It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is super mad that Trump helped folks she ignored

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FishBait

LOL, you are free to your fantasy, no question there, but how is your math skills? I'll offer you a little help. First, the government forced the shut down of the economy. Then, they decided to give everyone who needed it, unemployment. Then they gave everyone some extra money. Now, you can argue if that was a good idea or not, that's a different issue. But what happened, was the extra money they offered to help keep families afloat, went away. (I hope you are still with me here) So you have families who were able to buy groceries, now may not be able to do that, since they aren't getting the extra assistance. And remember, the government is still keeping businesses closed. Rather than keep that assistance flowing, the democrats and republicans couldn't agree on a way to go forward. It seems we both agree on that part.

So now, we have what Trump just did. rather than just sit back, and watch poor families loose everything, he is giving them something, which by my math is more than nothing. So again, with even the new math, Trump has done more to help the immediate situation than both parties. I'm sure it's political, but when it's election time, everything is.

so I agree, you can't have it both ways. Yeesh indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If local and state governments open back up, the economy will improve.

That's bad for democrats.

If democrats block Trump's EO's, then poor people will be hurt.

That's bad for democrats.

Democrats can yell, scream, lie, make crap up, but in the end, they're screwed.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is certainly an odd time. Scrolling through social media and some forums today and I’m seeing the Dems getting backlash from long time Democrat voters while I’m also seeing the R’s and C’s coming out against the EO.

I believe this is much, much needed right now and while I’m uncertain of how it could all play out, it’s refreshing to see some people who tow the line regularly saying, “Wait a minute....this is f*cked.”

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: toolgal462

Burning down what you're trying to defend is no defense at all.

Ya know, this one line just helped me out in a completely different context of my life that has nothing to do with politics.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: toolgal462

You think like the R losers have been thinking and that's why we are here right now.

Standards and discipline is what sets us apart from the wanton nihilistic destruction that faces us down on our streets today.

Yah, you keep believing that and see where it gets us all.

hear me: Dems CHANGED the rules (not Trump). SC UPHELD their changing the rules.

Trump is playing within the rules already set forth by previous administration.

Dick-Tator Trump won the 2016 election by breaking the rules and the law...he got impeach for it...he lies to you guy's the retard orange man B.S is way to the presidency and you guys see like a god that cant do anything wrong...

ps: Im glad that i live in a country with a real leader...that can lead and unified ita people instead of making people that think differently the enemy...this enemy that Trump want you to hate are your brother, cousin, uncle, mother, father, friends...its ok not to like the idea of the other side...its not ok to hate the peoples and promote conspiracy theory that demonize the other side...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Those unemployed due to the pandemic (and for other reasons) should get unemployment as expected per usual. Nobody should be getting $600/week unemployment raises.
Some form of relief for businesses not allowed to operate makes sense.
That $600/week nonsense would be better put toward those who are still working but whose income has been reduced as a direct result. Bartenders, commissioned retail sales employees, people who have been forced to reduce hours to homeschool kids but aren't laid off.

This is what irks me - instead of making $750/week working 5 days/week, my wife is/was (during school year) making $150/week because she has to stay home and be a teacher except for my day off when I spend half of my day off (I'm off Wed & Sun.)

My income only diminished ~20% since the start of the pandemic, because I've been pushng so hard at worm, working easily 3x as hard, and burning half of one of my off days playing teacher. Errands for the week get done instead on Sundays, leaving no true time off work for 5 months now. I ease that a bit by spending more money for essentials (grocery delivery, etc.)

If my wife was laid off, she could easily get all of the errands done, while making probably $500/week more than she does working full time. We also wouldn't be spending extra money on grocery delivery, occasionally paying for services I would normally do myself but don't have the time anymore.

Those on unemployment get heaps of free time, plenty of time for errands, family time, playing teacher, and extra money in their pockets. Because my wife was not laid off, between reduced income and increased expenses, compared to those on SuperUnemployment, our net is easily $2500/less, while our stress levels are through the roof and sleep hours in the tank.

Glad my struggles are providing tax money for the life of luxury the unemployed (mostly by choice at this point) are enjoying.

Any dollar of pork they put in should be one papercut per congresscretin who votes for it.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: THeGreaTZoiD
OK let's see some evidence of that.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Those unemployed due to the pandemic (and for other reasons) should get unemployment as expected per usual. Nobody should be getting $600/week unemployment raises.
Some form of relief for businesses not allowed to operate makes sense.
That $600/week nonsense would be better put toward those who are still working but whose income has been reduced as a direct result. Bartenders, commissioned retail sales employees, people who have been forced to reduce hours to homeschool kids but aren't laid off.

This is what irks me - instead of making $750/week working 5 days/week, my wife is/was (during school year) making $150/week because she has to stay home and be a teacher except for my day off when I spend half of my day off (I'm off Wed & Sun.)

My income only diminished ~20% since the start of the pandemic, because I've been pushng so hard at worm, working easily 3x as hard, and burning half of one of my off days playing teacher. Errands for the week get done instead on Sundays, leaving no true time off work for 5 months now. I ease that a bit by spending more money for essentials (grocery delivery, etc.)

If my wife was laid off, she could easily get all of the errands done, while making probably $500/week more than she does working full time. We also wouldn't be spending extra money on grocery delivery, occasionally paying for services I would normally do myself but don't have the time anymore.

Those on unemployment get heaps of free time, plenty of time for errands, family time, playing teacher, and extra money in their pockets. Because my wife was not laid off, between reduced income and increased expenses, compared to those on SuperUnemployment, our net is easily $2500/less, while our stress levels are through the roof and sleep hours in the tank.

Glad my struggles are providing tax money for the life of luxury the unemployed (mostly by choice at this point) are enjoying.

Any dollar of pork they put in should be one papercut per congresscretin who votes for it.

Ok....but some of those people occupy the same job all there life and some where making 2000$ and up a week...they have payment to make for there house, car and credit card and when you make 2000$ a week you lived for 2000$ a week.

Unemployement is meaby 500$ a week...so if people only get regular unemployement people will loose everything and they will stop buying. If they stop buying the economy will crumble.

regular unemployement 500$ plus supplement 600$ is 1100$ so still they have to skate by with 900$ less than before....i dont call it luxury...

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Cool story, bro!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
OK let's see some evidence of that.

Of what...can you be less precise...i nderstand to much...lol

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
She and chick Schumer just don't like the table Trump bent them over.

For all their faux optimism, thy know Biden is a blundering fool who will tank the election like he has several other times before this.

Despite Pelosi and Dems trying to torpedo the economy, the riots, the blue state lockdowns, the worthless failed teacher unions trying to destroy normalcy ... The economy is coming back faster than any "expert" predicted.

The experts know nothing. Democrats are posturing, they are terrified fearful little things and know we are coming at them like a speeding locomotive.

Let's run them over in Nov.

The real question is how do we severely punish them for doing this to our country?
edit on 8/10/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tjack
thank...:-)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You aren't even a voter...say what you want little guy. Good thing it doesn't matter

Dimms are losing, big time. Wait til those blundering fools face off against the Pres.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So Nancy's all mad and stuff? Cool. She can go scratch her mad spot.

Apparently she thinks anything Trump did to help people out is "slop." She wanted to bail out the same state governments who caused the problem and who have been spending more than they had for decades. OK, Nancy, got it: your intent is to help states, not people. Helping people is "slop"; helping states is good business.

She needs to go crawl back into her bottle and stay there like a good little pickle.

Oh, I just heard yet another blurb come crawling out of that alcohol inlet valve on the front of her head: "The American people should be picking the President, not Vladimir Putin." Hey, you ignorant excuse for an antiseptic disposal bin, we did! You tried to override us. Back in your bottle!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

You aren't even a voter...say what you want little guy. Good thing it doesn't matter

Dimms are losing, big time. Wait til those blundering fools face off against the Pres.

Wow...just WoW...

Continue hating the other side im telling you it will not end well for the country you pretend to love.you guys elect trump to disturb # in the government not because it would be good for your country...is there anough # going on for you...out of control pandemic...riot in the street...and stop blaming the other side...the out of control pandemic is going on cause Trump cant understand the severity of it...and the rioting is because of is unhability to unite the people in the same direction....

and im glad that for me it dosent mather like you said...but i am Canadian...i have a brother and 2 sisters in the states...my father is buried in maryland.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Here here!!

Back in your bottle Nancy you lush!

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Pandemic = China but mostly manufactured hype

Riots = angry liberals and failed dimm policies

And sorry to hear about your Father
No disrespect to him or you

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

LOL, you are free to your fantasy, no question there, but how is your math skills? I'll offer you a little help. First, the government forced the shut down of the economy. Then, they decided to give everyone who needed it, unemployment. Then they gave everyone some extra money. Now, you can argue if that was a good idea or not, that's a different issue. But what happened, was the extra money they offered to help keep families afloat, went away. (I hope you are still with me here) So you have families who were able to buy groceries, now may not be able to do that, since they aren't getting the extra assistance. And remember, the government is still keeping businesses closed. Rather than keep that assistance flowing, the democrats and republicans couldn't agree on a way to go forward. It seems we both agree on that part.

So now, we have what Trump just did. rather than just sit back, and watch poor families loose everything, he is giving them something, which by my math is more than nothing. So again, with even the new math, Trump has done more to help the immediate situation than both parties. I'm sure it's political, but when it's election time, everything is.

so I agree, you can't have it both ways. Yeesh indeed.

The majority of what he did is defer stuff which isn't much help when your still out of work and the bills keep piling up. Originally when he was talking trash on the new dem bill he said he wanted to give more than the dems but in the end he actually cut the extra unemployment from $600-400. That won't even last most people a week so it's the same as doing nothing. It's a BS ploy to try to get votes. He could have authorized another round of stimulus checks, kept the $600 for the unemployed oh and here's a stunning idea...finally give people health care they have wanted for years. Now would have been the perfect time for Trump and his party to come to the rescue of the will of the people and say we are making health care for everyone and it will be a good system you can count on. You know, one of his campaign promises.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It's $400 a week.

The jobs are there...blue states have no choice but to open up.

Most of he country is getting back to work and back to school. Dems don't get to deprive people of their income and their sense of normalcy

For 99.9% of people the virus won't be an issue. For 40%+ they won't have symptoms. And a vaccine is already being mass-produced.

You can't stretch this out much further. The rest of us are already in recovery mode - the left needs to catch up.

FYI mostly blue areas that are out of work. Red states have fully reopened. Those without jobs because of state gov should MOVE to the employee friendly parts of this country.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And sorry to hear about your Father
No disrespect to him or you

ok...J"carpet"Burns

so you think the whole world is agains Dick-Tator Trump...the guy is a fraud and he rest of the world is laughing at im...you guys are the worst infected country in the world...for Canadian its like living beside a country with an STD

the riot start because of police brutality....and trump response is more police brutality...the guy gas is own people just to got take a pic to pretend he is christian...and i know your gonna said there not is people there democrat....well i got news for you the president is suppose to be the president of every citizen in the country not just the people that vote for him

ps:the name calling is just to make you see that you guys are arguing like school yard children...try something tonight go to your girlfriend ask her for something and lead with"you # bich"and see where it will lead to

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It's $400 a week.

The jobs are there...blue states have no choice but to open up.

Most of he country is getting back to work and back to school. Dems don't get to deprive people of their income and their sense of normalcy

For 99.9% of people the virus won't be an issue. For 40%+ they won't have symptoms. And a vaccine is already being mass-produced.

You can't stretch this out much further. The rest of us are already in recovery mode - the left needs to catch up.

FYI mostly blue areas that are out of work. Red states have fully reopened. Those without jobs because of state gov should MOVE to the employee friendly parts of this country.

Woops I did say month, but it doesn't change the fact that he decreased the amount after saying he wanted to give more than dems. It was a lie as usual. Trying to get votes.

There is no working vaccine, just ones they are ready to test on humans. Good disinfo though.

And what a lie about red states being totally re-opened. There are still plenty of places closed in red states, mostly bars.

I love it how you scream for links when it's someone else but conveniently avoid them when you are lying.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join