It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Christ.

White House aides reached out to South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem last year about the process of adding additional presidents to Mount Rushmore, the New York Times reported.

According to a person familiar who spoke with the Times, Noem then greeted Trump when he arrived in the state for his July Fourth celebrations at the monument with a four-foot replica of Mount Rushmore that included his face.

Noem has noted before Trump's "dream" to have his face on Mount Rushmore, the Coolidge-era sculpture that features the 60-foot-tall faces of Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt.

According to a 2018 interview with Noem, the two struck up a conversation about the sculpture in the Oval Office during their first meeting, where she initially thought he was joking. "I started laughing," she said. "He wasn't laughing, so he was totally serious."

Source

I mean I got somewhat of a laugh out of reading this earlier. I was imagining his smug face on that mountain. I'm sure this idea will get any Trump supporter wet and no doubt he'd have their undying support (both in and outside the partisan closet).

This was originally from the New York Times and supposedly comes directly from South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem herself (then a representative):

Mount Trumpmore? It's the president's 'dream,' Rep. Kristi Noem says

Noem, who is running for South Dakota Governor in the Republican primary in June, relayed the story to Vermillion native Mitchell Olson while the two were filming a segment for Olson's South Dakota edition of carpool karaoke.

A spokesperson for the White House didn't respond to an email asking to verify the story and whether or not Trump aims to be carved onto Mount Rushmore.

What more can I say? He wanted that $90 million plus military parade he could show off back in 2018 and didn't get his way then. Wouldn't hold this past him at all.

edit on 9-8-2020 by Southern Guardian because: Typo

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

U mad bro?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Any conservative that supports this immediately revokes their right to complain about government spending EVER again.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

Ah Dashen, the first loyal follower eagerly to his defense. Maybe he'll let you scratch his chin one day because of this. It'd be an honor to behold, I'm sure.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

LOL,

One thing Trump can do quite effectively is keep the media talking about him daily. Throw out a tweet, say some off the wall babble, throw out a comment here and there and he is in the news. Again, and again, and again.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

LOL,

One thing Trump can do quite effectively is keep the media talking about him daily.

He's the President of the United States.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I hope I get to touch a lot more than his chin

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well he does belong up there will all those other racists....lol

I sure like how he owns so much real estate in some peoples heads.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
If he would've got the wall built, then he would've had something to validate his infamous mug being etched into history, forever desecrating a symbol of American History with a 2016-2020 President put on it.

Alas, this was not to be. The hispanic immigrant invasion was never thwarted and we're suffering the consequences. So many people in my neighborhood are dying from drug overdoses and having their homes invaded by Mexican gangs.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

They should have petitioned for Cheyenne Mountain, that way when the peaceful protesters attempt to blow it up with the silent blessings of the democrats, there will be hell toupee' and a shortage of popcorn - all at the same time.

Either way, the most important thing about all of this is the reactions of the Trump hater-cult to such an announcement.

I wanna pump it straight into my veins - its glorious.

Cheers for the hit.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Any conservative that supports this immediately revokes their right to complain about government spending EVER again.

Would that be Federal or State ?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

I hope I get to touch a lot more than his chin

Oh God I just spat out my beer.

I know you're trying to troll yourself here but seriously, it's not productive on your part.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Don't tell me how to live my life

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

There’s only one thing to say about that picture...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

And maybe Biden will let you scratch his balls. Conditions apply, you know, since he likes em young.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This truly is a non event, a total media beat up
I find it funny how easily people are set off by nothing, both sides

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
And on one is going to roast Bunkerboy for that, right?

Like, a couple of years ago you would have gone "INSANITY! HOW COULD HE DARE TO COMPETE WITH THE FOUNDERS!!"

Now... *crickets*

You guys have become apathetic by his constant media-maelstrom! You should have not!

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think the giveaway to that is "according to a person familiar who spoke with the times". That's usually the line that screams "we have no sources because we just made this # up to try to get some kind of ratings".

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
people take the bait far too easily.

you know Trumps sitting in the oval office laughing his a55 off at all the liberals heads exploding... its too easy to make you look so stupid!

PS - Trump doesn't wear a toupee - its a common misconception

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
"While I was taking a piss in a titty bar in DC I heard a person who sounded like someone I had heard while in the shower getting ready listening to CNN on my waterproof speaker......." said the anonymous source from the white house kitchen....

That is the informant.

Uhm...seriously. If some of you have not figured out by now that there are 'leaks' from the POTUS himself you should be ashamed. It has already been discussed that they had to find out who and used them.

Why not???
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002020-08-09T23:20:33-05:001133 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002020-08-09T23:21:14-05:001114 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join