It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs Executive Order for COVID - Unemployment, No Payroll Taxes, Student Loans and Evictions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah, you're getting off track and very boring.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Trump's motives are off track?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Tell him that...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: KKLOCO

Which one is creating more debt?

Trump. Since no law has been passed.

Nice edit. I should have quoted you.

Your original post said: “neither, since no law has been passed”

Ninja edits don’t work here. Accountability does.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You caught me.

Does it change the point I made?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, which is more $600 or $300. You do the math.
edit on 8-8-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Well, what happens when Peter wants his money back? We steal from jack?

Well since the liberals want to do 10x that ask them...

My quote is from a movie...you live in a cave?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Yes, which is more $600 or $300.

Is this a trick question?

edit on 8/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Never wanted to take it away. What Obamacare did was allow you to get insurance but could be denied services. That is not pre-existing conditions. That is what Trump and the Senate are working towards.

No pre-existing condition can affect your healthcare.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That is what Trump and the Senate are working towards.
For how long now? When was the last bill submitted by the Senate?

No pre-existing condition can affect your healthcare.
That is a stipulation inherent in the ACA.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Trump is doing what should have been done long ago.....people are forgetting the tariffs we are receiving, the costs of the Gov. coming down due to forcing others to pay their fair share (NATO, WHO, UN, Etc.) We have become so accustomed to paying our taxes faithfully and watching the money fly away.....THIS is the way it should be, when the country makes money and bills get paid to our Gov. the money belongs to The People, it is ALWAYS OUR money to begin with, but we got soft, we paid our taxes, money came in and was then allocated elsewhere instead of paying down debt, the way it should have been used.....Let the money flow back to the people in the form of debts paid (instead of "other" crap ideas) and Federal Taxes become null and no longer needed from us.....Our country is working FOR us, and WE should be reaping those benefits.....

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

people are forgetting the tariffs we are receiving

You mean paying, right?
The government may get the money but it's the consumers (us folks) who pay for it. The idea being that foreign products will end up being more expensive than domestic products. Not sure that's working out as planned though.
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, looks like gold will break more all time records after this unprecedented move. 🤷‍♂️ I just wanna know how we are going to pay our deficit. Sure not paying taxes I suppose will help, I would LOVE to see the federal government books, I mean can they even keep track of their spending at this point? Our government is so busted.

In the long run, this move is going to be more than likely bad, I see inflation to compensate for the lack of taxes.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Trump's motives are off track?

No, your constant obfuscation of discussions is what is boring and off-track.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Phage....Yes, of course. I see what you are pointing out, but if the country itself is a productive one on the Global economy, then that is between the people and their own country to work out. Right now? The US is in a position to finally give it's citizens a break....it is time for OUR bills to be paid, and for others to pay their debt to our country....the days of allowing freeloading on the United States of America and it's citizens, in order to pull some self serving back room deal that benefits NO ONE except the deal maker?? Are OVER on Trumps watch....
edit on 8-8-2020 by rockhndr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You mean you don't like things which conflict with your paradigm, and reject them.

I can understand that.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent

In the long run, this move is going to be more than likely bad, I see inflation to compensate for the lack of taxes.

Conversely, If our taxes increase by a large amount, inflation will be zapped long term?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rockhndr

🤷‍♂️ Also since renters do not have to pay rent how are the landlords suppose to pay their bills?

At this point such a drastic maneuver it’s safe to say we are in a depression at this point.

I suppose when the chickens come to roost, the system will collapse, or we will have a war to bail us out. Something tells me the latter of the 2 choices is what they think the answer is. It’s not a vaccine..

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Also since renters do not have to pay rent how are the landlords suppose to pay their bills?

Low cost government loans?
Is that part of the package?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I dunno, but it’s bad news, delaying the enviable, you sometimes have to let things fail, to start over, not attempt to keep,things in the economy that is not producing anything, in business we call that bankruptcy, find another productive business etc.

I have not seen moves like this from the government since the depression thou, in my history books.

I also, don’t really think the potus, has the power to do this and I am sure Americans will not save it or pay the taxes they owe next year 🤦‍♂️
edit on 8-8-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join