It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs Executive Order for COVID - Unemployment, No Payroll Taxes, Student Loans and Evictions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The Democrat genius accountants will come up with BS answers soon. Very soon 🤣

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

In Texas, if you declne to return, even in a lesser position, you can lose your unemployment.

That's the case everywhere, as far as I can tell. It sure is here.

Speaking of "here", things are really not good. "Opening up" is not a good idea. People are idiots, that's why we can't have nice things.
covidtracking.com...

edit on 8/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm actually a bit surprized to see people upset about low to middle class people keeping more of what they've earned.

I guess the communists are getting more brazen.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Payroll Taxes don't ever cover the full expenditures for SS and Medicare anyway🤣

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I'm surprised to see a conservative stoked about increased debt.

Are there spending cuts in this order?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Payroll Taxes don't ever cover the full expenditures for SS and Medicare anyway
Actually, they do. For now.

As a result of changes to Social Security enacted in 1983, benefits are now expected to be payable in full on a timely basis until 2037, when the trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted.

www.ssa.gov...

www.cbpp.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Lol... so arent the republicans..
Look, unless society is willing to pull the rug out from the poor, the unemployed, the elderly, the disabled..
Somebody is gonna be paying this money! It is just a matter of who will be paying and how. If worse comes to worse, it will end up being family members, kids coming back under their parents roofs, kids footing the bill for their elderly parents. Brothers helping each other.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Stop sending money to countries who take advantage of us and reduce everybody's payroll tax to 0%. After President Trump is re-elected of course.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, we hit the point where the money coming in was less that expenditures a year or two ago... maybe longer.
The trust fund reserves are all those ious, or treasury bonds that I mentioned. The govt is obligated to make good on them when needed to make up the shortfall.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I'm surprised to see a conservative stoked about increased debt.

Are there spending cuts in this order?

I hope so. This will certainly bring it up and I can only hope that there are one or two in DC with the intestinal fortitude to actually cut spending.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Like I said, "so far" the funds are covering the costs.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I hope so.

Cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

In Texas, if you declne to return, even in a lesser position, you can lose your unemployment.

That's the case everywhere, as far as I can tell. It sure is here.

Speaking of "here", things are really not good. "Opening up" is not a good idea. People are idiots, that's why we can't have nice things.
covidtracking.com...

I'd recommend blaming your legislators for failing to do something, and instead grandstanding and blaming everyone but themselves. They had a chance and blew it.

If you are looking for the perfect plan, obviously EO's aren't goign to do it. Trump even admits as much. But what else do you do?

If nothing else, Pelosi handed him the win here.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It put democrats in a position where they now have to fight against people keeping more of what they earn.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If nothing else, Pelosi handed him the win here.

Heh.
McConnell has nothing to do with it, right?
How much was he offering the unemployed?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So if I was reading the orders correctly and based on my limited knowledge of tax laws. The payroll tax holiday is only a deferment of collection until the end of 2020. So will businesses (who are responsible for the payroll tax) hold the money until 2020 or will they be forced to release it right away and get screwed when they owe all the money they already distributed?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

I've been looking for a link to the order. Have you found one?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The pre-existing conditions thing with health insurance is going to be interesting. Can't wait to see or start a thread on that once more information becomes available.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The pre-existing conditions thing with health insurance is going to be interesting.

Do you think he's going to add it to the thing where he wanted to take it away before?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Payroll tax deferment. You still owe those taxes. If you stop paying them get ready for a big, fat bill next year.

The whole EO is big nothing-burger. Well, except a poke-in-the-eye to state governments and the taxpayer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join