It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ethereal Beauty

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
One possible aspect of time, difficult to grasp from our rather limited human perspective,
is that to have existed in even one moment in time is to be fixed in all of eternity.
These beautiful flowers (morning glories) have but one day in the sun before they close up for good and seed the next generation.
Their ephemeral nature in no way diminishes their being and purpose in life,
but may serve to enhance their value the eyes of the passing observer.

I saw these today in my garden and was struck by their ethereal beauty. They almost appear to be luminous. I thought I’d share the lovliness, and hope you enjoy!

edit on 9-8-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Beautiful.

Looks like genus Ipomoea.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My wife loves morning glories too. And that is all I will say on the matter - being a gentleman and all that...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I once read "A flower dies many times before its death." (IDK the author)

Morning glory reminds me of that

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Thank you.

It's been awhile since I've seen morning glories.

What if I just haven't been looking ?
I have been sort of house bound of late.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thanks to all for the replies. Chr0naut, I didn't know which variety this was, so thanks for sharing that info!! I do believe you are spot on with your conjecture.

a reply to: pthena

Sometimes it's just nice knowing certain things are out there, somewhere.

Like the morning glory's sister, the moonflower (which I truly hope to cultivate next year!). That such a flower even exists makes me dream a little, and I can almost imagine the lovely fragrance it emits.

www.hgtv.com...

Hope everyone enjoys his/her Sunday afternoon!
edit on 9-8-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Looks like you've got a good guide that you linked to.

Stratification sounds scary, maybe just do the soak for germination. What's an extra week. You can always just start the soak a week earlier.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hallucinogenic flowers cool

Fence them off from your pets to be safe

Its really odd explaining that situation to your vet

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

These Alien antennae are only needed for a single transmission to their own individual destinations hense the short lifespan.

You should see the Recievers!

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

While the seeds are psychoactive, they apparently won't actually make you hallucinate. They'll probably give you the runs something chronic, well before then, though.

There are also those that say the leaves of some varietals are edible, but I'd rather not even try.

LOL.
edit on 9/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

These Alien antennae are only needed for a single transmission to their own individual destinations hense the short lifespan.

You should see the Recievers!

I could really see this being the case--especially when looking at that last picture I posted--definitely looks not quite of this earth!

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

While the seeds are psychoactive, they apparently won't actually make you hallucinate.

Back during Easter vacation of '69 I was working with a crew in an avocado grove. One of the guys had a great big water pipe. He filled it with burgundy wine and three of us smoked morning glory seeds through it.

I can't tell if the seeds had any effect or not, because we drank the wine that smoke had bubbled through. It was a very big water pipe. It is possible that the wine alone got us as happy as we got.

The things people do outside of controlled laboratory conditions! Resulting data isn't very useful.

I read somewhere, perhaps wikipedia that all parts of the plant are toxic.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
edit on 9-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: markovian

While the seeds are psychoactive, they apparently won't actually make you hallucinate. They'll probably give you the runs something chronic, well before then, though.

There are also those that say the leaves of some varietals are edible, but I'd rather not even try.

LOL.

You shouldent tell people that its not really true

Some poorly taken care of plants maby but a well taken care of plant will make faces melt with only 5 seeds

Don't gamble with nature you will always lose

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I could really see this being the case--especially when looking at that last picture I posted--definitely looks not quite of this earth!

What better way to disguise advanced technology than to hide in plain sight. Everywhere!

new topics

top topics

join