It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs Executive Order for COVID - Unemployment, No Payroll Taxes, Student Loans and Evictions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Lol... I have a picture of my cat feeding her pet mouse..

But cats and dogs living together is total mayhem???

If he was giving you a payroll tax cut while removing the need for that money, that would be one thing. But, he is not, he is just stealing from Peter to pay paul. Well, what happens when Peter wants his money back? We steal from jack?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Wheres he gone?

Trump then doesn't go back to the White House, turns out the staff came out to see him off before he left for Cleveland because nobody's going to be seeing him for awhile, and then he's supposedly left Cleveland for his Bedminster resort in NJ.
While Trump was appearing in Cleveland yesterday, this gets filed by the DOJ, to seize ASSETS PrivatBank purchased with it's laundered money in Kentucky and Texas.

threadreaderapp.com...

Very interesting thanks for sharing. Does he commonly go there?

Let's wait and see what happens next.

i DON'T THINK SO AND HAS THE WHOLE WHITE HOUSE EVER TURNED OUT TO SEE HIM OFF LIKE THAT?
sOMETHING GOING DOWN! HE SAYS IT WILL BE A WHILE UNTIL YOU SEE ME AGAIN, i HOPE HE WILL BE SAFE.
SORRY OLD PERSON hit caps lock! AGAIN!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy
I'm surprised to see a conservative stoked about increased debt.

Are there spending cuts in this order?

Are you serious? Democrats wanted to extend the $600 per week until January.

Which one is creating more debt?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Trump. Since no law has been passed.
edit on 8/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nice deflection.

Which one would create more debt, if the law were to be passed?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Democrats are fine with debt. That's no secret.

Why aren't you mad at McConnell though? Trump seems to be offering more than he was willing to.

Even if it is a shell game.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is what I asked and no one answered:

Payroll Tax holiday

Trump defers the payroll tax from Sept. 1 to Dec. 31, 2020, for employees making $100,000 or less a year. The tax, deducted from workers' paychecks, funds Social Security and Medicare. Employees would need to repay the federal government once the tax holiday ends without further action.

How many people are going to be in deep # once the taxes come due? Four months of no deductions yet it all comes due Jan 1st. WTF???

Someone please tell me I'm wrong...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

a reply to: DBCowboy
I'm surprised to see a conservative stoked about increased debt.

Are there spending cuts in this order?

Are you serious? Democrats wanted to extend the $600 per week until January.

People need income. People living paycheck to paycheck, when they don't have a paycheck or income, or when their wages are too low to support them.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Four months of no deductions yet it all comes due Jan 1st.

Closer to 5 months, actually (if it's effective today). And it's 7.65% of your wages.

If that amount is not a big deal, why bother in the first place?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Four months of no deductions yet it all comes due Jan 1st.

Closer to 5 months, actually (if it's effective today). And it's 7.65% of your wages.

If that amount is not a big deal, why bother in the first place?

September 1 - December 31.

Four full months. I don't know the percentage, but $1000(ish) for someone that makes $50k is not pocket change. How many will be disciplined enough to save that money so it's there to send in next year? This is ridiculous.

edit on 8-8-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
How is he gonna pay for unemployment with no payroll taxes?
By the way.. he says he is gonna make the payroll tax cut permanent. So, no more social security taxes. Ya know what happens when the social security tax collected doesnt cover the amount needed to pay out current beneficiaries? No, they dont just stop paying out. They start calling on the govt to pay up on the ious till all the ious are paid back. Unless, of course the govt decides to default on that debt.. which would sink our credit rating!

no payroll taxes for people earning less than 100K....

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

How many will be disciplined enough to save that money so it's there to send in next year?

That's sort of the point.

At the end of October some people will be stoked because their paychecks are a little bit bigger. After that, who cares what happens?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I do, we had to pay back three grand this year because of the POS ACA we had to have for three months last year. Plus a penalty for "not having enough taxes taken out to cover the amount".

Pure BS.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

But, the election is in nov.. and hey, if anyone wises up and realizes this before then, they can just make sure trump wins since he says if he is re-elected, he will make the cut permanent..

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

How is he gonna pay for unemployment with no payroll taxes?
By the way.. he says he is gonna make the payroll tax cut permanent. So, no more social security taxes. Ya know what happens when the social security tax collected doesnt cover the amount needed to pay out current beneficiaries? No, they dont just stop paying out. They start calling on the govt to pay up on the ious till all the ious are paid back. Unless, of course the govt decides to default on that debt.. which would sink our credit rating!

Simple put forth a national sales tax it will capture all that black market monies.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

My point was, Trump doesn't care what happens to you after October as long as you vote for him in November. After that, he has no reason to pander.

I think the whole "breakdown" in Congress was a Republican setup to make Trump look like some sort of hero when all he's got is a shell game. A "problem solver," pfft. Republicans took an absurd obstructionist stand intentionally.

Ya'll are falling for it. And it just might bite 'em on the ass.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

But, the election is in nov.. and hey, if anyone wises up and realizes this before then, they can just make sure trump wins since he says if he is re-elected, he will make the cut permanent..

Congress has to do that. Nothing is permanent, if the next congress were to do that the following congress, if different, could reverse it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

And Trump don't care what happens after November.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

And Trump don't care what happens after November.

Point made, move on.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join