It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhattan's DA drops felony charge against BLM leader for assaulting a NYPD cop and releases him

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: LookingAtMars
I'm not really outraged by this.

Should a dumb kid get 7 years in jail because they can't use a bullhorn?

Maybe you would be if it happened to you or one of your family, like your folks,siblings,children, or spouse.

It could just as easily be my folks, siblings, children or spouse doing a minute of stupidity.
7 years is a bit much, murders and rapes have gotten less.

We can't fight irrationality with more irrationality.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

So causing injury now depends on the weapon of choice --- Bullhorn, OK blow someone's ear drums out. Nothing.
How about a feather or a pen - shoving it into someone ear is that stabbing or ok as its just a feather or a pen.

How about dropping 100lb of steel on some ? is that different from a 100lb of straw if the resulting damage is the same?

Pretty sure if the bullhorn was in the cops hand you'll be rioting and looting along with a claim for millions in damage to the perps ears.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Is this sarcasm?

That was NOT a felony assault deserving of 7 years in prison. Now if he bashed the popo over the head....off ya go.

This is why the law is unemotional.....try it for a change.

a reply to: puzzled2

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Maybe you would be if it happened to you or one of your family, like your folks,siblings,children, or spouse.

It could just as easily be my folks, siblings, children or spouse doing a minute of stupidity.

She was a police officer. Its called a deterrent, if I assault you it;s a misdemeanor. If you assault a cop its a felony. Same as threatening a politician.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

She was a police officer. Its called a deterrent, if I assault you it;s a misdemeanor. If you assault a cop its a felony. Same as threatening a politician.

I still think they should arm riot police with dye packets or spray. Someone gets out of line, mark them with indelible dye (just like bank money when the dye packet explodes, it becomes useless to spend). Make them known to everyone after the riot....then let the people handle it in a personal way.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Well another keyboard Warrior he hadn't been given 7 years that is the MAXIMUM possible under the charge not the Minimum.

Which according to this site in plain English explains [url=https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/criminal-offense/new-york-aggravated-assault-laws]Felony Assault in New York/url]

In New York, an assault occurs when a person injures someone else without legal justification.

So that happen - or doesn't it count when a black man injures a woman cop?
Is Black politically linked to BLM a get out of jail free card?

Do you believe a BLM leader could be prosecuted in the USA for any crime without a riot?

All said and done He is a coward and useless BLM Leader - Missed his day in court and could have had a weeks worth of looting out this at least.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The swamp is not made from the top down, it’s made from the ground up. It’s all the local leaders who behave without oversight! Remove your local swamps!

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Welll, another keyboard lawyer/judge/jury. I am purely focused on the alleged crime...not the individual or the color of their skin. Unlike you.

The law needs to function as , Trey Gowdy psays, a blind lady. Your fragile emotional state is why this is so.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't know... only makes sense if some kind of deal was made.. Calm it down out there or your coming back to do 7 ??

It is hard to tell what the hell is going on lately... A crap game where is best to bet AGAINST the house.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   

if you only focused on the crime how come you're not talking about the crime?
You only talking about the maximum punishment.

Talk about the crime - compare to the law

Had a Bullhorn used to amplify his voice to a level that caused physical injury.
Seems like a slam dunk to be charge with Felony assault.

What is Felony Assault?
There are two levels of felony assault – the lower level Class D felony of second-degree assault and the higher level Class B felony of first-degree assault. Both levels require that a victim suffer a “physical injury” of varying severity. More specifically, while second-degree assault can be charged in some cases if a victim suffers simply a “physical injury,” the higher level first-degree assault requires a more severe “serious physical injury.” Besides the requirement of injury, both levels of felony assault share other factors. For instance, both levels cover injuries caused either intentionally or recklessly. Also, both levels of felony assault encompass injuries caused by either a “deadly weapon” or “dangerous instrument.”

Any idea why the charges were dropped?

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Ahhh, you didnt read the article I bet. Here...from the article.

"DA Cyrus Vance personally ordered the charges against Derrick Ingram, 28, dropped from felony assault in the second degree to misdemeanor assault, a law enforcement source told the New York Post.

Ingram is accused of injuring a female cop by shouting directly in her ear with a bullhorn on June 14, resulting in the officer being hospitalized with temporary hearing damage."

Please note the fact that the charges were NOT dropped...but REDUCED, to a level of punishment commensurate with the temporary hearing damage.
Ergo, the DA fit the punishment to the crime as opposed to sending another person to prison for something pretty lame.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
when people start exploiting rights to get out of crimes like this its time to suspend those rights and properly put down mobs with force.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What did he get out of? You want to suspend my rights? Were you OK when Teaparty peeps were getting shut down?

You sound more dangerous to me.

a reply to: namehere

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
How to deal with rioters, since the DA’s won’t.

Dress like your average rioter. Warning: may require significant decrease in muscle mass.
Pack a non-descript bag with Trump stickers and various Pro-America stuff.
Watch the rioters turn up un their cars.
When the mob marches off, place stickers on rioters cars.
Go home.
Laugh on social media as they tweet that their vehicles were destroyed by the mob.
edit on 1282020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Oh so the use of a dangerous instrument is only a misdemeanor if the injury is temporary -
you mean like bullet holes heal or broken bones heal.

So DA is a medical expert and instantly knows this is only temporary and just misdemeanor - so rioters have the knowledge that to put police officers in the hospital and off the streets you're ok to only temporarily injury them.

I not saying what the punishment will be, that's up to a judge, only that the charge seems to be a little light.

But looking at the same site for What is Misdemeanor Assault?

A person commits misdemeanor assault by improperly causing someone else to suffer a “physical injury.” The injury must have been caused either intentionally or recklessly. Misdemeanor assault can also occur if a person negligently (carelessly) injures someone else by using a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.

Difference is in the possible penalties available to a judge includes jail time.

Fingers crossed there will not be more riots based on punishing people for their actions.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Sigh.....arguing with morons...👎. A bullhorn is now a dangerous instrument?! Lmao

You know what...you win.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

just for clarity from the links on the definition of charges.

a “dangerous instrument” is any object (including a vehicle) that, while not usually a weapon, can nonetheless be used in a way that is readily able to cause death or serious injury. For example, hitting someone with a bar stool could constitute assault with a dangerous instrument.

hearing loss, perforated ear drums or other sonic injuries would come under the serious injuries category. Use it to beat someone with then you could cause death. Basically anything

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
So your gonna drop felonies on peeps for what MIGHT have happened?

You Chinese or Russian by chance?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

no a victim of a over the top reaction that was not punished due the peeps family and their connections.

So try putting yourself in the shoes of the victim of the attack and not the Attacker.

P.S. isolate the incident to the span of the attack -- You go to work - go to protest to protect people and property - get attacked - get injured - end up in hospital.

What do you expect to happen? - attacker to become a local hero and claim victim status or punished?

As we saw the laws are written the same way only levels of punishment the JUDGE can issue are different.
Suppose you'll be just happy if the charges in the George Floyd cases were lower as no weapon, dangerous instrument or intent was meant?

At the end of the day it doesn't matter what You or I think, so have a nice day and enjoy life.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Permanant Hearing Loss
Can you Hear this.
That's not Playing.
It's down right Stupidity. reply to: lakenheath24

edit on 13-8-2020 by bluesman462002 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join