It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Precious Metals & Wealth Preservation (PMs currently rallying if you haven't heard)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Episode 6 of Paradise Lost Financial is focused on Precious Metals & Wealth Preservation
Audio Link (27 minutes, listen to it while you're doing your sh**, shower & shave in the AM like I do, or whenever you can fit it in... lol)

Anyone who pays attention to the broad market has seen precious metals like gold & silver rally more recently. I believe it will continue to rally, even with more "corrections" and price smashes along the way (which just present more accumulation opportunities IMO). The US just printed between $9 and $10 TRILLION, which will ultimately result in inflation and less purchasing power of your hard-earned dollars.

Things are about to get rocky.. this is not investment advice however this channel does a nice job of breaking down some of the history and fundamental reasons as to why PMs (precious metals) may be a good option for preservation of wealth and "insurance" against this reckless monetary policy.

These are just my 2 cents (which apparently are in high-demand since there is a coin shortage right now in the US... lol). Enjoy ATS fam!

Visualizing the Purchasing Power of the Dollar Over the Last Century

Introduction to Counterparty Risk (Investopedia): www.investopedia.com...

Gold versus the USD: monetarygold.com...

Shadowstats Inflation Charts (more accurate than "official" measure): www.shadowstats.com...

Shadowstats Unemployment Rate Charts (also more accurate): www.shadowstats.com...

10 Questions to Ask Before Investing in Precious Metals: sprott.com...#

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You can't eat them push come to shove I'd rather have food.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

The need for an abstraction of value that is reliable have been different throughout time. But it has always been necessary.
edit on 8 9 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have been watching PM's like a hawk. Especially silver, the price is going up due primarily to physical demand. Local coin sellers and bullion shops are running out, and rumor's are abounding. Like Kitco has run out, VIP investors are being e mailed to sell some back to their suppliers for a good profit. Samsung has done a deal with a Canadian producer for their years supply. Premiums are reflecting this some as high as fifty per cent on the Maple. Looking at the Kitco chart it seems that its ready to take off again this week, with another rumor that Sprott will be buying another billion dollars worth to add to their portfolio. It seems to have beaten the shorts, a billion dollars of sell off just dropped it fifty cents. The only problem getting it is getting difficult as no one wants to sell.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Unless you can grow all of your own food (As well as housing, medicine, & other necessities) it is wise to have a store of value that you can use to acquire goods & services you yourself don’t have.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity
Hell if it keeps going up I'm going to sell my stack of bars. I've already doubled my investments.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've got a bunch of bullets so if shtf I can kill rabbits and squirrels.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Unless you can grow all of your own food (As well as housing, medicine, & other necessities) it is wise to have a store of value that you can use to acquire goods & services you yourself don’t have.

Who's going to take gold or silver in a situation where you're trading it for food or medicine? How do you make change? What do you do with it when you do have it? I can think of commodities that would be far more valuable.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
i will stick to my strategy... gold at $2160++ with outrageous Premiums is not on my must-do list

this gold$ bubble, is like the housing-flipper heyday...
Nowhere But UP --- until the BS imploded & the get-rich-quik alternative to a 401K collapsed...

gold will achieve a realistic 'value' But a $4K anticipated, Fiat-Dollar value is a worthless projection... the Future will value Gold at around 50 days of 10 hour long days of hard-labor and attending necessities (like keeping safe/virus free)

Again, i repeat that Silver-Gold ratio will settle at 50-1

So, i await the Gold bubble popping soon, only then will i purchase a 1/10th or other small fractional dollop of Gold...
i do have 5 each Silver Eagles, that are all tarnished, i use to fidget with or use as paper weights at my desktop computer Desk Space

i sorta believe that the absorbing of Silver into the skin has helped me to avoid Flu or other sicknesses for the last 23 years of being disabled,... of course along with the vitamin D i get daily from the outdoor Sunshines

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

it will be interesting to watch the soaring Gold Price fluctuate against the other world-wide currencies like China Yuan Russia Ruble, EU Euro etc etc

the USD is loosing confidence and devaluing before our eyes, so lets see how gold retains any steady spot-price buy-sell- Rate by the stronger monetary units out there (that are not USD/FRNs)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Who's going to take gold or silver in a situation where you're trading it for food or medicine? How do you make change? What do you do with it when you do have it? I can think of commodities that would be far more valuable.

IMO, if we get into a situation where bartering is more commonplace than exchange of currency, individuals like myself would still value stores of value such as silver or gold which have been so for thousands of years. If the currency of the domiciled country goes into hyperinflation in this day & age, how long until TPTB enact a new type of PLAZA accord to revalue the currency, or deploy a new digital equivalent altogether? In such cases, valuables that are globally recognized such as gold, silver, etc. would retain value when compared to the "new" digital equivalent. Just my opinion.

I've also willingly paid a little extra premium to acquire fractional weights (10th of an ounce, 1/4th ounce, 2 grams, 5 grams, 10-20 grams, etc.) of gold or silver for this very reason (but I know most folks don't do this).

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
I've also willingly paid a little extra premium to acquire fractional weights (10th of an ounce, 1/4th ounce, 2 grams, 5 grams, 10-20 grams, etc.) of gold or silver for this very reason (but I know most folks don't do this).

The average person won't have gold, let alone fractional gold which is my point. People can plunk down a gold coin or bullion and they'll end up getting change in the form of the currency they were trying to avoid.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Holding gold or silver is a no brainer, history teaches those who have studied past economic collapses that this is so. Even in modern times when Argentina and Brazil went on a printing spree its the only thing that protects, not to mention Venezuela. I know we think we are special, so did Rome, but in the end the Metals outlived them all. They will also outlive us. At the moment this collapse is just in its early days, what's happening historically has no president. In past collapses most grew their food locally, everything these days relies on a just in time delivery system, with risk management systems built in for normal swings , not unprecedented ones. What is evident is that the fiat price for metals has been suppressed to make the fiat look comparable, even this works up to a point. This is essentially a crime, requiring participation in the highest ranks of government to implement. In the end it has to be about Gold and Silver who has it , and who has been negligent and just relies on paper promises backed by non existent economic activity. You aint seen nothing yet, because even if the spot prices are suppressed, the premiums charged will be add ons until the market price is decided.

posted on Aug, 15 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You must learn to produce your own food. Having real wealth will make it easier for you to buy the tools you need for such, maybe even the labor to sustain the plot of land you also traded your wealth for.

When it comes to wealth, you need to think how it can multiply for you. The peasant worries about his food. The Lord buys workers to produce for him.

Think about that before shtf, not after.

top topics

join