democrats give for suing the Trump Administration, in order to deny this major assistance to Americans in need.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

Np but eh, not quite.

I make $1,100/mo and will get about $100/mo from it. So, for my bottom of the totem pole wages, it's nothing spectacular but it does help.

If I made three times that, I'd get $300/mo, which would equal $1,200.

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

LMAO you're delusional

Thank-you!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join