It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi is super mad that Trump helped folks she ignored

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Burning down what you're trying to defend is no defense at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Burning down what you're trying to defend is no defense at all.

sometimes a controlled burn is called for to save it all

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I read her and Schumer's comment. Its utter horse#. Plain and simple. They say he needs to return to the table as if he was the one who would not negotiate. McConnell did his own thing, which didn't always agree with Trump. We are not China. The party is not the government. Trump is not McConnell, and he absolutely is not "The Republican Party" (who often times is working against him as much as anyone).

She built a strawman, beat the everloving hell out of it, and then smiled in satisfaction. LOL, what a true piece of work she is.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A politician that adds anything to the stimulus bill not directly related to the pandemic, is no better than someone who loots during a disaster.

(Saw that meme somewhere, and I think it's true. The Dem Party is no better than looters during a crisis.)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Just had this argument with a cousin that posted some talking heads rant that it was a purely political move... I said DUH... it election season, do you really think pelosi holding up the bill was for any other reason beyond more pork that will make them look good in election season.

As for how to stop them, nothing short of a convention of the states forcing term limits on congress can stop them.

And then your cuz unfriended you?

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You think like the R losers have been thinking and that's why we are here right now.

Standards and discipline is what sets us apart from the wanton nihilistic destruction that faces us down on our streets today.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Eventually, treating EOs as though they have the same force of authority as congressionally passed laws will turn this nation into a dictatorship.

I recognize that I like what Trump is doing politically. But I am not blind to what might be when he isn't the one at the helm.

We've had checks and balances built into the constitution legislated, adjudicated, and EO'd away. If we don't get a handle on this we're going to lose the country with the stroke of a pen one day. The SCOTUS giving the EO that much weight is a crime against the Constitution and a serious shot across the bow of American Constitutionalism.

So much of this.

The only thing i will say beyond that is that in this case, the EO was a check against the legislators who are incompetent. He tried to push them to agree, and they didnt. Unfortunately, unilateral action was the only way forward.

We should ALL see what was going on...the lives of Americans are being leveraged to win an election. Pelosi wants to make it impossible to negotiate with her so she can point to Trump when people are suffering. I think her strategy has blown up in her face....this was her basically handing Trump an enormous win in the eyes of the people.

Combine that with the NRA thing and it was a good weak for Team Trump.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You're having a hard time seeing passed the Trump administration.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You think like the R losers have been thinking and that's why we are here right now.

Standards and discipline is what sets us apart from the wanton nihilistic destruction that faces us down on our streets today.

Yah, you keep believing that and see where it gets us all.

hear me: Dems CHANGED the rules (not Trump). SC UPHELD their changing the rules.

Trump is playing within the rules already set forth by previous administration.

link   
As a side note earlier this mornng heard my sister and mom,it sounding like they were arguing. Went and checked it out, no it was just Pelosi on TV and they were both calling all of her BS out LOL. These 2 people really didn't care about politics or any of this stuff Pre COVID, all I can say if the media and left are indeed brainwashing it didn't take root here. Got a feeling there is a lot of people who feel the same way.

And yes I get the concern about EO's but in terms of urgency something needed to be done considering the stalemate in congress.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I read her and Schumer's comment. Its utter horse#. Plain and simple. They say he needs to return to the table as if he was the one who would not negotiate. McConnell did his own thing, which didn't always agree with Trump. We are not China. The party is not the government. Trump is not McConnell, and he absolutely is not "The Republican Party" (who often times is working against him as much as anyone).

She built a strawman, beat the everloving hell out of it, and then smiled in satisfaction. LOL, what a true piece of work she is.

Schuimer's comments...what ever Trump does is not enough and too late... that is all he says over and over to suggest no matter what Trump does he is still failing everyone...lol

This is from a guy that does nothing, hasn't done crap for the last 20+ years...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Eventually, treating EOs as though they have the same force of authority as congressionally passed laws will turn this nation into a dictatorship.

I recognize that I like what Trump is doing politically. But I am not blind to what might be when he isn't the one at the helm.

We've had checks and balances built into the constitution legislated, adjudicated, and EO'd away. If we don't get a handle on this we're going to lose the country with the stroke of a pen one day. The SCOTUS giving the EO that much weight is a crime against the Constitution and a serious shot across the bow of American Constitutionalism.

Yeah. Sigh. We're in a existential sticky wicket whatever that is. I haven't wanted to say it out loud but I think the experiment is over.

The system is weakened and we have decades of infiltration from IC warlords, corporate warlords, globalists big & small either ideological or on the payroll, a bureaucracy of assets, sellouts, psychopaths, & political whores. Our constitution has been gutted in so many ways.

All the last 3-yrs have done is dragged it into the light. When the bad guys grab back power our world is going to #.

That's when our enemies abroad will start knockin'. Yeah, I hate to say it but we're surrounded and history does foretell the future: It's the inner-decay, the corruption, that topples the giants and all superpowers follow a curve.

Wanting to end on a brighter note, I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday, though!

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

You're having a hard time seeing passed the Trump administration.

So are you. Do you think that we will never have a Dem president again? And furthermore, do you believe that a future Dem president will not use the E/O to bypass the congress as Obama already did?

And Trump attempted to overturn it the right way by the SC and the court ruled it fine with them.

This is the world put in place last administration and Trump has every right to do what was okay for Zero to do when he was president.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Yeah. Sigh. We're in a existential sticky wicket whatever that is. I haven't wanted to say it out loud but I think the experiment is over.

The system is weakened and we have decades of infiltration from IC warlords, corporate warlords, globalists big & small either ideological or on the payroll, a bureaucracy of assets, sellouts, psychopaths, & political whores. Our constitution has been gutted in so many ways.

All the last 3-yrs have done is dragged it into the light. When the bad guys grab back power our world is going to #.

That's when our enemies abroad will start knockin'. Yeah, I hate to say it but we're surrounded and history does foretell the future: It's the inner-decay, the corruption, that topples the giants and all superpowers follow a curve.

Wanting to end on a brighter note, I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday, though!

Thank you for explaining it so much better than I could.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
I agree totally and I back Trump. But this is a two edge sword - the executive order.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I never understood something about that woman. I don't know anyone that ever liked her in my neck of the woods, granted I am not from her district in Cali. but do people there really like her that much she keeps getting elected in? I swear I don't even recall reading anywhere online where anyone likes her except for bs propaganda ads on youtube. Does this monster really have that many people that think she is good and is doing a good job??? I guess I will never understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
let us not forget that Trump also put to rest that Dim talking point about "pre existing conditions" not being covered by any R health insurance policy.

Was that also in this E/O? I'm confused where Trump managed to put that in place.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Only if we let it go to people who want it destroyed. Then there's people who would destroy it to prevent the others from destroying it.

The problem is that we have a deeply unethical view of retribution and we call that justice. We recognize it on the left because of the woke BS and social justice nonsense. But we don't always see it on the right.

Once we allowed, even encouraged the "freedom" for people to utterly gut our Constitution, we lost our republic.

It's a sham-republic. Kabuki Theatre. Politicians pretend to take an oath to preserve and defend the Constition and immediately start destroying it.

The people pretend that the people they elected are doing what's in their best interests.

The media pretends to be unbiased.

There is more realism, actual factual content in an "Avengers" movie than in the United States.

Just my humble opinion of course. I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
a reply to: network dude

I never understood something about that woman. I don't know anyone that ever liked her in my neck of the woods, granted I am not from her district in Cali. but do people there really like her that much she keeps getting elected in? I swear I don't even recall reading anywhere online where anyone likes her except for bs propaganda ads on youtube. Does this monster really have that many people that think she is good and is doing a good job??? I guess I will never understand.

Big money interests keep her in power and no challenger has the money to challenge her. Therefore, hers is the only name they recognize at the ballot box so they continue to vote for her

Campaign finance reform really needs to be addressed so that big money cannot bankroll these incumbents.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Campaign finance reform really needs to be addressed so that big money cannot bankroll these incumbents.

Good luck with that one. Politicians aren't about to pass legislation that might limit their bankroll.

It reminded me that when George Soros married his third wife, Tamiko, in 2013, Nancy Pelosi was one of the honored guests at his wedding.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join