It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump signs Executive Order for COVID - Unemployment, No Payroll Taxes, Student Loans and Evictions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

So he's applying additional can to those earning $100k+

Is he?
That wasn't make clear. If it makes up the difference, that's good. I guess.
It will encourage business owners to keep wages below $100k. Double plus good.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: matafuchs

This guy could cure cancer and you would have people whinging about it and using it as evidence of his Nazism, disregard for the sick etc.

So he's applying additional can to those earning $100k+ and removing pay roll tax for those below and yet people have a problem with this.

Just shows the programming is working a treat.

It's because Trump is actually offering a solution and everyone seems to be staining their shorts over it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DBCowboy

If that's where your strawman wants to make cuts, then go ahead.

Payroll taxes fund social security and medicare, that's it. Cut that revenue and you're going to have to either cut the benefits or get the revenue from someplace else.

Can you point out where social security and madicare have been cut because of this?

If not, then you're speculating at best, making crap up at worst.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

This guy could cure cancer and you would have people whinging about it and using it as evidence of his Nazism, disregard for the sick etc.

So he's applying additional can to those earning $100k+ and removing pay roll tax for those below and yet people have a problem with this.

Just shows the programming is working a treat.

It's because Trump is actually offering a solution and everyone seems to be staining their shorts over it.

The Dem are staining their shorts because they can’t get billions for all their pork in the bill.
Ya know....for the opera houses, Planned Parenthood, healthcare for illegals, LGBTQFYX, BLM etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wheres he gone?

Trump then doesn't go back to the White House, turns out the staff came out to see him off before he left for Cleveland because nobody's going to be seeing him for awhile, and then he's supposedly left Cleveland for his Bedminster resort in NJ.
While Trump was appearing in Cleveland yesterday, this gets filed by the DOJ, to seize ASSETS PrivatBank purchased with it's laundered money in Kentucky and Texas.

threadreaderapp.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Where are all of you getting the rich will pay more? These are FICA taxes. If you make less thank 4k bi-weekly no FICA tax. Also, the employer pays the same amount of FICA tax and Unemployment is different. We should not be supporting the FICA anyways it should be companies. We already pay Federal Taxes. Some of you should learn about your taxes.

Unemployment is FUTA and State UI that I have not read will be touched.

He is helping the common man worker not the rich....

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Employers already pay the tax. This is for the worker only.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

And that's why people are pissed off.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Sorry,, correct you are - it isnot clear there will be an increase only a decrease for those earning less than $100k.

I'd be much more impressed if he taxed the top end of town a lot more and recovered the deficit from them ie; big tech, the banks etc

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

About damned time.

There is work....i have 10 jobs that i need filled yesterday. Right now i am full of muscle cramps from losing so much water while sweating, while i did the work that some of those open positions should be doing. While I do my own.

Incentivize employment, and if you want to give a break, give a break to the employed. There are jobs available. If there aren't, that is another story. But paying people to sit on their ass while the nuts and bolts of US commerce grind to a halt as the government outcompetes for bodies is ridiculous.

link   

Can you point out where social security and madicare have been cut because of this?

How solvent do you think medicare and social security are, at the moment. Do you think reducing revenue will help that situation?

You're right though. It's not Trump's problem. Even if he is re-elected. Someone said somewhere, "kick the can down the road." Does he want to make that can into a 55 gallon drum?

edit on 8/8/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

I am just looking forward to the Federal Taxes next....

link   
This will actually help people that are working.
My employees didn't get squat from the $600 a week program.

This will also encourage people to go back to work instead of sitting at home.
I've heard many reports of workers refusing to return to work because they are making more at home.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

There are jobs available. If there aren't, that is another story. But paying people to sit on their ass while the nuts and bolts of US commerce grind to a halt as the government outcompetes for bodies is ridiculous.

Trump wants to give those lazy asses $400 a week. With $100 coming from the state. Where's that $100 supposed to come from? Unicorn pee?

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think it's more like I dont find it believable?
For one, you cant put much more of a burden on those making a little over $100,000. And that little us really alot.
It might sound like alot of money to us poor folk but people have a tendency to commit much of their money into better homes, cars, and such. So, sure take more in taxes and put them in bankruptcy court. Not sure how that helps much. And well, those making the really big bucks, they lol... they arent gonna pay more. They'll just find more loopholes or other tricks to hide it.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Have shorts in a bunch due the word "deferment".
Nothing I love better than having someone give with one hand & take away with the other. Sure I would get to keep a bit of extra cash, but in the future & no one knows when, that debt will have to be coughed up.

SURPRISE!!!
Will it be clawed back in 2021?
Will they just take it off the top when I file for Social Security?
Or will the govt then mandate it be taken back out of our bi-weekly paychecks in the future?

Sure Trump "did a thing" so yay!
Doing it like this is most likely going to be just another hot mess.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

How about instead you point out who did NOTHING for those getting SSI as well as raised our taxes and penalized us if we did not buy healthcare. Sure the elderly loved no COLA raise in 2010/2011 and 2016....That is where it got kicked down the road.

WIth more jobs also taxes were higher collected than they have ever been even after the tax cuts last year.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

There is no raise. This is simply stopping FICA, your FMED and FSOC on your pay stub. No extra burden and those who already got a cut last year can still enjoy. Sleepy Joe wants to raise them all across the board.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

How about instead you point out who did NOTHING for those getting SSI

Social security benefits are determined by the amount you (and your employers) have "contributed" during your career. If you haven't worked on the books, you don't get SSI.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You cut the revenue and the govt is obligated to make payment on enough of the treasury bonds they have stuffed into the fund through the decades in exchange for the money they took out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join