It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is super mad that Trump helped folks she ignored

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: FishBait

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: network dude

Um... because nearly any social/non-war/spying issue they are far apart... like every single thing. Then they have to compromise on things but tell me what is the GOP plan?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take your time, read it, understand it, THEN comment. Doing it in reverse makes you look a bit daft.

Great job linking evidence that the republicans just crammed a 1.75 bill add on for an FBI building which held up their own bill as their are rep that don't even want to vote for it. If it was the dems you'd be freaking out how they are taking advantage of COVID etc etc but it's fine for your side to do this.

This is a big part of the reason politics is such a disaster as they (both sides) always use bills as an opportunity to tack on some giant pet project they can't get funded otherwise then scream "if you don't vote for this you hate America and want people to die from COVID (or whatever) to make Trump (or whoever) look bad". Here's an idea, just present a bill that focuses on COVID and worry about your stupid building some other time. Talk about taking advantage of a tragedy.

If you noticed, that was what I said as well. But in a negotiation, there has to be give and take. Neither side wants to give. I'm glad Trump forced the issue. It exposes this whole thing for what it is. A tantrum.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm on the fence over evictions... If the Goverment prevents evictions who pays the rent then? There are a lot of renters that rent 1 to 3 units and they live off that rent and use that rent money to pay the bills for their duplex/house type rentals. They also can not just make up 5 months of past rent so they can pay up what is owed in utilities, mortgage, repairs etc.

I heard some horror stories for renters put in bad situations with no rent coming in, so what is the number of people that fall into the bucket that lost their job due to Goverment decisions on shutting down businesses, and if that is the case should the government also pay their rent if the government saying you can not evict.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Um... because nearly any social/non-war/spying issue they are far apart... like every single thing. Then they have to compromise on things but tell me what is the GOP plan?

Take your time, read it, understand it, THEN comment. Doing it in reverse makes you look a bit daft.

Great job linking evidence that the republicans just crammed a 1.75 bill add on for an FBI building which held up their own bill as their are rep that don't even want to vote for it. If it was the dems you'd be freaking out how they are taking advantage of COVID etc etc but it's fine for your side to do this.

This is a big part of the reason politics is such a disaster as they (both sides) always use bills as an opportunity to tack on some giant pet project they can't get funded otherwise then scream "if you don't vote for this you hate America and want people to die from COVID (or whatever) to make Trump (or whoever) look bad". Here's an idea, just present a bill that focuses on COVID and worry about your stupid building some other time. Talk about taking advantage of a tragedy.

If you noticed, that was what I said as well. But in a negotiation, there has to be give and take. Neither side wants to give. I'm glad Trump forced the issue. It exposes this whole thing for what it is. A tantrum.

Yea, a tantrum by both sides of the aisle and the president. They all agreed just fine when they were voting and signing to give trillions to billionaires. Now suddenly when regular people need help it's back to finger pointing and stomping their feet it has to be their way.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You know, that's a very deep post. Took me thinking about it a while to come up with a decent response.

Executive Orders were never intended to substitute for law. They're not even in the Constitution. They only exist because the President is the head of the Executive Branch and gets to set Executive Branch policy (within Constitutional boundaries). Same with Governors. But back through history, Congress has been too lazy to do their job and have written the Executive Order into law.

So here we are... if Congress passes a law, that law stands (subject to Constitutional restrictions). Even the Supreme Court cannot legally just strike down a law they don't like. The Supreme Court stepped over that boundary with DACA, though, and left an opening for any Executive head to implement law by fiat. All that needs be done is to declare a national emergency, Congress disagree on stopping it, and suddenly we find ourselves teetering on the brink of an actual dictatorship.

Thankfully, Trump seems to have no desires to become a tyrant. If he had, we would be completely under tyranny by now. That cannot be said for Biden... he has not had the chance yet. At some point, it is almost certain we will elect a leader who will take advantage of the loophole. We'll know who when such a leader disbands the Congress.

That is exactly how Hitler rose to such power.

We desperately need a more secure method to verify true national emergencies. Allowing a declaration by the one who would receive power by doing so is not an optimal solution. Alas, I do not have an idea for such an optimal solution... I'm not even sure an idea exists.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

Pro tips: don't believe any thing a politicians says until they actually do what they say they are going to do. It usually only happens when that thing makes them and their buddies rich.

Ahahaha! Sonny-boy, I am an old fart. I watched the resignation of Richard Nixon live on an old black-and-white TV. I lived through the gas rationing of the Iranian Hostage Crisis, and kept count of the days until they were freed. I saw Reagan finally manage to bring about the collapse of the Iron Curtain, ending the Cold War which I once experienced from the safety of my nuclear-bomb-proof school desk. I've been there, and you're not telling me anything new.

Here's a pro-tip from me: understand what it is you want and how to get it. It's a lot easier and safer to work within the system than to try and overthrow the system. The latter may be faster and seem absolutely necessary, but following that path leads to tyranny. Always has; always will.

Also, very interesting that you are agreeing he isn't really doing anything and just passing the buck to congress and the states which, as usual, give him someone to blame when he can't live up to his promises.

I am agreeing that Trump is following the Constitution as closely as he can and is respecting the US government framework. He never had the power to just spend money out of thin air; that's for Congress and Congress alone. Wanting something to happen doesn't mean one can just pick an elected official to make it happen and demand of them. No one has unlimited power... at least not yet.

If there are any new monies to be had, they have to come from Congress. Donald Trump is not part of Congress. He is doing what he can with what power he has. Pelosi and McConnell, and to a lesser degree McCarthy and Schumer, are in charge of appropriating money... and Pelosi/Schumer have refused to do so. That's not on Trump.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

True, but you can always sue, In this case it would be politically bad to sue.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yea, a tantrum by both sides of the aisle and the president. They all agreed just fine when they were voting and signing to give trillions to billionaires. Now suddenly when regular people need help it's back to finger pointing and stomping their feet it has to be their way.

Ironically, it was House Speaker NANCY PELOSI who endorsed President OBAMA delivering a payroll tax cut, not that long ago.

In 2010, Obama signed a payroll tax reduction, and Congress extended the cut in 2011 and 2012. Pelosi supported the payroll tax cut at the time.

"Today is a victory for all Americans — for the security of our middle class, for the health of our seniors, and for economic growth and job creation. The American people spoke out clearly and, thanks to President Obama's leadership, 160 million Americans will continue to receive their payroll tax cut," Pelosi said in a statement in 2011.
Source: justthenews.com...

A "victory for all Americans" when implemented by Obama, but a fiscal disaster when implemented by Trump.

No wonder most politicians are held in low esteem by the public.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Drucifer

I don't "tow the line".

I speak up for what I believe is the truth.

Examples:

There are also numerous posts that I do not intend to hunt down.

I go where I believe the truth is. I am not afraid to be wrong. I am not afraid to stand fast when I'm right either. I don't toe the line for anyone or anything. I'm just a person with a view like any other.

I wasn’t referring to you as towing any line, good man. I only included you in my comment for your line about burning down what you’re trying to defend as it hit home on something completely outside of ATS/politics I have going on right now and actually provided some insight into how to handle the situation, which I was grateful for.

My comments above that were just my observations of what I have seen around social media.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I'm glad the line helped.

I'm hopeful nothing negative has happened to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Fancy Nancy is Now in the Fortune Teller Business . Hmm... HOW Does She Know This for Sure ..>?

" Pelosi: Pandemic ‘Is Only Going to Get Worse’ — GOP Are ‘Going to Have to Come to the Table’ "

" if we do not infuse more into the economy into fighting this virus so we can open up our economy, so we can send our children to school safely and the rest, this is only going to get worse. "

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Funny thing about this, even though the executive orders are in a seriously grey area he has now forced the democrats hand if they are serious about this election.

He can honestly say he tried to help while the democrats held out for their favorite pork project rathe than help the people.

Pretty good political move in my opinion, and I dont think Nancy will move forward to try and minimize the damage. (could be wrong, but she seems absolutly off the rails right now)

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

" (could be wrong, but she seems absolutly off the rails right now) "

Well , Nothing a Little Vodka could not Fix ..........

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Fair enough.

I'm glad the line helped.

I'm hopeful nothing negative has happened to you.

Just a first year of marriage sucker punch!

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Prediction: Pelosi is angry that she wasn't consulted over the Israel-UAE peace deal announced by President Trump.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's a Big Ten Four Good Buddy .....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join