It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Sales Continue To Skyrocket Amid Ammo Shortage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Appears there is a massive shortage of primers and ammunition manufacturers cannot produce ammo without primers. Some manufactures are only distributing to the military and law enforcement now as well. This could last for a couple of years. The social unrest, increase in crime, election worries, and uncertainty in general is causing a rush on what is left of supply. Prices on 9mm for example are 3 times or more than normal.

abc11.com...

Jacobs tells ABC11 that his friends in the ammunition industry cite the shortage of primer as being a major factor. The primer is the chemical or device that is responsible for making the bullet combust, according to Jacobs. This key ingredient is manufactured in Italy, a country devastated by COVID-19 in recent months.

"That created this huge backlog in the need for primers," Jacobs said.

"There are certain manufactures that are only distributing to military and law enforcement. As far as the civilian market is concerned, that is only going to push the availability back," Jacobs said.

According to Jacobs, he's hearing through the grapevine that this ammo shortage may last several years. He encourages gun owners to become more frugal with their ammo.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Except for TP, hand sanitizer and a few things here and there. I have not noticed any problems with the supply chain.

Is this an indication we didn't dodge that bullet, it just takes awhile for the tanks to run dry? Are drugs next?

Not sure what the supply chain looks like right now. Don't really hear much about it anymore.

There for a while we were doomed because of the trade war and then the pandemic. Seeing we get 90% of our chems from the CCP.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
As far as I know there is not a potato shortage at the moment, they are also easy to grow at home (so no ammo shortage)

the revolver even makes a noise for you

and another bonus is there would be far less Americans killing each other on a daily basis

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Here's the truth:
If you weren't prepared before this crisis you need to get SOMETHING together NOW.

If you haven't bought guns and ammo be ready to beg and borrow...Stealing will just get you shot.

If you haven't been buying silver, gold, and bitcoin you need to start now. But I'm afraid a lot of people are about to get priced out due to massive inflationary pressures.

Don't let your normalcy bias screw you over. Quit effing around and start preparing as best you can now.
edit on 8 8 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I have more food than ammo. The problem I have with having a lot of ammo is it goes bad.

I don't have any crypto yet. Have been doing some research, still not sure what or the best place to buy.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
3000 rounds of 9mm

3000 rounds of .45

15000 rounds of .22

.270 - .308 - 12 ga - .38 Super ...all comparable.

I'm good.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Well, there's one thing to be said for carrying 'obsolete' weapons - ammunition supplies aren't any more scarce now than any time in the past. Never got into the .40S&W or 9mm pistols nor the .223/5.56 or .308 rifles. Most of the stuff I can find in the calibers I need was made in the 70s. Except for .45ACP which is too intimidating for most youngsters these days.

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yeah. A bunch of primer making stuff was just blown up in Beirut. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i been pretty well stocked up since the obama years (i mean i got a pallet of 10k 22 rounds i still have some from before the last shortage) trick is to just either buy in bulk in large quanities or slowly stock up over time i still have ammo for guns ive sold but forgot to include the ammo with like 20 gauge and 380 plus all the usual flavors. also got a bunch of free ammo when my uncle passed away as he had a literal storage unit full of it some in calibiers ive never even seen like 254? roberts and other obscure rifle cartridges 3 full reloading bench set ups and bunch of reloading books going back to the 1950s

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

No problem finding my 20ga shells for my 870 tactical short barrel Remington. Sweet little fire arm for carrying in car.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh the price if 9mm finally rose again?? Time to liquidate some backstock. Its never a bad thing to horde tens of thousands of rounds of various sizes. Kind of works as a savings as well. Never stop stockpiling ammo, and you will have some to sell for profit as well during shortages. Anyone who looks down on stockpiling must not be American.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Just do what you can to protect some buying power and yourself. Preparation and discipline beats panic and chaos any day.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Crypto is a whole topic by itself. There are a few places to get it, but a couple of warnings. First, there are some legit currencies, and thousands of so called sh*tcoins that are basically worthless. If you don't know the difference, and don't need any special features (such as what etherium offers) then keep it simple and get btc.

Second, many exchanges have been hacked, so I strongly suggest keeping a personal wallet on your computer or phone. It's easier than it sounds, and gives you full control over the funds. There are also more secure options like a ledger wallet etc, that you would only need for larger sums.

Finally, if you want it for emergencies, keep in mind that most people don't use it, so some other asset such as gold, food, or liquor may be better depending on the situation. None of these requires electricity or the internet, making them better in worst case scenarios.

Last thing, crypto is still in it's infancy, so for reasons I won't bore you with, it's incredibly volatile. A 5% swing in stocks is a big deal. A 50% swing in crypto is normal. So if you end up getting some, be prepared because the value will certainly change a lot from when you buy it. Hopefully up, but it could be down.

posted on Aug, 9 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is not just a shortage of primers. Lead shot is getting hard to find. Powder is limited to one jug per order. Primers are one 1000 pack per order.

I ordered 4 pounds of powder and 22 pound of shot this weekend along with some shot shell componants. That should refill what might be used after the election and then some.

The shells I like for defence are not available so I am making them from cheep walmart target shells.
edit on 8 9 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join