It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is super mad that Trump helped folks she ignored

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

Then why won't democrats in congress back the clean bill?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Why won't the republicans pass the dem bill which has all the stuff Trump said he wanted? You can have nonsense arguments like that all day. They are politicians, you can barely explain anything the rep or dem in DC wants to do. They are supposed to compromise and the republicans said, pass our bill or we pass nothing. Great attitude for the part of the "people".

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I clearly articulated why they wouldn't pass the dem bill - it contains all sorts of "wish list" items including bailouts for mismanaged liberal cities and states AND fails to give businesses who take appropriate precautions legal immunity from malicious lawsuits. It contains all sorts of fluff that does nothing to directly address the coronavirus and the economic hardship that blue state lockdowns and attacks on small business have caused.

Dems cannot articulate the reason they won't compromise. Republicans can and will articulate their reasons all day long.

Its a moot point, Trump has taken the initiative and took executive action to remedy the situation. Anyone that opposes it will be seen as wanting to shaft the American people at a time they're most vulnerable.
edit on 8/10/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Do you even know how to google?

Sure do! Do you know how to link?

You put forth a claim, I asked for evidence. The next step is you present your evidence, not me try to prove your point.

Sheesh, I even said "please"!

Do you even follow the speeches your supposed leader gives? It was in a fox business interview no less.

Most of them, when I can. I don't pay a lot of attention to Fox Business, though, which explains why I haven't seen it.

Wow... that means you watch Fox Business more than I do!

He even said he wanted a moratorium on evictions which SHOCKER didn't make it into the order.

Yes, he did.

(Hint: that's called linking to one's evidence)

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Why won't the republicans pass the dem bill which has all the stuff Trump said he wanted? You can have nonsense arguments like that all day. They are politicians, you can barely explain anything the rep or dem in DC wants to do. They are supposed to compromise and the republicans said, pass our bill or we pass nothing.

That's not how compromise works. In a compromise, both sides get something they want, but not everything they want. Pelosi isn't willing to give up anything... so why should Republicans?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: toolgal462

"Because they did it" isn't a reason to shred the basis of our Republic. Otherwise, what the hell are we doing here?

It literally is though, when the supreme court rules on something like daca that violates the constitution then they set a precedent. They have to follow it now, if they want to invalidate Trump's executive orders then they would also invalidate Obama's.

Therefore he absolutely should do exactly what he is doing. Either way we win.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Why won't the republicans pass the dem bill which has all the stuff Trump said he wanted? You can have nonsense arguments like that all day. They are politicians, you can barely explain anything the rep or dem in DC wants to do. They are supposed to compromise and the republicans said, pass our bill or we pass nothing.

That's not how compromise works. In a compromise, both sides get something they want, but not everything they want. Pelosi isn't willing to give up anything... so why should Republicans?

TheRedneck

You know that's a lie the dems offered to knock 1 trillion off.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Do you even know how to google?

Sure do! Do you know how to link?

You put forth a claim, I asked for evidence. The next step is you present your evidence, not me try to prove your point.

Sheesh, I even said "please"!

Do you even follow the speeches your supposed leader gives? It was in a fox business interview no less.

Most of them, when I can. I don't pay a lot of attention to Fox Business, though, which explains why I haven't seen it.

Wow... that means you watch Fox Business more than I do!

He even said he wanted a moratorium on evictions which SHOCKER didn't make it into the order.

Yes, he did.

(Hint: that's called linking to one's evidence)

TheRedneck

Did you read it? All he does is pass the buck and say someone else will look into whether evictions are really a big deal or not for COVID issues. He could have said evections are halted period. Instead it says they will look into if they need to stop evictions and if not they will try to get assistance to people evicted. There are a lot of words there and they say very little and provide nothing that wasn't already there.

I know you want to live in a authoritarian world when you order people to do your research for you but I live in a free world where no one tells me what to do. If your so in love with Trump you should be aware of what he's saying and promising. I keep track of both side because I want to actually have an informed opinion and not just believe what's spoon fed to me.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

I understand the logic. The reality is that one abuse of the constitution is simply begetting another.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FishBait

originally posted by: JBurns

Why won't the republicans pass the dem bill which has all the stuff Trump said he wanted? You can have nonsense arguments like that all day. They are politicians, you can barely explain anything the rep or dem in DC wants to do. They are supposed to compromise and the republicans said, pass our bill or we pass nothing. Great attitude for the part of the "people".

Because the Dems have 2 trillion more in there for bailouts for their corrupt Dim cities that they destroyed.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot

"Because they did it" isn't a reason to shred the basis of our Republic. Otherwise, what the hell are we doing here?

It literally is though, when the supreme court rules on something like daca that violates the constitution then they set a precedent. They have to follow it now, if they want to invalidate Trump's executive orders then they would also invalidate Obama's.

Therefore he absolutely should do exactly what he is doing. Either way we win.

Yes, new rules set by ZERO and the other side would be foolish to not play by them.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

I don't "tow the line".

I speak up for what I believe is the truth.

Examples:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are also numerous posts that I do not intend to hunt down.

I go where I believe the truth is. I am not afraid to be wrong. I am not afraid to stand fast when I'm right either. I don't toe the line for anyone or anything. I'm just a person with a view like any other.
edit on 8 10 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

You're having a hard time seeing passed the Trump administration.

@projectvxn
Your thoughts on EOs is spot on... Very well stated and defended. Constitutionalists have enemies on the left and "right"; the reaction to your posts is proof perfect of that very real fact.

The masses have been caught up in diverging cults of personality for decades. Trump Vs Biden. Trump Vs Hillary. Obama Vs Romney. Obama Vs McCain etc...

When the reality since at least 2000 has been Republicans and Democrats Vs. The Constitution of the United States. Sadly, the Constitution has been losing battle after battle while the people squabble over which of their cults is the better of the two to knock the Constitution back that much farther...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

I understand the need to "fight back." But we have to ask ourselves what it is were really fighting for. If this is just an ever-escalating tit for tat at the expense of my liberty and that of my children then it isn't the right fight.

I do not mind going to war. But I want my war to mean something, god damned it. I've already been a participant in a war that meant nothing. I'm not interested in "leadership" with sliding "standards" and zero discipline. That's not how we win wars. That's how we create the nation the Bolsheviks want. It's how we swing the pendulum so far to the right that one day we will get a Hitler. I don't want what either is offering.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

The vaccine is absolutely being mass-produced. Protip: don't root for the virus, don't back China and don't bet against this country. A little bit of optimism will go along way. Facts are facts...this President has done a good job, the virus is usually not fatal or even serious, and the economy is rebounding faster than anyone expected even with China and the democrats doing their best to sabotage it.

The amount comes out to much more when you factor income tax withholding suspension (not SS/Medicare!)

And most red states are reopened. Unfortunately bars in many places do remain closed, and that needs to be rectified. It's your risk to take.

Again, it is a damn shame democrats are not only cheering on the virus but they are working to undermine the public's optimism, sense of safety and harm the federal government's efforts

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I get your point, but the federal government really doesn't have the authority to tell property owners they have to let nonpaying tennets remain.

It might pass long enough to ride out a vaccine but in the end the only answer is get people back to work. The overreaction and overreach needs walked back, not people doubling down on stupid

FWIW, I do support temporary prohibition on evictions unless it's an egregious case unrelated to covid overreactions. I don't want to see anybody put out when they were obviously at a time productive members of society
edit on 8/10/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

They still loaded it with fluff/wishlist items and failed to give businesses who take reasonable precautions immunity from unscrupulous lawsuits by shiesty lawyers.

Dems are once again politicizing the relief bill. ONLY covid related relief efforts need be included.

Why is it so hard for them to put out a clean bill?

Why do they insist on abusing Americans to past a grocery list of items in their agenda when the voters have already rejected them and their politics? (See 2016 election)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Um... because nearly any social/non-war/spying issue they are far apart... like every single thing. Then they have to compromise on things but tell me what is the GOP plan?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes it is, you pass the House bill with things you dont like removed and add things you like then reconcile it.

How it worked for 200+ years before Mitch.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Only if we let it go to people who want it destroyed. Then there's people who would destroy it to prevent the others from destroying it.

The problem is that we have a deeply unethical view of retribution and we call that justice. We recognize it on the left because of the woke BS and social justice nonsense. But we don't always see it on the right.

You don't need retribution if the punishment deters the action.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join