It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memo Shows FBI Lied To Senate About Dossier Source

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Senate Judiciary Committee has released documents about the FBI abuses surrounding the controversial FISA Warrants.

Looks like the many suspicions and conspiracies have been proven true !!

Massive abuse and some creative lying by Mueller Report "testimonies" as well.

Lots of "rectifying" to do by the DOJ. Will they "rectify" or not?

Sen. Lindsey Graham on Sunday released an FBI memo from 2018 that he says shows investigators lied to the Senate about statements that the primary source for the Steele dossier told the FBI regarding the salacious document.

“This document clearly shows that the FBI was continuing to mislead regarding the reliability of the Steele dossier,” Graham said in a statement announcing the release of an eight-page briefing document that the FBI provided to the Senate Intelligence Committee in February 2018.

The memo summarizes what Igor Danchenko, the primary source for dossier author Christopher Steele, told the FBI during interviews in early 2017. Steele relied primarily on Danchenko, a Russia analyst, to collect information for an investigation into Donald Trump’s possible ties to Russia.

Lindsey Graham: Memo Shows FBI Lied To Senate About Dossier Source

LINK--> Documents

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sen. Lindsey Graham on Sunday released an FBI memo from 2018 that he says shows investigators lied to the Senate about statements that the primary source for the Steele dossier told the FBI regarding the salacious document.

That's rich, given that Lindsey Graham knew about the origins of the dossier before almost anyone else!

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., told reporters on Monday that he urged the late Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., to turn over to the FBI a dossier by a former British spy detailing potential connections between Donald Trump's 2016 campaign and the Russian government.

Graham was referring to the document written by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele.

“There were some McCain people who took a piece of garbage and tried to go after Trump after the election. But I told the president it was not John McCain. I know because John McCain showed me the dossier,” said Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee. “And I told him the only thing I know to do with it, it could be a bunch of garbage, it could be true, who knows, turn it over to somebody whose job it is to find out. And John McCain acted appropriately.”

Graham and McCain were tight friends during their Senate service, but they took different approaches to Trump after his election as president.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...
edit on 9-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

If history is anything to go by, the spineless Republicans will do nothing about it.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Mainstream Media declared the CORRUPT Senate Intelligence Committee, led by Richard Burr, as presenting an accurate report. That the Trump-Russia Dossier was legitimate, which made the Mueller Witch Hunt legitimate and worthwhile.

The HONEST House Intelligence Committee, lead by Devin Nunes, said the Dossier was bunk, making Mueller's investigation illegitimate.

Once again, HERO Devin Nunes is proven correct.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

If history is anything to go by, the spineless Republicans will do nothing about it.

Just more hearings. And because they are "on recess" more than they are in Washington (worked 3 weeks between June 24th and September 9th this year), it will take many years for them to file recommendations.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

I find myself leaning right as I get older, but I digress it's hard not to agree with you.

I honestly think the Right is feigning a fight with the Left at best , something is at work here and both the Left and Right are on board with it.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And Democrats eventually walked right into the traps didn't they 😎😎😎😎

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Do you find anything in these documents to be false or inaccurate ? ❌🚬❌

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Since Lindsey Graham read the unredacted document when John McCain gave it to him, before he gave it to the FBI, Lindsey Graham is being disingenuous, at the very least.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Just waiting for a few more of them to enter the room, before the doors are locked.
(By Barr's team of Prosecutors. Not the good-ole-boy Senate.)

edit on 8/9/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The OP is based on the fact that the FBI lied to the Senate about the origins of the content of the dossier.

The fact that Graham had been shown the dossier by McCain isn't relevant.

Try staying on topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Since Lindsey Graham read the unredacted document when John McCain gave it to him, before he gave it to the FBI, Lindsey Graham is being disingenuous, at the very least.

In late June, Lindsey Graham's Senate Judiciary Committee granted him the authority to subpoena 32 Obama Administration officials.

To date, his committee has interviewed TWO. Bruce Ohr and Sally Yates.

Schiff or Nadler would have their suspects lined up in the hallway (or basement) of Congress waiting for their interrorgation.

Lindsey Graham is stalling..hoping Joe Biden is elected. It's obvious to all who have been following him over the past 3 years of Spygate.
edit on 8/9/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What is false or inaccurate ? 🦃

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The OP is based on the fact that the FBI lied to the Senate about the origins of the content of the dossier.

Graham is saying that the FBI wasn't honest with the Senate, of which he is leading member and key committee chair, about WHO the sub source was, and his credibility.

The fact that Graham had been shown the dossier by McCain isn't relevant.

Graham is pinning everything on the assertion that FBI didn't tell them the Steele sub source didn't confirm certain parts of the dossier in an interview, The claims were credited to the informant believed to be Igor Danchenko. We don't know if any other informant did. Apparently there were several.

Please point out the obvious lies the FBI told the Senate from the 8 page, memo...www.judiciary.senate.gov...
because it's not clear tp me what Graham making a fuss about.

Seems to me that this is more about outing the informant, Igor Danchenko, than finding what's true and what isn't true.

Source for Steele discredited anti-Trump dossier outed www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Why does it take them 2 years to release the report? #holes.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Will Muller get the same time Stone was given?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Show me some people getting perp walked and prosecuted.

Doubt it will happen after the lies and destruction of evidence after subpoena that John Kosinen and the IRS did during the Hillary fiasco..... and nothing happened to any of them.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The FBI needs a serious house cleaning or disbanding. They've been bought off by the left and I would'nt trust them to investigate a paper bag.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Why does it take them 2 years to release the report? #holes.

2 years ago wasn't the 2020 election year 😎🚬

99% of EveryThing happening now is a 2020 election tactic 😎🚬

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Will Muller get the same time Stone was given?

Mueller gets the Bueller treatment like last time 😎🚬

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join