It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two ex-Green Berets sentenced to 20 years for Venezuela attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

It might have been the confiscatory policies and the humanitarian crisis they created.

I talk to actual Venezuelans who had to flee just to escape starvation. The Bolivar collapsed and now the government is trying to create the Petro cryptocurrency to offload bad government decisions on the crypto space.

Maduro is a communist dictator who is enriching himself at the expense of the people. That doesn't mean this attempted cluster**** of a "raid" was smart, nor does it mean it was a US operation.

What it does mean is that someone inside Caracas was trying to get Maduro out of the country for a morale victory against the communist regime.

It failed. Not surprisingly considering the level of miracle work that would have to be engaged in to make the details of this supposed "operation" happen.
edit on 8 9 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not quite as fast to throw them away. It's a flaw.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't know.. Im no fan of Maduro but there are many forces at play from the documentarys i watched. Including the u.s. It's not just a simple tropico dictator situation.

Watch abbey martin's Venezuela video on her channel empire files. She is one of the few who interviewed anti maduro and pro maduro people and tried to uncover the real cause of Venezuela's crisis at the beginning stages.

I strongly suggest viewing those videos. It made me open my eyes up to how bad the u.s. media is at real journalism.

Too often we get a black and white picture from the media.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You don't have to convince me our media is garbage.

Abby does a pretty good job with that but her left wing bias shows through. Not that she's dishonest, she's just biased.

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

She may have bias but she also made a 45 minute video debunking the left leaning show "last week tonight with john oliver" on their Venezuela episode.

She is left leaning but she looks outside of the mainstream media matrix. She does stellar journastic work. I can understand if you disagree with her opinions though.

Im up for any source that isnt MSM. I can't understand how ATS posters continue to post fox news segments as if it is not propaganda just like CNN or MSNBC.
edit on 10-8-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It's what's available.

I prefer non-msm sources as well. Particularly primary sources.

On Abby, I don't approve of many of her left wing opinions, but as I said, I don't find Abby to be a dishonest broker. What's good about her is that we agree on the facts, maybe not what those facts means, but the baseline is there. The same cannot be said for the MSM overall, barring few exceptions.
edit on 8 10 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: kloejen

Should we blame Saudi Arabia for the 911 attack?
15 of them were Saudis...

Not really when you understand that the CIA is very much in the same bed as Saudi Arabia.

<< 1   >>

join