It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5G Just Got Weird

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Go for it, i try to back up the things I say with references and facts. I get a little heated and say dumb # sometimes i'll admit it, but saying a viral pandemic is caused by radio wave frequencies just displays a fairly large lack of even basic knowledge in biology, electronics and physics.

Anyway, I'm breaking my own thread rules now so... this.

Everything IS frequency and light.
Information is disappearing on the truth daily.

“Microwave syndrome”, is a clinical syndrome characterized by the presence of a wide spectrum of non-specific multiple organ symptoms, typically including central nervous system symptoms, that occur following the patient’s acute or chronic exposure to electromagnetic fields in the environment or in occupational settings.

Numerous studies have shown biological effects at the cellular level of electromagnetic fields (EMF) at magnetic (ELF) and radio-frequency (RF) frequencies in extremely low intensities. Many of the mechanisms described for Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) apply with modification to EHS. Repeated exposures result in sensitization and consequent enhancement of response. Many hypersensitive patients appear to have impaired detoxification systems that become overloaded by excessive oxidative stress.

EMF can induce changes in calcium signaling cascades, significant activation of free radical processes and overproduction of reactive oxygen species (ROS) in living cells as well as altered neurological and cognitive functions and disruption of the blood-brain barrier. Magnetite crystals absorbed from combustion air pollution could have an important role in brain effects of EMF.

Autonomic nervous system effects of EMF could also be expressed as symptoms in the cardiovascular system. Other common effects of EMF include effects on skin, microvasculature, immune and hematologic systems. It is concluded that the mechanisms underlying the symptoms of EHS are biologically plausible and that many organic physiologic responses occur following EMF exposure. Patients can have neurologic, neuro-hormonal and neuro-psychiatric symptoms following exposure to EMF as a consequence of neural damage and over-sensitized neural responses.

More relevant diagnostic tests for EHS should be developed. Exposure limits should be lowered to safeguard against biologic effects of EMF. Spread of local and global wireless networks should be decreased, and safer wired networks should be used instead of wireless, to protect susceptible members of the public. Public places should be made accessible for electrohypersensitive individuals.
Copyright © 2020. Published by Elsevier Inc.

Many hypersensitive patients appear to have impaired detoxification systems that become overloaded by excessive oxidative stress. = lung problems, breathing problem.
Microwaves

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Release 16 also introduces a new technique called sidelinking. Sidelinks will allow 5G-connected vehicles to communicate directly with one another, rather than going through a cell-tower intermediary.

Why exactly does a car need to be 5G-connected in order for direct car-to-car communication to work?

Millimeter waves means it will be possible to build a network just for an office building, factory, or stadium. At those scales, 5G could function essentially like Wi-Fi networks.

Because that's what 5G essentially is, it's wifi just on a larger scale and using a far worse range of frequencies because 5G signals cannot travel through physical objects including rain and plants, so they have to bounce the signals off buildings and other over-engineered solutions. An office with a normal internet connection and wifi setup will be cheaper and probably also faster and more stable than 5G. And who really wants to watch HD movies on their tiny phone screen? Why not use a normal wifi hotspot if you really need those fast speeds on a phone? The only half-legitimate use cases for 5G I can currently see are for things like autonomous cars, I agree with what LookingAtMars said, this is being setup mostly for corporations.
edit on 10/8/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
It seems everyone is hung up on frequencies when 5G is really just a protocol, like WiFi or Bluetooth. The frequency thing just happens to be a move that is being included to increase speed for things that need it.

Low-band 5G uses a similar frequency range to current 4G cellphones, 600-700 MHz, giving download speeds a little higher than 4G: 30-250 megabits per second (Mbit/s).[3] Low-band cell towers will have a range and coverage area similar to current 4G towers. Mid-band 5G uses microwaves of 2.5-3.7 GHz, currently allowing speeds of 100-900 Mbit/s, with each cell tower providing service up to several miles in radius. This level of service is the most widely deployed, and should be available in most metropolitan areas in 2020.

en.wikipedia.org...

So, if 5G works at all these ranges, it isn't a frequency thing. If your phone and TV could communicate through BT or WiFi through millimeter waves, they would still be using that particular protocol and not 5G.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: fernalley

You would think but it seems they took on the google model. Listen all the time. Sell all your data. Sign up and you are opting in for additional tracking at your own behest.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
For automated vehicles the need is more for low latency than massive speed as the general amount of data produced by each vehicle is pretty small but its more important that its regularly sampled at the correct rate to ensure things don't go wrong.

Most of this sort of side band data will seem to be burst based between you and the units around you and it'll be cheaper for the companies as you'll buy the transmitters/receivers and power them meaning all they need to do is to provide the gateways to the broader networks as and when needed.

They have been messing with ideas like this since they could link up radio gear to computers which is why its the sort of thing thats easy to slip into some specs as the hard work (all the maths required) has been done for decades.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Soon we will be nothing more than nodes on a global network.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
For automated vehicles the need is more for low latency than massive speed as the general amount of data produced by each vehicle is pretty small but its more important that its regularly sampled at the correct rate to ensure things don't go wrong.

Right now in one vendor's testing, a 300-mile round trip generated a little more than a 1TB of data or 3.3 gigabytes per mile.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I can see 5G (or some future iteration building off of this) being used non-nefariously to further enable autonomous vehicles, or as added "crash prevention" safety features, where the vehickes can communicate with each other to maintain safe spacing - and not crash into each other.
I would exoect many crunchy hiccuos along the way to anything cloae to an ideal state for that particular use, no matter how much testing is done first.

On the nefarious side of the coun, of course, the vehicle coukd be controlled by governments, hackers, rapists and thieves (I know, I already said that one, but while all governments are thieves, not all theives govern )

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

which all can be disabled using EMP

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Putting external direct control into any cars systems will be abused as it will be known to exist and thus people will go looking for it but more just external inputs like other cars being around you and road blocks for repairs etc will allow a much smoother flow of traffic.

Depending on the system used i'd imagine virtually every car will be a hub transmitting and receiving data from other cars in its range so a wider picture of the area can be built.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

Agreed - the possibilities really give a sense of how the use of information/data, processing and transfer of data will continue growing exponentially. Just thinking of the one example, driving/vehicles, alone, shows how we are truly in our infancy of using/processing data. Mind-boggling!

Also, congrats on successfully translating my sleepy, typo-riddled 2:19am post lol. That has to be my worst piece of writing on the interwebz of all time - and I took a long time writing/correcting it, moments before falling asleep

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Disengaging won't work. You need to hide among the noise. They see a home with no cell phone or wireless devices, you stick out like a sore thumb on the map. It will take much more than the very easy (in comparison) disengaging.

Disengaging is like an addict quitting cold turkey. Many do it with success. Hiding among the noise is keeping your habit compartmentalized, which is many orders of magnitude more difficult. You have to be deliberate in each action you take, each day.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Hmm... Is Richie just undeservingly Paranoid about 5G , or just Coherently CLEAR > ? .............

edit on 12-8-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
5g is persistant surveillance - a Tesla is a spy agencies wet dream, constant data, video and a sound, autonomous control - Any time large data driven tech sails through it has the backing of US Intel and as the NSA insider trader scandal proves once again it's how the system is played.

It's not about listening to any one individual per say - it's about chaos theory -Michael Hastings tesla races into a tree with no witnesses, no one to replace him, or it drives down the price of tesla shares = instant riches

and on and on

You can steer an entire civilization by making well planned and understood changes that are calculated on the Exo and Petabyte scales, like electing cheeto jesus.

edit on 13-8-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This has been really interesting.

Thanks to all who posted.

posted on Aug, 16 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Who remembers the FCC spectrum auctions a number of years ago? In my misguided youth, I had hoped that reclaiming the old broadcast TV spectra (UHF-VHF) and "wink wink" auctioning it off would be a prelude to large-scale, low-cost WIMAX ISP service. Large Tech giants (Google, device mfrs, etc) that had been traditionally locked out of accessing the "Ma Bell" pipelines, phone and coax wiring pinned to our traditional utility poles and electrical grid infrastructure, would have a new avenue for challenging the entrenched players (AT&T, Verizon, Comcast) that have placed a choke hold on our Internet connectivity in the US.

Boy was I stupid.

I still recall the shock, surprise, and outrage I felt at the results of the "auction", which in my thinking was supposed to pave the way for a new generation of ISPs, that would use the old UHF-VHF spectra to legitimately compete with the government-backed duopoly (phone or coax) that most of us in the US must use to access the Internet. SURPRISE! Look who won the auction. All of the old guard, AT&T, Verizon and Comcast. The "auction" was cover for another in a long, infamous history of US government and regulatory rollovers at the bidding of Big Teleco.

FCC: Attention! Attention! Wireless spectra for auction! Get your cheap, new spectra here!

New investors: Boy that sounds great! How do I enter the auction??

FCC: Well, you just need to put up $5-10 Billion, and be named AT&T, Verizon or Comcast, and you're eligible to enter the auction.

New investors: Oh. uhhh....

FCC: Attention! Attention! Wireless spectra for auction!

Now, all these years later, after the disappointment at the lost opportunity the US had to set up a new, cheaper, widely available and more egalitarian ISP infrastructure, on-boarding new blood into the Internet provider industry, we finally see where Big Teleco was going with the fruits of the "auction".

Another part of the radio spectrum that’s being used for 5G, is UHF, which is lower on the spectrum than EHF. The UHF band has a frequency range of 300 MHz to 3 GHz, and is used for everything from TV broadcasting and GPS to Wi-Fi, cordless phones, and Bluetooth.

It's when you glue together the history of Big Teleco's manipulation of FCC and the impotent regulatory apparatus in the US and //some// nations abroad, with these new "latest and greatest" standards emerging every few years (of which 5G is just another iteration), that you understand: 5G is just another money making scheme.

All of these protocols, P2P data transmission schemes, micro-[LW]ANs, could be carried out perfectly fine using just about any frequency on the dial. Obviously the lower end spectra (below 2.4Ghz) i.e. UHF are ideal as more regional and municipal level data carriers, being that they have better penetration capability than higher frequency ones.

But the big picture here: Big Teleco bought ("auction" always was a bull$h1T facade) up a massive chunk of the broadcast dial from the government years ago, and they were always going to find a way to monetize that investment. 5G is the payoff of this initiative. We now see the culmination of this long-term strategy: a new, bigger, badder wireless standard. One Wireless Technology to Rule Them All.

In another 10 years, the move to sub and low-orbital broadcast platforms (Starlink etc) will either extend or obsolete all of the fanfare, hype and "progress" brought upon us with 5G. With the next generation of broadcast and wireless technology, we will need new devices (cha-ching!), new application platforms and protocols (cha-ching!), new contracts and data metering plans (cha-ching-CHA-CHING!) to participate. More $$$ for Big Teleco and their cohorts. And the FCC and regulatory bodies will limp alongside, smiling stupidly, at the beck and call of Big Teleco.
edit on 16-8-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
5g. The guy who quit installing it

We have some work to do tearing down these 5G towers. None the less science proves they are dangerous like putting your head in a Microwave oven, so why are they installing them at all?

This video is by someone who quit installing them as he learnt what they can do. He talks about some of the studies with this technology over the past 50 years. Risks and dangers of the technology, how it is being used, rollout associations with areas that have been hit hard with Covid.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

None the less science proves they are dangerous like putting your head in a Microwave oven

Idiot who does not have the slightest notion of what power density means.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And what does radiation mean?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

It means a variety of things.

One type helped save my life 38 years ago.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join