It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs Executive Order for COVID - Unemployment, No Payroll Taxes, Student Loans and Evictions

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Here is a question for ya. One person is earning 99,000 another is earning 105,000.
So, how would it work? The person making 99,000 wouldnt have to pay, I know. But, does the person making 105,000 end up paying the tax on all 105, 000 or would he be taxed on just the 5,000 over 100,000? I have a feeling it would be anything up to 100,000 would be tax free, and only the amount over would be taxed, otherwise you would end up with a range of income that no one would really want to be in because it is more profitable to keep your income below 100,000.
But, here is the pl problem with that....
There is a cap on how much can be taxed, anything above something like 137,000 isnt taxable. So, at the most, some people, a few people, could have 37,000 of their income subject to the tax. Smaller pool, smaller amount of taxable income at a time when we really need a larger pool and the cap higher.
Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

I am kidding, but who knows, just making a point.

His first EO will be to make hair sniffing acceptable..

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bicent

The only thing he cares about is himself.

Citation needed.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

About that....

my mother is not wealty. She lives off her social security, and i pay her bills because she lives with me. She has 2 rent houses that actually cost us money, but I hold on to them because she wants to leave them to someone when she passes one day.

Last year, for the first time in her life, she earned 100k. This was almost 100% capital gains related due to the sale of properties that were used to pay down unpaid taxes. She is anything but wealthy, as I said. Even the 2 rent houses she still owns are worth very little because of property values in the town they are in.

THis year she's gotten nothing. No $1200. No tax breaks or anything.

Some of the hurdles that are being used as gates for these decisions are not really that great.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

All he did was defer stuff, everyone will still be on the hook for the full amount. So it really does nothing. He didn't even halt evictions, just suggested they don't do it! What a hoot! Landlords are already evicting people, they aren't going to stop on their own. He even tried to say he will eliminate your accrued debt in Jan if people vote for him. So in other words he's holding you hostage and you have to hope he doesn't kill you if you do what he says. Great president.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs
Just one more step for a Universal Basic Income

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

About that....

my mother is not wealty. She lives off her social security, and i pay her bills because she lives with me. She has 2 rent houses that actually cost us money, but I hold on to them because she wants to leave them to someone when she passes one day.

Last year, for the first time in her life, she earned 100k. This was almost 100% capital gains related due to the sale of properties that were used to pay down unpaid taxes. She is anything but wealthy, as I said. Even the 2 rent houses she still owns are worth very little because of property values in the town they are in.

THis year she's gotten nothing. No $1200. No tax breaks or anything.

Some of the hurdles that are being used as gates for these decisions are not really that great.

I know that with every decision, not everyone makes out. capital gains taxes are what screwed your mom,unfortunately.

There are far too many taxes as I'm sure you already know. It's death by a thousand cuts for the average person in this country.

sigh

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hit em where it hurts. Free money for them (the public) not you (the establishment) Dude had a good run, hope he can finish it out.

posted on Aug, 11 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfens

The Covid-19 rescue talks just fell apart again today, because Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are demanding that certain states be bailed out of their self-inflicted fiscal misery.

The latest: www.foxnews.com...

I like what Senator McConnell is telling those states. "Declare Bankruptcy...reorganize...follow the many successful states".

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join