It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple Raffles Free Abortion As ‘Ultimate Offering to Satan’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I have never met the devil, nor heard from anyone who has. Surely Satan or his contemporary incarnation has better sense than to present itself as a shadow demon or some similar childish display.

Why Surely?

Possibly? absolutley!!!
Surely tho?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: IAMTAT

Conservatives: We want all religions to be able to do whatever they want.

Satanic Temple: Hold my beer.

I wonder if I can start a church of the Wicked Weed.

Already there...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

So why is it the Satanic church if there is no Satan. Inquiring minds need to know.

The reason is similar to, but not identical to the reason for Pastafarian. Basically advocates (activists) for a cause.

Pastafarians main reason for being a group concerns a particular type of Creationism in schools.

The Satanic Temple has a larger purpose than the Pastafarian focus.

(note) my opinion based on reading their online materials.

edit on 10-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Awwww... Someone needs a happy meal.

I've looked at a few happy meal® bags and don't remember seeing any money back guarantee about happiness.

Shoot. The trash pickup. I'll have to wait for my next Happy Meal® to check the fine print.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I have never met the devil, nor heard from anyone who has.

You have now!

My father told me the story (He was dead for enough seconds to make it plausible).
I put it down to freaking out synapses scared of dying and doing crazy stuff...

He doesn't.

Edit to add...
I don't believe it, but I know that he does.
What message can you take from that?
edit on 10-8-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
"Why do you worship something you don't believe exists?! TEMPLES ARE A PLACE OF WORSHIP! YOU'RE LYING!"

The questions asked by people who view the world in black or white.

Yes, the use of Satan is indeed a means to upset those of the Abrahamic religions. It has a lot to do with the Satanic Panic of the 80s. What a better way to promote religious equality as detailed by the first amendment of the constitution than to use the very image of the enemy of the people attempting to enact the Christian version of Sharia Law?

Save me your sanctimonious zealotry. The Satanic Temple exists to disrupt the Christians in their attempt to turn the United States into a theocracy.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: IAMTAT

Conservatives: We want all religions to be able to do whatever they want.

Satanic Temple: Hold my beer.

I wonder if I can start a church of the Wicked Weed.

No.

Conservatives want all religions to do whatever they want to themselves and other consenting adults - a baby cannot consent to being murdered.

I want to start a more leftist church that sacrifices those that sacrifice babies.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
Save me your sanctimonious zealotry. The Satanic Temple exists to disrupt the Christians in their attempt to turn the United States into a theocracy.

The United States was born of Christian libertarian morals, including the right to believe in what you want so long as you don't try to force it on others.

Anyone raffling off baby murder and saying its an offering to the devil has no moral standing, they are just evil and need attention.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Could it get more overt the level of disregard for human life here? Sacrifice for Satan? Holy hell...

a reply to: grey580

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

You're fighting a definition of Life, not Christian Sharia Law.

Beyond the 10th which establishes State's Rights, here is another one in play:

The 14th Amendment:

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

While you say abortion bans abridge the privileges of the abortion seeking; the states that enacted those laws consider all cells multiplying in the uterus as life. You both have a constitutional argument so long as dividing masses of cells are considered life in some places.

But every state (Except South Dakota) allows exceptions for rape/incest, even Utah, The most religious state in the union.

I could argue you are trying to subvert The Constitution by pandering to a strong centralized government.

Roe V. Wade grants, pregnant women liberty to choose to have an abortion without excessive government restriction.

The question is who do you want supercedeing who here. The federal government left room for the states intentionally. If the federal level (SCOTUS) rules again it may rescind It (tossing that out), especially if you antagonize those pushing for it because you have a gripe against their 10th Amendment privilege.

If it gets overturned (which can happen) it means life has been legally defined, and a 1st trimester foetus is an American Citizen. There will still be rape and incest caveats though.

The more you push for every state to allow It the more they'll push for every state to deny it. It's counterproductive left/right posturing.

For now, I am fairly certain orthocyclene is legal everywhere and maybe they should have thought ahead before getting knocked up in Mississippi, and may now have to suck it up and travel to one of the many states that offer public funding for it. And at the same time know that can change to "travel to Canada" in an instant.

For a run down of those States:

www.guttmacher.org...

And did you really cite The Satanic Panic?

How is that different then BLM hysteria, really?

Aquino went on Geraldo while Boyd Rice and Nikolas Shreck put on the 8-8-88 rally to be as offensive as possible at a time everyone was doing the witch trial thing, this time in reference to Satanic Ritual Abuse.

Don't remember them overtly appealing to federal protection to make sure their first amendment rights weren't violated. I think they just dressed like Nazis and put on a subversive Hitler rally.

When did Satan become such a world-minded activist?

Moments when mass moral indignation and media memes take hold is nothing new, "Baby Killer" (See that's a Vietnam pun, and not specifically a reference to your abobo raffle)

How about instead of one raffle to antagonize mean old Christians you start an underground network of safe houses and transportation across state lines to get procedures done without the polarizing antagonism and appeal to federal government?

Imagine, one troll raffle vs. a sinister underground Hoovertown Express that operates regardless of what the law says.

What better way for a devil to try to change The Bible Belt then subvert it like an abortionist Harriet Tubman?

Or can you only do things in the form of leftist lobbyists trying to eliminate only the state's rights they don't like?

You will never get every state to agree to abortion because even nonbelievers are against it. There's no "love is love" argument to be had either.
edit on 11-8-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My question is, does the pregnancy have to be at a certain stage? Do we have to wait for a heartbeat before we can abort/sacrifice? Can we abort in the first trimester? Is there more potency to the sacrifice later in the pregnancy or does it not matter?

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
My question is, does the pregnancy have to be at a certain stage? Do we have to wait for a heartbeat before we can abort/sacrifice? Can we abort in the first trimester? Is there more potency to the sacrifice later in the pregnancy or does it not matter?

It's a woman's Right To Choose how powerful her sacrifice to Satan can be.
edit on 11-8-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

I believe that they are only doing this to troll religious groups.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join