It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All ATS Members / Check your Desktop Network to see if a BlockChain Device is Connected to Modem!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Have you tested your network device connections yet?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Have you checked your Network Device Connections yet?

Why not?

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Never once have your ever debated the issue. I must be spot on.

I guess? My fridge isn't spying on me and neither is my router. Even if they were I'm sure the NSA already has everything it needs on me from its meta data harvesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I will get back to you after ATT tells me whats going on.

Here's whats going on

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING FOR OUR $$$$$

Someone is trying to access the router from a wireless device via WIFI. The Russian bitcoin threat is real. Could be a Smartphone, Laptop, or other device. ATT could not figure out which one. I will probably go to the Geeks assuming they do that sort of stuff.

ATT said to change the password to my WIFI monthly. That's a royal PIA

So I went to Norton today:

High-profile people and companies among Twitter accounts hacked in Bitcoin scam

Here's the device trying to access our router:

BRN001BA9B6DOF3

So cut and paste into anything other than Google and what do you see?

edit on 10-8-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 10-8-2020 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 10-8-2020 by Waterglass because: screen shot

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

your making up wild conspiracy theories about it

Seems like you are because have you checked YOUR network devices?

This isn't about me its about letting others know whats going on and what you need to do. But then again if your already in the know, I mean the hell with it.

Well this is an update as I finally spoke with ATT today. ATT Tech Support [Mel] said that something is trying to obtain unauthorized access via one of our connected devices via WIFI into the Router that's connected to our Desktops. Yea the ones where all the financial information is performed to pay bills.

He said that it could be on a Android Phone, Laptop, Tablet or other as he tested and looked at everything. He said that we [I] need to determine which one it is. He changed my WIFI password immediately and told me to change it monthly.

So we have 6 devices connected including one device from my wife's employer. Same company who was smacked last year by ransomware. In fact the entire USA Poultry industry was under ransomware attack in 2019. The attacks originated from Bulgaria.

So I went and took a look at my Android phone to look at Norton 360 program on my phone. When I opened it it said that my subscription had expired. Huh. I just renewed it this May 2020. I confirmed that by going onto Norton's web site. Norton also had the download recorded as active on my Android device. So did those guys shut off Norton? Well sir someone did and it wasn't me and yes it was activated by me when it was downloaded in May.

So either I or the Geek Squad if they do that stuff need to find out which device contains BRN001BA9B6D0F3.

I did a factory reset of the phone and reinstalled Norton, Its up and functional. The refrigerator. You spun that I didn't.

edit on 10-8-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Hey tech unsavvy, BRN001BA9B6DOF3 is the node name for a wired Brother printer. You can tell by the BRN (Brother). If it was wireless, it would start with BRW. The 001BA9B6DOF3 is the printers MAC address.

No scary Russians needed.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fridge talking to you? Mumbles? Nah. You need to lurk over at Paranormal

The muffled radio noise or music or talk that seems to come from another room is the "presence" trying to tune you in but it just can’t seem to find you.

Louis Proud

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Uh, no. There's enough woo here without that.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

First of all thank you! Correct Terry I am not Tech Savy. Yes we have a Brother Printer and its hard wired to the router. Now, per ATT I blocked BRN001BA9B6DOF3.

So I just went over to my wife's desktop and printed a word document. It printed on the Brother. Should it have?

Actually, this is what I saw on Duck Duck so I got freaked. ATT verified that someone is trying to attain unauthorized access so is the threat real? They think so.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So you have a wired Brother printer that you “blocked”? Care to explain how you “blocked” it?

Also, being a self admitted tech unsavvy person, why are you jumping through hoops to try and say it’s something nefarious? If you don’t know tech, you certainly can’t say its anything bad.
edit on 1082020 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

001BA9B6DOF3 As you know is a MAC address, this OUI belongs to Brother.

Go to

www dot coffer dot com/mac_find/?string=001BA9B6DOF3

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If not been mentioned also check websites. There have been plenty of popular sites over the years that got busted for having bitcoin miners hidden in their web pages that hijacked your computer hardware to mine for 'coins' while you viewed their site. A fairly popular nautical crime themed torrent site was one example. One of their staff members at the time blew the whistle.

Certain plug-ins can prevent this. I'd mention them by name but ATS doesn't like people using them. Because a lot of this kind of crap is hidden in embedded Advertising many websites rely on for revenue.

There are a billion ways to hijack your tech for nefarious purposes. It's on the user to understand the technology they're using. Sadly too many will never RTFM and that's why these entities can do these things.

If more people understood the tech they use and used it properly, the internet would be a different place today.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

"It" told me to run ATT "Smart Home Manager" and call "us" in the morning if the issue persists.

Typically these customer service people know nothing that will help you and they may actually be crooks.

Procedure to reset the "Network Key" password on your router. If someone knows what they are doing and have your password. They can do anything to your computer.

Connect ethernet from laptop to ethernet on router. Disconnect router (greenjack) from dsl phone line (internet).

Open your Browser in your computer and use it as an interface. Type in your AP address listed on your router, to go to home page. Click on "wireless" which will take you to the LAN page. Choose "use custom network key". It will ask you for the password listed on your router to allow you to put in any password you would like for your new "Network key".

Make sure to right this number down somewhere as you will need it to connect your computer or any other device to your router in the future.

posted on Aug, 12 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Hey tech unsavvy, BRN001BA9B6DOF3 is the node name for a wired Brother printer. You can tell by the BRN (Brother). If it was wireless, it would start with BRW. The 001BA9B6DOF3 is the printers MAC address.

No scary Russians needed.

This is the correct answer. I recognised this as a Brother MAC address straight away. I don't care what ATT tech support say, most of those guys are woefully unqualified and are usually reading from a cheat sheet.

BTW, I have a degree in Computer Science, I'm Cisco systems certified and have worked in the industry since leaving Uni in 2004, whereas most of the tech support guys are just employees who've been given some training on what they need to know to get most people up and running.

posted on Aug, 14 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: schuyler

....as been on my network. Period. I can go in and look at every incoming and outgoing request on my network, zero of them are connecting to any suspicious or bitcoin miney looking addresses. Op stated, there were hidden bitcoin mining devices using my network. I don't give a # about what windows network manager says, I want to look at everything on my network I look at my #ing router..

So who bloody cares? This thread is not about YOU and YOUR NETWORK. It's about OP's. That YOU don't have anything connected to YOUR network is irrelevant to this discussion. Nobody asked about YOUR network. And you telling us about YOUR network does absolutely nothing to clarify, help, or fix OP's issue. If OP was having car trouble would you pipe up to say YOUR car is running fine so what is his problem?

Why are you being such a twat? At least this guy had something coheirent to say. The OP is a raving loon and you are an asshole.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join