It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Onion Recall--Salmonella

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Public Service announcement for ATS Members.

Just trying to save my ATS friends a day or two on the crapper.

Anywhoo...

Looks like there's a major recall of onions in the US...so if you have a bag of onions from any of the brands mentioned below...throw those bad boys out ASAP.

A salmonella outbreak, including two cases in Pennsylvania, has prompted a produce distributor to voluntarily recall onions sold in all 50 states.

Thompson International Inc. distributed red, yellow, white and sweet onions potentially contaminated with salmonella bacteria in cartons and mesh sacks weighing between 3 and 50 pounds.

They are sold under the brand names Thomson Premium, TLC Thomson International, Tender Loving Care, El Competitor, Hartley’s Best, Onions 52, Majestic, Imperial Fresh, Kroger, Utah Onions and Food Lion.

www.mcall.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wish you would have posted yesterday.....I am on the crapper at a laundry mat as I type.

Bright side, I will lose some weight.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Had a smoked brisket sandwich yesterday loaded with onions. No issues yet though, so hopefully I dodged a bullet.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks for the reminder. I've just checked (I'm in Canada), and am glad you posted this.

My onions are Thompson's Onions 52.

Into the green waste, they go. Hadn't had any issues with them, but why take the risk?
edit on 9-8-2020 by dffrntkndfnml because: added location

edit on 9-8-2020 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammar

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

They are sold under the brand names Thomson Premium, TLC Thomson International, Tender Loving Care, El Competitor, Hartley’s Best, Onions 52, Majestic, Imperial Fresh, Kroger, Utah Onions and Food Lion.

So...I'm good right? No worries with these?
edit on 9/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Great! Ate one last night and had to call in this morning. The wife’s ok but I cooked the crap out of the onion, and I cooked so I touched the outer onion. I’ve been looking all over the internet.
I should have came here first.
God bless the ATS lol

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Umm ...

Who eats onion skin on

Who dosent wash there onion

Who dosent peel off the first layer

Sad somehow basic food prep is so far gone people can get sick from such things

It use to just be common knowledge food grown from the ground might have poop on it wash it off ...

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I had some onion, but it was a very small container of pre chopped onions, but I checked it against your list. I go through a lot of onion, as I like to put it in my salads I make, and frozen burgers and chicken sandwiches that I microwave. Oh, and I sprinkle onion on pizza before I bake it. Don’t want to be spending extra time on the crapper.

new topics

top topics

join