It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple Raffles Free Abortion As ‘Ultimate Offering to Satan’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   

edit on 10/8/2020 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So you think christians eat Jesus real flesh and drink His real blood

I mean, some do...
zombie vampire christians

Ok so a certain denomination in Christianity believes in transub’ but hearing an atheists say they are horrified people eat a real Jesus, indicate they also believe, feint shock about bread being flesh and juice being blood, surely that’s a bit drama queenesque
A little overdramatic.
Let’s be sincere and acknowledge even most Catholics don’t believe it’s real flesh and real blood

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I'm a member of The Satanic Temple. I'd like to clarify what this is as it seems like there's a lot of you that want it to be some kind of weird child sacrifice to fit your fearful narrative of Satanists.

Anti-abortion laws have very few secular reasons behind them. The Satanic Temple has provided religious protection for abortions. It's essentially fighting fire with fire.

One of The Satanic Temple's main missions is promoting religious freedom and secular legislation. For the record: we do not worship Satan. We don't even believe Satan exists. If you want to talk to someone who believes in Satan, talk to a Christian.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
So easy identifying the sheep from the goats and just before harvest!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo3Foxtrot
I'm a member of The Satanic Temple. I'd like to clarify what this is as it seems like there's a lot of you that want it to be some kind of weird child sacrifice to fit your fearful narrative of Satanists.

Anti-abortion laws have very few secular reasons behind them. The Satanic Temple has provided religious protection for abortions. It's essentially fighting fire with fire.

One of The Satanic Temple's main missions is promoting religious freedom and secular legislation. For the record: we do not worship Satan. We don't even believe Satan exists. If you want to talk to someone who believes in Satan, talk to a Christian.

Welcome, and good luck. This crowd is DENSE!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

So why is it the Satanic church if there is no Satan. Inquiring minds need to know.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I've been on ATS for 13 years now. I've watched the userbase change to what it is now. Funny aside: I was a practicing Christian when I first joined ATS. lol

a reply to: TzarChasm

Satan is a symbol of the Eternal Rebel in opposition to arbitrary authority, forever defending personal sovereignty even in the face of insurmountable odds. Satan is an icon for the unbowed will of the unsilenced inquirer – the heretic who questions sacred laws and rejects all tyrannical impositions. Our metaphoric representation is the literary Satan best exemplified by Milton and the Romantic Satanists from Blake to Shelley to Anatole France.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

So why is it the Satanic church if there is no Satan. Inquiring minds need to know.

Then there’s LaVey’s Satanism, which he fully admits in the Satanic Bible that his ideas/beliefs of humanism would reach a wider amount of people if he slapped Satan on it and called it a day.

This is why I get such a hoot when I start hearing about the Satanic baby-eating cults. So far, the only credible evidence of there being Satanic ritualistic murders have been from meth-heads who belong to no group.
edit on 10-8-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

You don't seem to know squat about any religion!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Awwww... Someone needs a happy meal.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Satan is a symbol of the Eternal Rebel in opposition to arbitrary authority, forever defending personal sovereignty even in the face of insurmountable odds. Satan is an icon for the unbowed will of the unsilenced inquirer – the heretic who questions sacred laws and rejects all tyrannical impositions. Our metaphoric representation is the literary Satan best exemplified by Milton and the Romantic Satanists from Blake to Shelley to Anatole France.

Is that just a pretentious way of saying "Because it's kinda funny"?
Personally I prefer the Church of Joe Pesci.

The only real offence I take from the Church of Satan is that it's very anti-christian.
By mocking Christianity in the name it actually holds up Christianity above all other religions.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

You claim you don't worship Satan but belong to
the Satanic Temple... yeah,right!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

It IS odd, Mama.
Temples are places of worship.
Satanic means 'of Satan'.

Therefore, 'The Satanic Temple' is a place of worship, dedicated to worshipping Satan.

Why would someone worship a god they don't even believe exists?

If this reflects someone's 'spiritual' convictions...what does it say about their other, more 'earthly' beliefs and convictions?

It's a fair question.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

You are wrong!!!!!!

The Church of Satan is full of pretentious neckbearded atheists who haven't been able to shed their christian upbringing.
That's why they focus on Christianity.

They are a bunch of people who understood Jesus' words and need to create a world where they can accept them.
They are not fighting against it.

Edit to add...
I see JC as a brilliant philosopher who was overrated with time.
If he is magical then it takes a little away from him.
edit on 10-8-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It's a fair question.

It is!

But it's also simply answered...

Is being a "Bad @$$ Mutha_ucka" a good or bad thing?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

a reply to: LordAhriman

I've been on ATS for 13 years now. I've watched the userbase change to what it is now. Funny aside: I was a practicing Christian when I first joined ATS. lol

a reply to: TzarChasm

Thanks for the answer. Eternal Rebel would seem to suggest unending conflict even after the crusade has been concluded and the masses appeased. Battle for the sake of battle. Is this accurate?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Thanks for the answer. Eternal Rebel would seem to suggest unending conflict even after the crusade has been concluded and the masses appeased. Battle for the sake of battle. Is this accurate?

Interesting angle.
Are you suggesting you should not plant a tree that you will never sit in the shade of?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Interesting angle.
Are you suggesting you should not plant a tree that you will never sit in the shade of?

Imagine the quandary of being a deaf composer.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Interesting angle.

Music is the devil.
I wouldn't have my purity sullied by such actions.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Interesting angle.

Music is the devil.
I wouldn't have my purity sullied by such actions.

I have never met the devil, nor heard from anyone who has. Surely Satan or his contemporary incarnation has better sense than to present itself as a shadow demon or some similar childish display.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join